Tonci87

ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead discussion thread

I think it's great news.

It shows the continueing commitment BIS has towards their engine.

If they put one stray Belgian soldier in there (we are also in Afghanistan nod nod) then i'll buy 10 copies to celebrate the first Belgian soldier in a game EVER.

Do it BIS, it will be original, and make him a total pussy, our army isn't that much of an army...

All development is good development. Will be buying for sure.

Out of curiousity have you read the thread? They are trying to patch it still. They didn't give up and its been posted about 300 times in this thread and it has its own dedicated thread which I think was posted in two different subforums. Please read.

Just like i said, it's naturally true that here everyone love the game, but i think we are just a little disappointed like if u buy a car and don't have the cigarette lighter.. kind of "well i can use it anyway", but not completely know what i mean?

Yeah, i've read till page 11, but i'm at work, no time to read 25 pages where almost all ppl say the same stuff just like me... :D

Btw, i've got a lot of CTD after 1.03 calling on RAM exhaust. Posted on the other thread.

There's an Apache! :eek::p

+1 Jake

Excellent.

It's going to look wonderful juddering along at 11 Frames per second

as soon as a building appears.

Thats always of course assuming the AI pilot has'nt crashed it on take off.

All development is good development. Will be buying for sure.

I'll definitely wait before I even consider buying - I wish I hadn't spent $50 on the current state of arma2.

"This addon requires ARMA II Operation Arrowhead..."

I'm running out of hope for:

- bugfree releases

- game runs with more then ~10fps on high/very high end computer

- no more ~8 year old bugs

- a base for a STRONG community

- a base for a GREAT multiplayer experience

- a linux dedicated server from the beginning

- realistic controls for AIR, LAND and SEA

- NEW features NEVER seen before in a game

- Insert your trouble with ArmAI & ArmAII right here: ( __________ )

-----

First this disasterous release of patch 1.03

Then the "ARMA II Community Update".. "Everything will be fine, we love you and fix everything!"

And now: "Oh, btw, there is this expansion, Operation Arrowhead!"

:icon_neutral:

-----

MfG Lee ...

I'm running out of hope for:

- bugfree releases

- game runs with more then ~10fps on high/very high end computer

- no more ~8 year old bugs

- a base for a STRONG community

- a base for a GREAT multiplayer experience

- a linux dedicated server from the beginning

- realistic controls for AIR, LAND and SEA

- NEW features NEVER seen before in a game

- Insert your trouble with ArmAI & ArmAII right here: ( __________ )

-----

First this disasterous release of patch 1.03

Then the "ARMA II Community Update".. "Everything will be fine, we love you and fix everything!"

And now: "Oh, btw, there is this expansion, Operation Arrowhead!"

:icon_neutral:

-----

MfG Lee ...

Disasterous 1.03 patch for you maybe, but it was good for me and some of my friends, not everyone hated the 1.03 patch.

I would urge people to wait until next week's press release before criticizing BIS... at leas then you'll have enough information to know whether it is worth criticizing them or not.

If there were an expansion pack just for better voices, I'd buy that. :)

This news caught me off guard really. I was not expecting an expansion pack so soon

However, BIS did leave some hits of the expansion in the Harvest Red campaign. :D Mentioned the "takistani conflict" and such.

So I will speculate that this expansion pack was very much a premeditated strategy, and not some cheap cash in on BIS's part, that they did not just pull this out of their asses last week ;)

I am in full support of more officially supported content, and not having to rely on user made content that not everybody else will not have. the more choices we have the better. People wanted a Desert map and campaign, BAM! We have one

Granted, I would have rather seen a professionally done Russian campaign, but hey, Ill take this

Also, US Army, HOOAH!

the modern US army does not get enough love in games :p

ArmA1? just marines in ARPATish BDUs. BF4, COD 4, ARMA2, OFPDR, BF43, and probably a few more I cant remember are all USMC games

I would urge people to wait until next week's press release before criticizing BIS... at leas then you'll have enough information to know whether it is worth criticizing them or not.

I think this is a thing already seen....:j:

We're freakin doomed!

I mean, yay, more content!

Seems nothing's ever simple. :p I know I bitched no end about Queen's Gambit but I see this as being more of a Resistance expansion.

I think this is a thing already seen....

After two screenshots? Are you serious??

Just like i said, it's naturally true that here everyone love the game, but i think we are just a little disappointed like if u buy a car and don't have the cigarette lighter.. kind of "well i can use it anyway", but not completely know what i mean?

Yeah, i've read till page 11, but i'm at work, no time to read 25 pages where almost all ppl say the same stuff just like me... :D

Btw, i've got a lot of CTD after 1.03 calling on RAM exhaust. Posted on the other thread.

That's why I posted this.

"This addon requires Operation Flashpoint: Resistance..."

We got over that as well...

Stop whining, I'm the only one who's allowed to. Still playing ArmA2 at 640x400@lowest possible Settings @ max. 19FPS. And still like it. And I know when I'm standing right in front of OA I won't be able to resist. F*CK. I'm an ArmA2 addicted.

sorry, but it should be your job to compile the infos and put them into a sticky about that expansion, i just read the whole post and it was very annoying!

Obviously you and everyone else has lots of questions but this isn't the right time to go into the specifics for the expansion (many details of which are still to be finalised as development on it progresses), I know that can be frustrating as you're just trying to get information but I can only ask you show a little patience for now please :)

This is similar to what Warhead was for Crysis, it was about an 8 hour game with new MP features and performance improvments, I enjoyed Warhead a lot and didnt mind paying the $30 on Steam....

In a way yes, but we will continue patching and supporting ArmA II, if I'm not mistaken Crysis patches were shelved indefinitely due to Warhead's release?

Obviously you and everyone else has lots of questions but this isn't the right time to go into the specifics for the expansion (many details of which are still to be finalised as development on it progresses), I know that can be frustrating as you're just trying to get information but I can only ask you show a little patience for now please :)

I suppose quite a few of them will be answered in a week, right? :)

For those complaining about how the expansion team should be working on fixing bugs; at some point the more people you have working on something the less you get done.

For those complaining about how the expansion team should be working on fixing bugs

They still are too.

If there were an expansion pack just for better voices, I'd buy that. :)

Lol -I was thinking about those same voice actors doing Takistani accents, inflections and all :D

In a way yes, but we will continue patching and supporting ArmA II, if I'm not mistaken Crysis patches were shelved indefinitely due to Warhead's release?

Nah they mostly keep to Wars now.

So will this act to add on to ArmA 2 when you pull up the editor where you could put marines on the takistan map and US army soldiers on Chernarus or are they going to be seperated which sounds horrible to me.

...... ...the content...if you have both...will be able to be used...from both in Operation Arrowhead..