Tonci87

ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead discussion thread

Ohara sort of implied something about this in next week's press release... so stay tuned.

Fingers crossed!

Really can't be bothered to read through 28 pages to be honest :rolleyes:

Then I guess you'll just have to keep wondering... :j:

Too little info to get all stirred up. It´s good to hear though the series is being continued. :)

Now, who's going to attend gamescom in Cologne ... ? :D

I'm hoping for lots of old western gear like FALs and G3s as it would fit the setting nicely and they just feel like they're missing to me in vanilla arma 2.

A bit soon perhaps, but overall I think this is good news for ARMA II. I remember that OFP:Resistance brought about many positive features, bugfixes, improvements (however marginal) to the engine and new exciting scripting commands and so on and so forth.

Looking forward to the expansion pack release BIS!

Really can't be bothered to read through 28 pages to be honest :rolleyes:

Change to 70 posts per page then it's only 4 :)

Sounds good cant wait for this one and that apache looks great, now more l8 night's of trawling youtube for footage.

The 'Longbow’ radar is the bulbous unit over the rotor hub assembly. Radar placement above the rotors allows the apache to hover behind cover scanning for targets, with only the radar unit exposed.

Yeah, someone's right, Tab and fire...

Let's see how these ACU units turn out...realistic...or....not realistic...

Do you plan to update the game for 3D? I currently have a Nvidia 3D Vision system and I have to say that ArmA 2 looks AMAZING in 3D but, there are some things such as smoke and shadows that still don't render quite right and can break the experience. I could care less and am probably going to buy it regardless, but I figured I'd ask about it anyway.

Hopefully the devs are reading this thread and taking note that there are more than a few people who play this in 3D... it really adds an entirely new dimension to the game, and I'm hoping they work with nvidia to get a really solid experience out of the 3D as well.

Gents, is it possible that we can leave the pointless spam out? Just in this one thread which already is bloated with all kind of rumors, spam and other nonsense.

Think about the people which are looking for information and must read through countless pages already.

It would be really cool to see some UK troops in the game. After all, with their all their VBS work they have the appropriate models around. (Werent some of the ArmA 2 vehicles imported from VBS2?)

Yes, not everything military revolves around the US military.. it would be great to see UK forces portrayed for once..

It would be really cool to see some UK troops in the game. After all, with their all their VBS work they have the appropriate models around. (Werent some of the ArmA 2 vehicles imported from VBS2?)

Dev already stated in this thread, when someone stated the same thing about different nationalities' military, to wait until next week.

Involvement of military other than US?

You will be able to use the expansion pack units (US Army, etc.) in Arma2

Work on expansion pack started in January 2009; when ArmA2 was finished, art team went to the exp pack; programmers/designers now working on ArmA2 fixes. When design bugs are fixed, designers will move to exp pack. Programmers working on the expansion will be, by the nature of their work, be fixing ArmA 2 bugs as well.

More surprises at the press conference next week?

Edited by mcbane

Correct, however the development of these UK models was paid by the UK MoD which not automatically means that the content can be used in a computer game. Same applies to other VBS2 content which is sponsored by their customers.

But all rumors doesn't really help, we got to wait for more official details next week. But yes, would be nice to see some fresh content other than US Army/Marines.

Let me get this straight will this be a stand alone 4 player coop? or an expansion? and if it IS and expansion.... why is it that there is an expansion already and the game itself isnt finished? are you all serious? How bout fixing the game first?

how bout reading the thread first? and specifically

Works on expansion CG started at january this year at Brno (ALTAR team) and after A2 release, rest of art people in Mnisek connected to that work. Programmers and designers now fixing A2 and branched project, when fixes are released as patches. As expect that design bugs in A2 are near to be solved (most of bugs is now in engine not in design), designers moved/will move to Arowhead. Programers as they work on expansion automaticaly fixing A2 engine, so dont worry.

..... ADD kids...

In Harvest Red it seems that Team Razor and the Marines are sent to Takistan. Now it's the Army...

Not that I care about it (I can't tell a Marine from an Army Soldier) but for continuities's sake it's a small plot hole...

I so hope for Euro forces. Actually I believe Europe is probably a bigger market for Arma 2 than the US given the distribution scheme BIS had.

In Harvest Red it seems that Team Razor and the Marines are sent to Takistan. Now it's the Army...

Not that I care about it (I can't tell a Marine from an Army Soldier) but for continuities's sake it's a small plot hole...

I so hope for Euro forces. Actually I believe Europe is probably a bigger market for Arma 2 than the US given the distribution scheme BIS had.

There is no reason why the Marines and the Army can't be in the same place at the same time.

Great news! US Army is OK but I really would have liked to see some other nationalities taking part like UK, France or Germany...

I believe Europe is probably a bigger market for Arma 2 than the US given the distribution scheme BIS had.

Hear hear! Was Arma2 even distribitued in NA at all? I bought the German DD so I never paid attention. 2 days ago I walk into the local Gamestop and ask to see Arma2 for a backup copy and those emo youngsters started shaking their heads declaring "No, Arma2 was cancelled...never released". I told them they were mistaken as I had it on my HD but they just crossed their arms and got more defiant :confused:

Finally, to break the mood I said is there any word on DR and they all chimed in, "Now your talking!" and I shook my head and walked out.

Great news! US Army is OK but I really would have liked to see some other nationalities taking part like UK, France or Germany...

There are apparently surprises to be announced next week... *fingers crossed*

Hear hear! Was Arma2 even distribitued in NA at all? I bought the German DD so I never paid attention. 2 days ago I walk into the local Gamestop and ask to see Arma2 for a backup copy and those emo youngsters started shaking their heads declaring "No, Arma2 was cancelled...never released". I told them they were mistaken as I had it on my HD but they just crossed their arms and got more defiant :confused:

Finally, to break the mood I said is there any word on DR and they all chimed in, "Now your talking!" and I shook my head and walked out.

hahahaha, true story?

lmao! :D