Jump to content

Recommended Posts

23 hours ago, zukov said:

i repeat again ... at the left williams old vanilla character and at right a fijan... please BI  work on the skins
 

 

they want the community to fix it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/30/2019 at 10:10 AM, zukov said:

i repeat again ... at the left williams old vanilla character and at right a fijan... please BI  work on the skins

EIHXv9sWkAA7irz.jpg

Is there already a ticket for this?

If not, one should be created. That's the proper way to proceed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I cannot use createVehicleLocal in a multiplayer game run through the editor.  The command returns objNull.

 

To test this, I ran an empty VR world with one character of type "B_G_Survivor_F" and used the debug console to LOCAL EXEC the command

typeOf player createVehicleLocal (player modelToWorld [5,0,0])

In single player that works.  In multiplayer that does not.

 

Each mission system that I have that relies on createVehicleLocal has stopped functioning in editor multiplayer sessions but continues to work normally in dedicated server multiplayer sessions.  Needless to say, having to reload a dedicated server for every code change won't do much for my productivity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, JB47394 said:

 

I cannot use createVehicleLocal in a multiplayer game

 

Dev branch?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Released.  The new update produced the change.  1.96.146070

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, JB47394 said:

Released.  The new update produced the change.  1.96.146070

Correct it was accidentally enabled last update.
temporary workaround set unsafeCVL = 1 in description.ext
Also this is dev branch thread, what are you doing here when you are not talking about dev branch?!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Removed: Get in actions for empty drones (UGV / UAV / Autonomous Static Turrets / SAM Sites, etc.)

 

Why also the SAM Sites? it was interesting to use the Weapon Systems as Vehicles, that broke alot of my scripts, now they are useless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ArYxRayx said:

Removed: Get in actions for empty drones (UGV / UAV / Autonomous Static Turrets / SAM Sites, etc.)

 

Why also the SAM Sites? it was interesting to use the Weapon Systems as Vehicles, that broke alot of my scripts, now they are useless.

You can still get inside of them with moveInGunner command.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ArYxRayx said:

that broke alot of my scripts, now they are useless

Not sure how removal of the user action broke your scrips, but here, add this to init and you should be ok
 

this addAction ["Get In", { _this select 1 moveInAny (_this select 0) }];
//or
this addAction ["Get In", { _this select 1 action ["GetInGunner", (_this select 0)] }];

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know what caused that but the latest update to stable branch kind of broke my game. It does still work just the time it needs to start the game is ridiculous. It takes ages and when in main menu it freezes for a couple of seconds. After that it seems to work fine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I was looking at the pylon settings page over on the biki and this kind of stood out to me

"future-compatible with non-missile equipment such as fuel tanks, pylon mounted HMG, electronics equipment,."

I know gun pods are in the game but is it possible to set up working fuel tanks and sensor pods that actually add extra fuel or targeting camera or does it have to be a scripted solution? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

RHS has fuel tanks, and I think they're working. I don't know if there's scripting involved, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, dragon01 said:

RHS has fuel tanks, and I think they're working. I don't know if there's scripting involved, though.

 

If they work, then there is probably scripting involved. Since pylon weapons are "just" magazines (not even weapons), there is no way to add anything in terms of functionality to a plane or chopper unless you script it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The negotiation is still underway though, I'm worried about the latest Dev-Branch update.

 

The update has the contents of my (and our) own MOD(https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1270174071). We're just volunteers, and made for non-commercial as well, but they adapted the MOD which is commercial use without asking us or me.

The Japanese translations for Arma 3 is generally sucked, but especially Bootcamp and Karts update's are really shit because they used mechanical translations.

So I made the MOD, that is intended to be used by Japanese players until BI implements the new translations. But the reality is this.

Their claim is: things I've posted to Feedback Tracker might be used by BI to fix/improve their games, thus my MOD that is posted to the feedback is used(https://feedback.bistudio.com/T123982). (So if we post major MODs like CBA, CUP or RHS to Feedback Tracker, they'll implement them without asking the authors to improve their game?)

