Tonci87

ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead discussion thread

technically, yes

Hah, so Operation Arrowhead is now Game2 :yay:

yes. whats the confusion?

Well, i dont know. I just dont own any other expansion that works this way. Pretty neat though. :p

Thanks for that ohara. At least I know I won't have to exit the game every time I want to play on chenarus or... that other asian place.

Edited by Placebo

But you are also able to run it without ArmA2? :confused:

There are several approaches BIS can take here. Hopefully they choose the right one.

hope someone takes a video camera to gamescon. I'd pay to see the footage of what happens to him.

Wait, am I allowed to say that?....

on topic: Wasnt it the case with OFP that the game got a huge improvement, in terms of engine, as well as a new campaign, with the resistance addon? So basically this is the same thing happening again?

Not really worried here as Queens Gambit was developed but patches and fixes were still concurrently released for Arma. I never bought QG and I didn't feel left out in any way cept for maybe a few missions I wanted to try but no biggie. Personally, I'm only interested if new features are released not just story and units but i'm glad to hear BI is still working on improving things.

i not to sure about a expansion this early ,but like always i buy it as i like the arma 2 game, just worry that if i would have save my money. i could just buy the new game with most of the bugs sorted out.

but i am looking forward to the add on.

i must be crazy

Well, for what it is worth, I'd like to support BIS, either by donation or buying their expansion. There are not many games, which allow for a full military sandbox experience.

And yes, of course they would like to make a $, who doesn't.

Personally, I hope it brings alot of new features, like Real Flir, Render to texture and slave TrackIR gun support....etc

I have not seen many developers interact with their community, except for a few in the flight sim world. The level of some posters here is just Childish...

Be happy, they are working on the game, updating and adding new content. I'm one happy bunny !!!

hope someone takes a video camera to gamescon. I'd pay to see the footage of what happens to him.

Wait, am I allowed to say that?....

This is probably what would happen. And the Curser would be the "guy" with long hair. :D

Sounds to me like it's what Arma2 should have been... I must admit I feel a bit ripped off having bought the game that is still full of bugs and then the expect everyone to pay out to fix it! Arma2 might as well have been a beta for the new expansion pack... :mad:

OFP: Resistance I can understand, at least most of the issues were fixed before it came out. But to charge customers to get a version of Arma2 without bugs is totally unfair.

Rant over, looking forward to release of new tools so I can get making some islands again.

Works on expansion CG started at january this year at Brno (ALTAR team) and after A2 release, rest of art people in Mnisek connected to that work. Programmers and designers now fixing A2 and branched project, when fixes are released as patches. As expect that design bugs in A2 are near to be solved (most of bugs is now in engine not in design), designers moved/will move to Arowhead. Programers as they work on expansion automaticaly fixing A2 engine, so dont worry.

on topic: Wasnt it the case with OFP that the game got a huge improvement, in terms of engine, as well as a new campaign, with the resistance addon? So basically this is the same thing happening again?

I don't think this will be on the same scale as Resistance, but hopefully it comes close. Resistance also wasn't standalone.

Edited by Big Dawg KS

It's true that at first (befor epatch 1.03) there was a bit of silence and people were getting frustrated because of the bugs in 1.02 and not knowing when they would be fixed.

But since 1.03 the dev feedback has been great, this thread is an example of this!

There is also the community update thread which is very refreshing. One of those every month and I'm sure most would be satisfied.

But to charge customers to get a version of Arma2 without bugs is totally unfair.

You will get the fixes for free ! Just not the extra content and features...

Works on expansion CG started at january this year at Brno (ALTAR team) and after A2 release, rest of art people in Mnisek connected to that work. Programmers and designers now fixing A2 and branched project, when fixes are released as patches. As expect that design bugs in A2 are near to be solved (most of bugs is now in engine not in design), designers moved/will move to Arowhead. Programers as they work on expansion automaticaly fixing A2 engine, so dont worry.

Any clue to ETA? As that is what most people will be interested in. Can you provide some videos (maybe after gamecon) highlighting the new features? Bit longer than usual, in the 5-10 min range to get a clear idea.

Sounds to me like it's what Arma2 should have been... I must admit I feel a bit ripped off having bought the game that is still full of bugs and then the expect everyone to pay out to fix it! Arma2 might as well have been a beta for the new expansion pack... :mad:

Yes, it's what I think :( Finally we will buy the game twice...

I'm definitely gonna buy this :cool: ! Arma2 is immense and I think some people (@whiners) just don't see the beauty of this amazing game, campaign is one thing but in arma it's just one feature of the many this game has to offer.

I don't post much in the forums but I occasionally read some topics and I just want to let the developers know I support them 100% !

Looking forward for this expansion ;)

hope someone takes a video camera to gamescon..

I would love to see the BIS representatives next to the Codemasters booth, I can just imagine CM giving the evil eye while BIS has a smirk on their face (that is if the game has "From the original developers of Operation Flashpoint" on the box).

US Army?

Awesome. The screenshots look a bit like Afghanistan

Oh hell NO! :681: Finally... after all these years BIS makes a Marine Corps theme other than VBS1 and now is going to switch back to the Army. I am NOT impressed.

Oh hell NO! :681: Finally... after all these years BIS makes a Marine Corps theme other than VBS1 and now is going to switch back to the Army. I am NOT impressed.

Why not? Now we will have both...?

My one problem with this new expansion is lets say Im playing ACE mod(when it comes out) and all of sudden they decide to jump over to this new standalone thing. Where does that leave me a person who just wants to play the ACE mod? I mean am I going to have to buy this cause they are now using the features that are in the so called expansion? That is what kind of pisses me off about this. Not price, not the new campaigns and stuff and features because Im not getting it anyway. I would be pissed if I had to get it because I wanted to continue to play the ACE mod.

If that happens I will become upset with the situation. I would like to know what the Mod situation is going to be like cause Im sure that 80% of the people on these forums use mods. Thanks.

Yes, it's what I think :( Finally we will buy the game twice...

Unfortunatelly thats true. If I knew there will be a standalone expansion I would have waited for it. I wish somehow ARMA2 owners will get a discount. Or perhaps get some free addon packs for ARMA2 only, as compensation. :))

will it be available in dvd box and online for purchase? I bought the digital version of arma2 as i currently live in N America.

My one problem with this new expansion is lets say Im playing ACE mod(when it comes out) and all of sudden they decide to jump over to this new standalone thing. Where does that leave me a person who just wants to play the ACE mod? I mean am I going to have to buy this cause they are now using the features that are in the so called expansion? That is what kind of pisses me off about this. Not price, not the new campaigns and stuff and features because Im not getting anyway. I would be pissed if I had to get it because I wanted to continue to play the ACE mod.

If that happens I will become upset with the situation. I would like to know what the Mod situation is going to be like cause Im sure that 80% of the people on these forums use mods. Thanks.

That's for the ACE team to worry about...