what does •Improved thread synchronization of object drawing mean?

could someone explain?

performance related?

I get something completely different. Testing the same location etc etc I get hit in the first 3 shots and killed within 2.5 seconds. It does need some work though.

I then went to record and... here's the weird thing. I made it to the grass, he ran out of ammo! Load up the CPU with fraps and the AI can't shoot for shit!

Using DXtory, running the game at 80 fps. Didn't make it 2 meters! USE DXTORY FOR RECORDING SINGLEPLAYER!!!!

Very valid point indeed.

I use msi-afterburner for recording and it puts a real heavy hit on the game, down 25-30fps when recording.

However, I tried it first without recording and it did the same, that’s why I did it again and recorded it, seems it may be a case of ‘hit & miss’ excuse the pun, sometimes they do and sometimes they don’t.

Its true though, the more that’s going on the less sence you’ll get out of the ai, in any of the series. That’s why I play without going above 250ai in A2 and I would stick to less than 170ish for A3.

I like smaller skirmishes anyway, its what I play the most. Keep em sane..

Looks like Opfor recon guys now have no primary weapon...... oops

what does •Improved thread synchronization of object drawing mean?

could someone explain?

performance related?

IF it releates to multicore support, it probally means the handling of assests in a way that is more efficent.

multicore in very simple terms is a predecessor system, where any action that depends on a previous action, can't happen at the same time as said action. but if 2 actions require a single to be preformed before hand, they can both happen on separate cores, at the same time, once the predecessor occurs

an improvement in synchronization probally means making things that are required to be done, happen just before they are needed.

if any one here has done/understands Gnatt charts for project managment in microsoft project, thats what multicoring tries to do, the most work in the least amount of time

oh that's alright then maybe a few FPS gained in certain areas

---------- Post added at 12:23 ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 ----------

also is •Mostly changes for localization (invisible unless it goes wrong ) this speech related?

We just need some tests to see whether there is a significant effect on LOD pop. Fingers crossed there is !

We just need some tests to see whether there is a significant effect on LOD pop. Fingers crossed there is !

Yeah : ) particulary with rocks trees and the dramatical light of Agia Marina (in the area of the gate) where we have popopland with lighting^^

If there is no plane actually, it's because lighting was so bad when you are upper than 2 .. 3 km and the problem of LOD who was partially solved in the latest(s) and incoming updates.

There's a problem with this change: "OPFOR recon units inventory loadouts changed to match their BLUFOR recon counterparts." Apparently opfor have no primary rifle now; just pistols.

would be great that we have a part of our vehicle in the back-mirror. its so confusing if you drive backwards like its now.

only the civilian offroad has it like it should be.

I wonder what they will be releasing :) hmmm guesses?

I wonder what they will be releasing :) hmmm guesses?

Expanded greenfor content and tanks hopefully.

I'd love to see jets, but I could go without them till release.

The last update changed loadouts to match blufor. Why is bi making this game exactly the same for every army. Everyone has a sub, everyone has the same weaponry on vehicles, everything matches almost perfectly. Is there any army in the world that does that? It's like in the future, there is only one military manufacturer and everyone buys from them.

The recon needed to be armed differently from what they had but stop matching everything. Everyone can have a sub but don't make them all identical.

Well that's my opinion

There's only one SDV in the game in the first place, so the only difference is that now Green Army has it too.

Is there any army in the world that does that? It's like in the future, there is only one military manufacturer and everyone buys from them.

And there is no women, the future is so bad for us :yay:

This happens when you focus on MP balance and do it the lazy way.....

The last update changed loadouts to match blufor. Why is bi making this game exactly the same for every army. Everyone has a sub, everyone has the same weaponry on vehicles, everything matches almost perfectly. Is there any army in the world that does that? It's like in the future, there is only one military manufacturer and everyone buys from them.

The recon needed to be armed differently from what they had but stop matching everything. Everyone can have a sub but don't make them all identical.

Well that's my opinion

While I don't like it either, I'm assuming that is because we are in a testing phase and everything is suppose to be as generic as possible.

And because soon we will be able to edit that with ease (multi unit edition worries me).

Atleast Opfor could have own sub and other things compared to Blufor - Green not much because they have most of equipment from Blufor

also newest Sitrep - said that we will get BattlEye anti-cheat and Workshop for SP& MP scenarios , but first it will be on dev branch to test it

... Why is bi making this game exactly the same for every army. ... Well that's my opinion

Indded. The only reason to do this is so that every faction is the same in Warfare/Wasteland/game mode of the day.

Does Agia Marina have a blackout for anyone else? No lights on in the town after the most recent update

Does Agia Marina have a blackout for anyone else? No lights on in the town after the most recent update

I still got lights, but only around half of the lamp posts are on.

I've just run the same mission again and lights are back - must have been momentary

i hope with a good MP templates scenario