Good news about battle eye for sure!

Does anyone know if there has been any development or mention concerning the "closure sounds" (weapons working parts sounds) not working in game currently?

Didn't Arma 2 have BattleEye? And subsequently DayZ? Because I hated DayZ but if there's one thing I remember reading a lot about it's all the hacking that went on.

Didn't Arma 2 have BattleEye? And subsequently DayZ? Because I hated DayZ but if there's one thing I remember reading a lot about it's all the hacking that went on.

DayZ was a magazine headline thing, and therefore also a big target for hackers. I'm sure it wont be so bad in Arma 3

Well, that wasn't BE's fault at all. It was mostly because of the insecure engine itself and even worse, the CD-Key theft in Arma 2 OA, which rendered bans quite ineffective.

Has anyone else noticed recoil changes in today's update. The recoil animation seems to have been slowed down and made shorter (I could be imagining this change) and worst of all muzzle climb seems to have been increased. The muzzle just keeps climbing without any level of automatic recovery. It feels similar to what they tried to introduce in armed assault. Not liking the changes myself, particularly the muzzle climb as I have to constantly pull my mouse down. The effect is quite pronounced even when prone. The MX assault rifle climbs about 30 degrees emptying one 30 round mag.

Nevermind; rolling back from dev branch and reinstalling appears to have fixed the issues I was having.

Edited by stun

Is there already a ticket about the ai turning around on the spot three times in 0.2 seconds? Couldn't find anything and I'm sure I just suck at searching.

tried arma 3 maxed out with latest patch, arma 3 mark AVG FPS 24. Quite choppy, when your flying over woods or agia marina, but quite smooth as infantry.

No difference in FPS . I always read about FPS gains after every patch but after a while most of us realize that there is no gain in FPS.

No difference in FPS . I always read about FPS gains after every patch but after a while most of us realize that there is no gain in FPS.

Well people usually "eyeball" the changes. I've seen 20% difference thrown around.

If you get 20FPS to begin with, you can expect 24FPS.

Best way to get better performance is to have stronger hardware. Just because you ran ArmA 2, doesn't mean you'll run ArmA 3.

Well people usually "eyeball" the changes. I've seen 20% difference thrown around.

If you get 20FPS to begin with, you can expect 24FPS.

Best way to get better performance is to have stronger hardware. Just because you ran ArmA 2, doesn't mean you'll run ArmA 3.

if you can ran arma 2 maxed out, you can run arma 3 at least on high/very high as well.

I don't have problem with the game performance, I just point out that my FPS are the same.

if you can ran arma 2 maxed out, you can run arma 3 at least on high/very high as well.

What are your specs?

intel i5 2500k @4,3Ghz

12gb ram

nvidia 670GTX 2gb @1200mhz

samsung 830 SSD 128gb

seasonic 520W PSU

For the first time ever I'm getting constant smooth 60 fps placing a unit in the editor, where before I would be getting a choppy +/- 40 fps. Highest settings with 4000m view distance and 2100m object view distance. They did something right with this dev patch.

Interesting points about how different CPU power may mean different quality AI, even at identical ingame+config settings.

If you want to test that, and see how your CPU is holding up, I can recommend these tools:

All CPU Meter: http://addgadgets.com/download/

CPU Stress: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/vijaysk/archive/2012/10/27/tools-to-simulate-cpu-memory-disk-load.aspx

Start Arma3 in windowed mode, so that you can have an eye on the CPU Meter during the test/mission.

Use CPU stress to emulate anything from 0-100% load on any or all cores from another process, ie. so that A3 either has the entire machine to itself, or so that it is really struggling for CPU ressources.

Interestingly, I found that Arma 3 now places a significant load on all 4 cores. Not just one of them, which has been forum hearsay for some time. BI seem to be silently working on better performance and core utilization :)

-OP

FPS increased another dozen % for me in Agia Marina

From 29-30 to 34-35 overviewing both AM and airbase which is the toughest FPS-killing spot I've found in a game thus far.

However distant LOD switch-jumping seems to have become somewhat worse there.

i think, arma uses now my cores more properly? At helicopter showcase, all 4 cpus, were loaded neraly identical, before, it was always 1st core loaded like to 70%, second to 50%, others to 40% and 30%. Now all about 50-55%!

I can report a performance increase as well :)

Compared to previously, I gained about 7fps (beginning of the helicopter showcase) while having the terrain quality to ultra instead of very high and a lower overclock of about 300MHz :) No LOD popping observable.

But why on earth has the pistol sprinting animation been switched to the horrible "weapon lowered" animation again?

Additionally, the "set editing mode (WIP tooltip)" strings in the editor should really be replaced by now...

It also seems like a LOD for the pouches on the backplate of the GREENFOR units have a texture glitch (black texture)

Edited by PurePassion

Just did a test. Same Setup, using the ArmA 3 Bench tool 0.51

Beta Build: 31 Fps (Run 2 times)

Dev Build: 34 (Firts Run) 35 (Second Run).

So I confirm nice gains with today dev build! yay :yay:

Noticeable FPS gain here as well :) Arma3Mark v0.51 results:

Stable build -> Dev build (v0.71.107.224)

Preset "High": 52 -> 65 FPS (+25%)

Maxed out (including viewdistances): 21 -> 26 FPS (+23%)

CPU: i5-3570k @4,5 GHz

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce III factory OC'ed @factory OC MHz

MOBO: ASRock Z77 Extreme 4

RAM: 16 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz CL9 (Corsair)

SSD: Samsung 830 256 GB

Nice job BIS!

Got a few FPS extra also its using more video ram 1666mb that's the most Ive seen before it was 1200 - 1300