 

I think this is impossible. Although the MOD isn't really perfect, but they did it. I still can't believe it.

However, I *AM* very happy to be adopted. I've (mostly) no problems with it, but as I said I am not the only author. My friend who did this project with me, is really raging.

 

I am hoping that this problem gets a satisfactory result for both we and BI.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, killzone_kid said:

Sorry, what exactly are you saying, that BI ripped off your mod?

I believe so. Or anything similar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am confused, you were actively reporting translation errors in FT ticket so that BI could fix it but when BI finally fixed it you accuse BI if ripping off your work?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, killzone_kid said:

I am confused, you were actively reporting translation errors in FT ticket so that BI could fix it but when BI finally fixed it you accuse BI if ripping off your work?

The MOD has a lot of translations that are not stated in the ticket, and most of them were implemented to the update directly. I made those ticket posts just for reference of improve, and thought they will make their new translations. But your point is also true...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I only have two questions, why did you post link to the mod in the ticket if you didn’t want BI to look at it and why did you post into this public thread if you are sorting this issue with BI already privately?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, killzone_kid said:

I only have two questions, why did you post link to the mod in the ticket if you didn’t want BI to look at it and why did you post into this public thread if you are sorting this issue with BI already privately?

Well...

  1. That was a link that intended for other people that is experiencing bad translations. Of course, I wanted them to see it for reference or example, but I've never thought they'll adapt it without even asking.
  2. I just tried to spread and make discussions, since it's already public issue on the Discord. But I just took a drink, and realized that was really nonsense post. Maybe I'm upsetting than I thought...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, POLPOX said:
 
 
 
 
19 hours ago, POLPOX said:

I'm worried about the latest Dev-Branch update.

 

Since much of what has been discussed on this topic was sent privately, I'd like to reiterate publically some details in response to this post to clear up any misunderstandings. We have carefully reviewed this issue and let us assure everyone that using somebody else's content without their permission is the last thing we would want or were able to do.

In the original Feedback Tracker ticket that you have already mentioned, you submitted several direct localization suggestions with desired translated text that should be used for fixes regarding the Bootcamp and Karts data. By doing that, you had already expressed your permission for us to use these suggestions of the desired translated text in our game the moment of publishing your report – otherwise, the whole purpose of the report itself would be void. As such, we have fixed these mentioned sections of our game based on the direct suggestions from yourself.

In relation to the localization mod, which you added to the Feedback Tracker for our reference, we would like to assert that this was an open project; specifically, the Google sheet that was linked, referenced, and used in the making of the mod. Anyone who got access to edit this sheet could edit the localization stings, and as we have stated privately and you acknowledged, one of the contributors for this localization mod happened to also be our Associate Producer (Roy) who worked on this mod as well. When Roy polished our Japanese Arma 3 data even beyond the scope of your reports on the Feedback Tracker, mainly with a focus on enhancing the Bootcamp experience for our Japanese players, he did so in a similar way as previously in the mod. Therefore, there are many lines in a similar or the same way, since he worked both on the mod as well as the official Bootcamp translation enhancement. We did not use this mod in its entirety. We used all the provided information and suggestions that you submitted via the Feedback Tracker and then Hiroya edited the rest on his own, independently of the mod itself.

In summary, we have made fixes based on the report we received on the Feedback Tracker, and the reporter summarized all the fixes they wanted in as a Google sheet and mod which are clearly stated as an open project. We worked on it based on these suggested fixes, also changed some lines, and our Associate Producer who worked on these was also the only other known contributor. Therefore, to our knowledge, all authors of the mod expressed permission to do so. If anybody reports on the Feedback Tracker and suggests fixes and states a reference from open content, we consider it as a prompt and permission to use this content, in goodwill to improve the game and enhance the experience for everybody. We do thank you and are appreciative of your contributions. If in the future you wish to only point out some issues via the Feedback Tracker but do not wish us to use your fix suggestions, please do not state such suggestions in the Feedback Tracker issue report. Thank you.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×