Tonci87

ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead discussion thread

So the ArmA 2 shortcuts will be obsolete and be replaced with ArmA 2:Operation Arrowhead shortcuts I see.

ArmA 2 only owners & Arrowhead only owners will be able to play together in MP or are they just diferente games?

Any infomation about price?

ArmA 2 only owners & Arrowhead only owners will be able to play together in MP or are they just diferente games?

Any infomation about price?

We're not sure yet. They are releasing more info next week.

I won't touch it until they do something with THIS GAME. No more for me. I want something done with this one now, that will warrant an additional purchase.

Luhgnut;1404659']I won't touch it until they do something with THIS GAME. No more for me. I want something done with this one now' date=' that will warrant an additional purchase.[/quote']

This IS what they are doing with THIS GAME... :j:

This IS what they are doing with THIS GAME... :j:

yeah we'll see. They haven't delivered on what they promised on this one, so I'm not all that excited.

Ohara said they will be using this as an oppertunity to complete/fix some of the features in ArmA 2 that they "did not have enough time to complete". Bugfixing will also continue as normal. And anything fixed while developing Arrowhead will be patched into the original game.

I am interested if this is a stand alone game, then how can those obtain it.. who own Arma 2 already? I guess they do not want to pay the whole price once again.

Rebel;1404668']I am interested if this is a stand alone game' date=' then how can those obtain it.. who own Arma 2 already?[/quote']

Same way as everyone else... by buying it. BIS hasn't said much about the price yet. Just wait until next week when we have more details.

Do you plan to update the game for 3D? I currently have a Nvidia 3D Vision system and I have to say that ArmA 2 looks AMAZING in 3D but, there are some things such as smoke and shadows that still don't render quite right and can break the experience. I could care less and am probably going to buy it regardless, but I figured I'd ask about it anyway.

Hopefully it will include some actual content making it worth buying, so it wont be a community divider like QG was.

Hello,

Ive just read the whole 26 pages. I welcome the expansion and its new content also the further refinement of Arma2. I don't mind sending a few more dollars to BIS/BIA even if things are 'slightly' buggy if it means more continuation of the genre. So put me down for 2 copies :)

The only concern that I have is the split of players, as happened with QG. Being the haves and have nots. But hell, who cant afford a few extra bucks for a swag of new content. I know all diehards will definitely be on board. And i guess as someone said the community is pretty split anyway ?

A question if i may ?

Will this new expansion be released as a 'gold' pack, with both arma2 and operation arrowhead like arma1+QG ? or is this only usually done 'later on'

regards./

Would really love to see how do they will implement the use of the radar dome.

Because of it's ability to lock targets after fire, to lock multiple targets at the same time and fire at them at the same time and because of these weapons:

AGM-114L Longbow Hellfire

Weight: 49 kg

Length: 1.78m

Diameter: 0.178m

Wingspan: 0.33m

Range: 9 km

Guidance: Active radar

Launch Platforms: AH-64D (16), RAH-66A (14)

This is a version of the AGM-114K hellfire designed to operate with the longbow fire control system on the AH-64D and some RAH-66s. Unlike the other Hellfires, it has active millimeter wave (MMW) radar guidance, allowing for a fire-and-forget capability.

AGM-114K Hellfire II

Weight: 45.4 kg

Length: 1.63m

Guidance: laser

Launch Platforms: AH-64 (16), UH-60 (16), AH-1W ( 8 ), RAH-66 (14)

An upgraded version of the original hellfire missile that features tandem warheads for defeating ERA as well as improved seekers and electronics.

To all those complaining that this will "split" development:

In almost all cases, game development companies are split into teams: art, design, modelling, coding, bug finding, bug fixing, etc. Of course some of these overlap.

Just because there is an expansion, it doesn't mean the entire BIS team is split up. Development on games also have phases, INCLUDING a bug testing/fixing phase as a priority.

Do you really think all the artists/modelers/designers are still working on ArmA 2? ArmA 2 is still obviously going through a lot of concentrated bug testing/fixing, and I'm sure the expansion is not yet to concentrated testing yet.

Has development on Left 4 Dead 2 caused Left 4 Dead to stagnate? Hell no...it's almost the same situation here.

In short: chill out.

Excellent.

It's going to look wonderful juddering along at 11 Frames per second

as soon as a building appears.

Thats always of course assuming the AI pilot has'nt crashed it on take off.

I obviously didnt put enough sarccasm tags into the post!

Was referring to the point Jakerod was making about ppl not reading! :rolleyes:

A question if i may ?

Will this new expansion be released as a 'gold' pack, with both arma2 and operation arrowhead like arma1+QG ? or is this only usually done 'later on'

I'd guess that's up to the publisher(s).

Rather unexpected, but a pleasant surprise all the same. I really hope that it's more Resistance than Queen's Gambit though.

Would really love to see how do they will implement the use of the radar dome.

Because of it's ability to lock targets after fire, to lock multiple targets at the same time and fire at them at the same time and because of these weapons:

AGM-114L Longbow Hellfire

Weight: 49 kg

Length: 1.78m

Guidance: Active radar

Launch Platforms: AH-64D (16), RAH-66A (14)

This is a version of the AGM-114K hellfire designed to operate with the longbow fire control system on the AH-64D and some RAH-66s. Unlike the other Hellfires, it has active millimeter wave (MMW) radar guidance, allowing for a fire-and-forget capability.

AGM-114K Hellfire II

Weight: 45.4 kg

Length: 1.63m

Guidance: laser

Launch Platforms: AH-64 (16), UH-60 (16), AH-1W ( 8 ), RAH-66 (14)

An upgraded version of the original hellfire missile that features tandem warheads for defeating ERA as well as improved seekers and electronics.

their isent even a laser/rangefinder or tracking system thats looks even close or try to be close to what exist in helos in arma2 and you talk about radar dome and helfiers?

I can tell you how it works know.

Tab, left mouse button.By pilot or gunner(who needs a gunner?)

have a nice day.

Just waiting for more info, it will enlite everyone or ignite some one.

Any chance they can incude some other Western Forces for players to select from... frankly I am getting sick to death of playing the US Marines.....

Or will we have to wait until guys like the ACE team give us that option...

Any chance they can incude some other Western Forces for players to select from...

Ohara sort of implied something about this in next week's press release... so stay tuned.

So will this expansion have everything arma2 has plus the new stuff? or does stand alone mean that it will only have the new island and units?

So will this expansion have everything arma2 has plus the new stuff? or does stand alone mean that it will only have the new island and units?

I dunno. Read the posts in this thread and then you tell me. :j:

I hope we also get Danish, German and UK forces. Together with US forces that would be awesome.

I dunno. Read the posts in this thread and then you tell me. :j:

Really can't be bothered to read through 28 pages to be honest :rolleyes: