Tonci87

ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead discussion thread

you wont have to pay anything to fix the game you already have. any fixes that are to be included in the expansion will be released as patches.

As has been stated multiple times.

Are people blind/stupid or just lazy?

All of the above. :)

Maybe they should fix the original game before releasing more broken crap that will fail...

Maybe they should fix the original game before releasing more broken crap that will fail...

..... holy.... crap...

you wont have to pay anything to fix the game you already have. any fixes that are to be included in the expansion will be released as patches.

As has been stated multiple times.

I don't think, that you can make a campaign like "cold war crisis".

In CWC we had the USA vs. Soviet Union.

-> Two huge armies.

In A2-OA we will have USA vs.?!? who?, Taliban/Terrorists?

-> One huge army and the "evil insurgents ", hiding in "spider holes".

Let's hope the best..

MfG Lee a2_arrowhead.gif

Campaign size=\=In-game conflict size

I was talking about the size as in how many hours it would take to finish it ^^

I wonder what kind of new weapons will be released if the main force is U.S. Army. There is a few left over weapons from Arma 2. I hope SCAR and HK417 will be there. SCAR is currently tested by U.S. SF and Rangers.

Yeah, I wonder why they made an XM8 instead of a SCAR for ArmA II... Probably a leftover from the days where the XM8 was still a contender, but that was a long long time ago though...

lol at pointless mopers. yeah did BIS somehow make you sign a contract you had to buy arrowhead when you bough Arma 2? No? Then don't buy it.

I think that this (expansion) is good news. It is another chance to release ArmA II with less bugs and still offering all that was good in first release, plus new campaign and map and stuff. This time without rush and just like it should have been.

Well this looks fantastic! Ever since my first tour of Chernaraus, I've been saying the game would really benefit from an expansion pack situated in the middle east. Desert warfare just seems more relevant and I always liked those Avgani, Afghanistan maps for Arma1.

Good luck BIS! This will certainly be great. I also find the current Arma2 fairly playable and am confident they will still support it with patches. Or have you all forgotten how supportive they have been with OFP and Arma1? Quite insulting really to speculate they would stop patching or whatever. They are giving us more.

Is it likely that upon release of Operation Arrowhead a pack containing both will be released?

Expansion will alow to integrate arma2 content in to it, so if you will have expansion and A2 you will not need to run arma2 exe.

Cool, one of the problems with stand alone expansions is that it usually disregards the content from previous games, but if you can roll all of ArmA II content into the expansion and take advantage of additional tweaks made to the game engine that are exclusive to the expansion as well then it sounds like a must have for all ArmA fans to get.

Crytek sort of made this mistake with the release of their stand alone expansion "Warhead", it didn't allow you to run the original single player game with any of the performance improvements that had been made in the expansion.

:eek::eek::eek:

I'm sorry to say, but this is really ridiculous...leaving us here with the most bugged game of the decade and instead of fixing the most those issues first, giving us their next cash-cow.

BIS NO WAY!!!

This will split the community once more and once again like it was with Arma1. To many people are to mad at you for the poor performance you deliver regarding Arma2 and now you want to make quick money again?

You guys all can discuss about it, you all can say much bla bla about it, but the ones remembering back the trouble down at the real Playerbase that Queens Gambit for Arma1 started, will puke once again.

Absolutley unbelievable! :rolleyes:

Jesus Christ, look how many people are NOT SATISFIED with your patches your deliver.... its overwhelming.....

:eek::eek::eek:

I'm sorry to say, but this is really ridiculous...leaving us here with the most bugged game of the decade and instead of fixing the most those issues first, giving us their next cash-cow.

BIS NO WAY!!!

This will split the community once more and once again like it was with Arma1. To many people are to mad at you for the poor performance you deliver regarding Arma2 and now you want to make quick money again?

You guys all can discuss about it, you all can say much bla bla about it, but the ones remembering back the trouble down at the real Playerbase that Queens Gambit for Arma1 started, will puke once again.

Absolutley unbelievable! :rolleyes:

Jesus Christ, look how many people are NOT SATISFIED with your patches your deliver.... its overwhelming.....

I know this thread is ginormous and all, so I'm not going to say "Read the damn thread before you comment" but what has been mentioned repeatedly, especially in the recent Community Update in both the News and General forums is that patching for ArmA2 will continued as usual, including the expectation of beta patches, and any fixes discovered in the expansion will be implemented/patched in ArmA2 as well. As mentioned in the Community Update, they are looking into the performance issues as well as engine based issues. Piss and moan all you want, but at least they're working on it.

Hmm, I for one am very happy with this news but I know quite a few people who certainly won't be happy and won't buy this. What about the people who just spent all their money on ArmA2? Was there any point doing this?

I'm glad the content will be able to be used from the original, this was one of my main concerns.

The thing I want to know now is if we are going to see any major improvements in the expansion (armour penetration system/aircraft countermeasures) or is it just something the art department knocked up? If it's just re-textured units and a new island then ...

BIS NO WAY!!!

OMFG not that community splitting crap again!

Back in the OFP days there was also an expansion - no one back then was bitching about splitting the community. Why now today?

And yes unbelievable, BIS a company with employees, costs and outgoings wants to earn money!!! What the heck they are thinking?

One could think you as a longtime member should understand that this is about doing business and not only pleasing some gamers, but obviously I was wrong.

And who in the world told you that BIS is not fixing the bugs in ArmA2 in the meantime?

Stop spreading this utter crap about splitting the community and bugs not being fixed.

Everyone who doesn't buy the Expansion can still play ArmA2. This has been the same in ArmA and it was even the same in OFP.

EDIT: Meh, post I quoted got deleted?

I will buy it immediately! It seems so interesting.

I love ArmA II and I don't find it that bugged as some people state it.

Mr-GC-Crap

Sir, please shut up.

EDIT: Meh, post I quoted got deleted?

All unrelated ranting, complaining or spamming will be removed to prevent interested people get even more confused by nonsense.

The fact that now an expansion has been announced, means not that there will be no further ArmA2 patches, it also has no affect on the (not confirmed) console version.

Thank you, BIS, for making an expansion. Granted, this game has bugs, but I guess I'm one of the quiet many who love this game for what it is and just love getting lost in it.

That picture of the middle eastern houses has sold me on it. I hope to see more pictures soon.

Also, it looks like that woman has different anims (am I right?). Will women be able to pick up guns this time around?

Abs

Takistan eh? I dont know... its a smart business idea, sort of how microsoft reacted to Vista's overall insatisfaction (W7)..

My mind is split, half of it still wants Arma II to become the great game i anticipated, the other half says Arma II is a sinking ship, broken behiond repair and not much more than Armed Assault 2.0.

Standalone or not Arrowhead is still labeled expantion so i doubt we will be getting a new game or even a new gameplay experience, i do like the idea of not having to reinstall Arma II to run this (A2 is shelved already, sorry :( ).

Waaaaaitt.. Backwards compatible, more fixes, more units, MORE MAPS, MOAR FEATURES!?!?!

I'm in. :D

( WoooHooo! )

Wow this is looking great!

I'd just like to say that I hope the developers of the expansion do not opt for the bullshit 'islamic terrorist' meme as the enemy.

That would be a sad day for the ArmA/OFP scene. It would be ok if there was a twist to the story where the player finds out that western intelligence services (CIA/Mossad) are actually the ones funding the extremism and paying mercs along with useful idiot radicals to attack US troops to serve as the pretext to keep allied troops in the theater and prolong the war of conquest, globalist

(that's right - globalist, NOT American) hegemony and acquisition of resources.

This would certainly mirror reality at least.