All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. PuFu

RHS Escalation (AFRF and USAF)

if you love them so much, maybe you should spend your time making these, rather than request and expect others to do it for you for free....
  3. You have to search for some simple requests like: Arma LOD on google then you will have some good pages like this one. If you need some help for your script, just send the code you're trying to make it work.
  4. In response to the recent GM DLC, have you guys considered making a Divided Berlin with the 1945 map you have at present, something like the Sahrani/United Sahrani maps did? It'd make for some nice Cold War style espionage, secret police and uprising actions.
  5. sputnik monroe

Speak for yourself. T-64 ran over my Babushka, will never forgive. IS-10 was true best tank of motherland, help Babushka cross street, turn wine to vodka. True patriots tank. T-64 drink milk like weak Patton.
  6. UPDATE: I got it to not crash. The problem was another menu that apparently crashes your game when attempting this. However this opens a new problem, the child display doesnt even go over the parent display and it looks like you just created another dialog: https://gyazo.com/be01e67e6a0a7a6ebfcd6d9e1562407b
  7. Sure! Some UAV fires even if they are not used (no connected terminal)! Not tested so far (I've rather enabled/disabled the simulation along with a player connected or not), but you could try to set "off" on emission control (electronics and sensors in 3den) or by script: enableVehicleSensor command.
  8. I really enjoy playing the game, but I've thought of a lot of things that could make it better. Being able to drop guns, ammo, and other loot would be nice for when I have a friend with me. I'd also like to see throwing knives, or maybe the ability to throw whatever knife you have in your loadout. I think a bow or crossbow would be a cool addition that would add to the stealth aspect of the game. Also, maybe being able to use the poison resource to make the knives or arrows poisonous so that they do additional damage every few seconds to the enemy while they're poisoned. These are just a few of the ideas I've thought of that I think would be kind of cool to see added, hopefully something like them is added along the road.
  9. Me and my unit also use Wombat Servers, we had a 22 slot server in New York, and we later found out they did the same to us, zero warning, and moved our servers to Australia. Terrible business practice.
  10. Wombat servers has shifted our server from our original contract location (Miami) to Australia. They did this with no warning, no notice, and no sorry. The only acknowledgement we received was a IP change. When a ticket was opened. They shut down our server without warning, and said they had refunded us our last payment. This is a terrible practice, and I am ashamed to see a once great host turn to this kind of act. Multiple users were affected by this, a lot of which I had told myself. I recommended them this host, and now we are all out of a game server. Screenshot of current billing Screenshot of statement after refund request
  11. _test = call compile "true"; _test isEqualType true // returns true
  12. Medical Attention

HOW DO I SPAWN VEHICLES

ok so how do i spawn vehicles i saw one on a map and people spawned them in and im wondering if it spawns automatically or if it spawns via player i just need to know and if it is automatically spawns then what map and settings is it because i wanna fly a helicopter with my friends to attack the enemys
  13. Today
  14. GEORGE FLOROS GR

AI Facts/Myths, & Information List

Gunter , this is like opening a treasure chest ! That's a lot of useful information for this Forum ! Thank you very much for sharing !
  15. Yyhrs

Oh damn, 18 years... I remember discovering and enjoying RHS mod at the end of Operation Flashpoint.
  16. Would really like this as well...
  17. Well it's not a test mission, its one I've been working on for a bit, I don't feel comfortable with uploading it unfortunately. On the other hand the script attached to the parent display has around 500 lines, not sure if that is the culprit as the child display executes a script when it is spawned also... also, when I open a display using createDisplay, how would I close that specific display without needing to go in and press escape (for scripting reasons)
  18. The Real Bunc

[RELEASE] DynamicCamo Script

Very informative links Gunter. All stuff that gets me thinking. The detection test in particular looks like it could be very useful as I get to the final stages of this script and try to get the tuning of factors really spot on. I've another development after this in mind and this sort of stuff is relevant for that as well. btw Gunter, re our earlier discussion on that strange awareness they have - how about this? In configs units have a camo value I believe and an audibility value. I wonder if the engine uses the camcoef and audiblecoef to simply moderate these values? (I.e. Camcoef of zero doesn't actually set full cam but simply moderates the config starting cam) that would explain what we are seeing perhaps?
  19. Gunter Severloh

[RELEASE] DynamicCamo Script

Something to take note of in your script: Increased error of player position, when AI is killed by player https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/150500-development-branch-captains-ai-log/?do=findComment&comment=2393389 AI in groups share information about targets https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/150500-development-branch-captains-ai-log/?do=findComment&comment=2473418 Hope this can help in some way: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_AI_Skill IDK if this means anything or has any use in terms of information for you: Visibility raycast for dead bodies is limited to 50m. For alive soldiers it is limited to 3km. https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/150500-development-branch-captains-ai-log/?do=findComment&comment=2828429 https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/150500-development-branch-captains-ai-log/?do=findComment&comment=2908714 Old info but provides details -Tweaked: The AI visibility at night was optimized https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/150500-development-branch-captains-ai-log/?do=findComment&comment=3045162 hope this helps!
  20. Gunter Severloh

