Tonci87

ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead discussion thread

14 spam/rant/crap posts deleted, keep it on topic, keep it civil, keep it constructive or we'll have to give out warnings/infraction.

Me too. Besides everything in resistance, I loved how you could make yourself a weapon stack by picking up weapons in missions and they were transfered into next mission. I really look forward to this expansion. And the expansion pack it self could fix some things too, like QG.

Lol, and I've never seen that feature used since Res. Should still be possible in ArmA 2... (hint to BIS :rolleyes:)

Lol, and I've never seen that feature used since Res. Should still be possible in ArmA 2... (hint to BIS :rolleyes:)

Funny. I was just thinking the same thing. There was a lot of dynamic campaigns without storylines for OFP where they appeared. I used itmyself in a small part of the Blue Skies campaign for OFP. It only takes some basic editing skills to do. Yet almost noone does it anymore. I haven't tested the pool commands and saveVariables in ArmA2, but I see no apparent reason as to why they wouldn't work. I assume they do. I would also like to see a premade campaign where weapon pools are used again.

I would also like to see a premade campaign where weapon pools are used again.

If only I had the time/attenton span to make a campaign... I've always wanted to try using those commands.

I have read thru this and have not seen this question. If you have Arrowhead and not Arma2 and you play a mission uses the Arrowhead map with some Arma2 objects, would that stop you from playing on that server since you do not have Arma2 objects on Arrowhead map.

I have read thru this and have not seen this question. If you have Arrowhead and not Arma2 and you play a mission uses the Arrowhead map with some Arma2 objects, would that stop you from playing on that server since you do not have Arma2 objects on Arrowhead map.

Err! Dunno mate but if I was too guess I would say that if the mission has ANY Arma2 assets in it then you wouldn't be able to play the mission without having Arma 2, hope that made sense.

Kind of like the QG scenario.

If only I had the time/attenton span to make a campaign... I've always wanted to try using those commands.

You don't have to make a long campaign to make good use of a weapon pool. I sometimes divide normal missions in two parts for storytelling reasons, and merge them into a campaign structure. Just take two missions already on the hdd and combine them. Trust me. It's worth it.

Sorry... I'm drifting slowly off topic here, but hopefully Placebo is on his way to Systembolaget as everybody else in Sweden right now. Then I won't be warned/banned until monday :)

I'm wondering what BIS'es stance is on the usual reskinning of stock content.

Considering that some of the Arrowhead buyers actually might not have ARMA 2 and the fact that alot of the content will be reskinned for desert use. Or will there be no models released?

:confused:

Models have always been reskinned and reused. To the best of my knowledge BIS has never objected to reskins even if it theoretically meant that things introduced in Resistance became available for vanilla OFP users as community modded addons. Don't know the situation with Quenns Gambit/Armed Assault though. Wasn't around much in those days.

Since its the U.S Army I wonder if they will use their ACU camo, I think it looks better then the Marines Marpat.

It may LOOK like an ah64, but it's going to handle just as badly as all the other helicopters.

Learn to fly better.

Learn to fly better.
Or even better, don't fly at all.

You guys are a whole bundle of fun.

Wow this is awesome. For some reason I totally wanna try out some multiplayer infantry coop gameplay in a middle-eastern environment.

Since its the U.S Army I wonder if they will use their ACU camo, I think it looks better then the Marines Marpat.

I'm pretty sure if they have it in real life they will have it in the game ;)

Great news ! 've allways been a fan of desert combat

I trust BIS to give us a solid game/expansion * stares at BIS * .

I was merely explaining why and how many people feel upset about a standalone expansion pack. I'm not saying that they should drop all of their money and just release free content or something, my point was this:

To have a successful business you need two things:

* A successful business

* Satisfied customers

If you fail to achieve either you will have neither - if you don't have money you won't be able to create a game, if you don't have satisfied customers you won't have money.

While I fully agree with your previous argumentation I have to disagree with the "satisfied customers". Currently it seems that it works out well to throw unfinished game software at the customer - even for major labels! There are still enough monkeys out who have too much money and buy every crap. (Gothic 3, Stalker 1 + S:CS, BF-series, Mercenary 2, etc.)

So the question is, do we suffer from monkeys or businessmen?

Theres no honor in conducting business! =)

Hi,

WOW! Human nature...

I've read all the posts in that thread and I'm amazed how people just jump on the last page of a thread and bark their disatisfaction about something they have no clue whatsoever.

Questions about something someone just answered the post right before...

Thumbs up to the moderators. In their place I probably would have shot some whiners already...

@nominesine

I remember your campaign (Blue Skies - the first one). It was a piece of art. Hope your still in the business of campaign making. Cant wait for your next one.

Cheers

Kind of took two hours to read through every post on the 45 previous pages, but I must say, I give my thanks to BIS for their hard work on ArmA II...a HUGE step up from OFP and its predecessor. I'll definitely be laying down $ to get my hands on ArmA II: OA. Keep it up, BIS! :yay:

Now you made me dream. I'll be so disappointed when BIS infirms this speculation. :( There may be one more NATO army along with the US Army in the Independent side.

I'm still thinking who will be the OPFOR... I doubt it will be the Talibans since they don't have armored vehicles, tanks or air support. They might go as an ally to a much powerfull OPFOR army.

I doubt that the Russians will be coming back again in the expansion.

Although, has anyone thought of the possiblity of maybe IRAN being featured in this game?? That would be interesting cause they have a weird mix of warpact, american, and locally made equipment! Tell me I'm right about this BIS! Everyone else that's making so-called modern warfare games seems to be avoiding the use of real countries being the OPFOR and using vague fictional countries instead. This is especially true when it comes to the middle east. BIS is the only studio with the balls it seems to use real countries as the OPFOR.

At the same time though, I wouldnt be surprised if this expansion decides to be different from ARMA 1-2 and focuses on unconventional counter-insurgency warfare. Can you imagine how it would be like in multiplayer though? One side having a complete and utter lack of air support! Only a huge number of men and rpgs to make up for it. Might actually be interesting though.

So if I understood well.. after releasing unfinished and unplayable ArmA2 product, there will be another boring expansion?

In ArmA2, I liked the most idea of realitic world of Chernarus - but we get only it's easternmost part, South Zagoria, and not realistically looking countryside.. But what with the rest of the Chernarus? I guess there are still two rivers, some mountains and some really large cities left :((

I doubt that the Russians will be coming back again in the expansion.

Although, has anyone thought of the possiblity of maybe IRAN being featured in this game?? That would be interesting cause they have a weird mix of warpact, american, and locally made equipment! Tell me I'm right about this BIS! Everyone else that's making so-called modern warfare games seems to be avoiding the use of real countries being the OPFOR and using vague fictional countries instead. This is especially true when it comes to the middle east. BIS is the only studio with the balls it seems to use real countries as the OPFOR.

At the same time though, I wouldnt be surprised if this expansion decides to be different from ARMA 1-2 and focuses on unconventional counter-insurgency warfare. Can you imagine how it would be like in multiplayer though? One side having a complete and utter lack of air support! Only a huge number of men and rpgs to make up for it. Might actually be interesting though.

The keyword in Arma 2 is balance. You will never see it made like this. For good or for bad, you decide :)