AI Facts/Myths, & Information List

AI Facts/Myths, & Information List What i would like to do here is compile a list of all the known things that are and are not true about the AI in terms of how they function, and respond to various things in the game. My inspiration comes from this thread so i figured we should have something for Arma3. ============= The following is a list of statements about the AI to gather information, a TRUE or FALSE answer will be after each statement if they have been answered and any extra information for that statement. Information listed here is from my own tests, as well as others, and among the many are from the AI Discussion thread, and the Development Branch Captain's AI Log thread This thread is WIP ===================== AI will not shoot you through bushes, if he did not see you before - TRUE (fixed in OA and merged) AI can still spot you if you are partially sticking out behind cover even if they haven't seen you initially - TRUE AI cannot see through any vegetation - TRUE https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/150500-development-branch-captains-ai-log/?do=findComment&comment=2893759 AI cannot see you if your lying prone in a ghillie suit - AI cannot see you in dense fog - AI Can hear footsteps - Your speed of movement and fatigue (breathing effect) makes you louder and more likely to be heard by AI - TRUE https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/150500-development-branch-captains-ai-log/?do=findComment&comment=2407195 AI can hear you more if you carry alot of gear - AI hear you less the further you are away from them - TRUE AI cannot hear you if you are using a silenced weapon - FALSE (that depends on the distance i believe, if your within the vicinity of them they may here you but at distances they may not please correct me here) AI cant hear you if you are using a silenced weapon and are 50m+ away - TRUE AI Can hear gunfire - TRUE AI is deaf - FALSE AI can see through fallen vegetation - FALSE (was fixed in version 1.84 2018 ---> Tweaked: AI is no longer able to see or shoot through fallen trees https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/216507-17-years-old-bug-in-a3-a-fallen-static-objects-geometries-bug/ AI can see you with night, and thermal vision goggles on - TRUE AI cannot see you if its pitch black outside and they have no NVG - TRUE AI spotting abilities depend purely on the individual AI skill and the equipment available to the AI - TRUE Smoke grenades block AI's view - Stun grenades can stun the AI - Tear gas grenades work on the AI - AI can track the player's movement - TRUE https://feedback.bistudio.com/T58484 You can configure how the AI responds - TRUE AI can distinguish between friend and foe - TRUE https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/192525-something-has-to-be-done-about-ai-shooting-through-the-jungle/?do=findComment&comment=3067632 AI wearing plated vest can withstand several bullets depending on the bullet caliber and vest coverage and type - TRUE AI is able to change the fire mode on a weapon capable of shooting semi and auto - AI can distinguish between player and AI when selecting weapon mode - TRUE AI can be suppressed - TRUE AI can shoot over animals - TRUE (Fixed in 2013) AI can shoot through penetrable doors and walls if they know your on the other side - AI use the deadzone in the prone position - TRUE https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/150499-ai-discussion-dev-branch/?do=findComment&comment=2387428 AI is able to aim and engage targets on all ranges, both static and moving - TRUE AI prefer to not waste rockets on infantry rather shoot them - AI will switch to and use a pistol in a CQB range vs its assault rifle - AI wont switch to their sidearm, when their rifle still have some ammo left - TRUE AI can detect you in the dark if you are using a flashlight - TRUE AI can properly use weapon optics to find enemy - AI can use TI in optics to find enemy - AI will use Binoculars if they have them - TRUE AI can detect mines and avoid them if they have a mine detector - TRUE? AI can and will throw hand grenades - TRUE AI are able to use grenade launchers - TRUE AI prefer crouch stance while engaging - Blackhawk AI gunners are more capable while searching for new targets - TRUE (done in OA and merged) AI door gunner are able to engage targets that the pilot cant see - TRUE (Fixed in 2015) AI helicopter pilots prefer not to crash to threes and hills - AI in boats are able to navigate around piers - AI medic in a squad will heal their own wounded - AI will use a first aid kit if they are wounded - TRUE AI will have a decreased visibility of shooting, after killing one of them - (and also know each shot close to enemy will decrease error of guessed position) AI can drive physx vehicles - TRUE AI will assign secondary targets to their own squad members if more then one player is spotted - AI will not disembark to change position in vehicle (if possible) - AI will not take your commanding role in vehicle - AI are able to open doors in some buildings and search - TRUE AI wont use the co pilots seat when the pilot is dead - It is possible to teach the ai how to properly interact with them - AI can use rangefinders and predict their ballistics - AI are able to consider and control the recoil of the weapon - TRUE AI accuracy influence by rotation (faster rotation, less precision) - TRUE AI accuracy influenced by shooting (more shooting, less precision) - TRUE AI accuracy influenced by movement (more movement, less precision) - TRUE AI accuracy influenced more logically in proportion to skill - TRUE AI rotation speed dependent on encumbrance (more encumbered, slower rotation) - TRUE AI rotation speed dependent on stance (prone rotation ~3x slower than standing) - TRUE AI rotation speed dependent on speed of movement (AI that has been moving fast will turn slower than those that are static) - TRUE https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/150500-development-branch-captains-ai-log/?do=findComment&comment=2419123 AI can lead unguided rockets - AI prefer to stop and shoot, rather than run to cover, if enemy is close - TRUE https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/150500-development-branch-captains-ai-log/?do=findComment&comment=2409959 AI in groups share information about targets - TRUE AI without direct LOS - will only try to fire for a limited amount of time, and will stop firing - TRUE AI drivers are better able to determine when they are stuck - TRUE https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/150500-development-branch-captains-ai-log/?do=findComment&comment=2447157 AI-controlled turrets can lead their targets - TRUE AI will use radar - TRUE AI will avoid dead bodies - FALSE (10-01-2014 Fixed: AI avoiding dead bodies) If AI are wounded or reloading it will effect their aim, forcing them to reacquire the target - TRUE When AI ordered to engage, it will engage even a vehicle without weapons - TRUE AI will attack an enemy vehicle with weapons but without ammo (he no longer has info about the number of magazines) - TRUE AI can engage targets while firing from a moving or static vehicle - TRUE AI is capable of sling loading from a heli - TRUE AI will react to being alerted by nearby explosions - TRUE AI soldiers can plan their path through objects along the coastline - TRUE AI sight is limited by object view distance, not landscape view distance - TRUE AI unit that comes under fire will no longer return fire with the same accuracy as when it's not endangered - TRUE AI can occasionally suffer a lower rate of fire when pinned down - TRUE Weapon attachments properly affect AI aiming - TRUE (Fixed in 2015) AI firing from a vehicle with personal weapons will loose aim if you shoot around the vehicle - TRUE AI vehicles will react faster to hits with 0 damage - TRUE AI soldiers now check friendly smoke grenades in their vicinity - TRUE As soon as any one unit in a group spots you, that info is transmitted to all units in that group straight away - TRUE All anti-material rifles can be heard and seen by the AI on a similar distance - TRUE (14-09-2015 EXE rev. 132389 (game) AI (soldier/vehicle) will find the path faster (when close to or on road) - TRUE (20-01-2016E XE rev. 134014 (game) AIs in helicopters are able to land (e.g. unload cargo) even under fire - TRUE AI will turn on the lights in a vehicle when it gets dark out - TRUE The AI visibility at night is limited but they can still see - TRUE AI can fly a VTOL plane - TRUE AI can detect targets underwater - TRUE AI can detect submerged objects in the water - TRUE AI tries to keep the turret aligned with vehicle's direction if it has no targets - Since Arma 3 v1.67 is it possible to create 288 AI groups per side instead of 144 as before - TRUE In a last resort action AI infantry would flee when unable to engage - TRUE Mortars controlled by the AI can not shoot more than one round at a time - TRUE (13-02-2017 EXE rev. 140375 (game) Countermeasures timings and bursts can be used by the AI - TRUE Automated tailhook operation for AI is used when landing on an aircraft carrier - TRUE AI have more or less dispersion based on their skill when firing - TRUE AI will use 30mm HE shells against infantry - TRUE 24-01-2018 AI driving wheeled vehicles prefer roads less when in Combat or Stealth mode - TRUE 15-02-2018 EXE rev. 144306 (game) AI will use cover and flank you when they know your about position and are seen - TRUE =========
  21. PSYKO_nz

co10 Escape

I'm having the same issue, the easy way to test is to set grass to no grass but when we start there is grass and none of the other settings work either. none at all, it just always plays the default settings, it also does not matter which map you are on the glitch is consistent. up until last week this didn't happen also, an escape Zargrabad would be awesome, any chance it's on the books for a future mission pack?
  22. JD Wang

Kujari

You might want to provide just a little more detail there bud. Just saying it's "broken" doesn't help with fixing anything, what exactly is "broken" about it? I was running around on it the other night and it seemed fine??
  23. soul_assassin

its been 18 years, why change now 🙂
  24. Tried isEqualType but it did not work. "true" isEqualType true returns false There's probably some other command to detect if boolean returned by getText is in fact a boolean in the class
  25. Jackal326

I've been out of the ArmA3 mod-scene for quite some time, but its still good to see that some things haven't changed - "When will you include X?", "Why haven't you included Y yet?" etc. 😂
  26. Don't know, sorry. I was hoping someone else would chime in. Basically if a squad is far away from it's designated zone, Gaia will look for an empty transport and assign it to pick them up and transport them.
  27. Some config classes in description.ext that I use in my mission. Don't know if boolean is often used but it's what I use. Going to check isEqualType, thanks!
  1. Load more activity