mondkalb

Arma 3 Creator DLC: Global Mobilization - Cold War Germany

7 hours ago, dead kennedy said:

Hello, guys. Is there a chance to find here a German voice actor? For the SP-mission. Mabe even with "sächsisch or thüringisch"? :-))) 

Thank you. 

Send me a PM and I see what I can do. No accent here. "Ich spreche nur Hochdeutsch." BTW I'm looking as well for German voice actors I can only do so much of voice acting as 1 person. I'm bad at impressions or speaking with an accent but as long as it comes to normal German I can be of help with some of the voice acting.

Cheers

• Like 2

Ouh, and where is the first sequence (in the tank barracks of the 2nd tank battalion) of the Intro mission made, on the map of Global Mobilization: Mod or on a WIP map ?

Have one Question Mark regarding the DLC...

At first i enjoyed DLC well done...have now allready done the 10 SP Missions.......(AI is still struggle sometimes, but this oveall Arma Problem Bridges of Hell :)

But the Leo gameplay was still a strugle for me without external View and only playing as Commander.

Some of the RHS Tanks, you can point your Gunner to view a Direction with the "ALT-Tab" Key, in the Leo when you dissmiss a Target with the none stabilised commander view, the gunner will stubborn every time yank the Turret around.

After sometime you going nuts with zooming out and try to look Targets behind one Tree Branch.

Is it possible to give the Leo also the Feature to point the Gunner with the Alt Combo to overview ah Direction? Would be improve overall the gameplay with the mobile Leo.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mad_mm said:

But the Leo gameplay was still a strugle for me without external View and only playing as Commander.

Some of the RHS Tanks, you can point your Gunner to view a Direction with the "ALT-Tab" Key, in the Leo when you dissmiss a Target with the none stabilised commander view, the gunner will stubborn every time yank the Turret around.

After sometime you going nuts with zooming out and try to look Targets behind one Tree Branch.

Is it possible to give the Leo also the Feature to point the Gunner with the Alt Combo to overview ah Direction? Would be improve overall the gameplay with the mobile Leo.

Agreed completely.  I absolutely LOVE this DLC, the amount of work and labor that went into it is amazing, and its readily apparent that the authors have been hands-on with much of the West German equipment.  
The animations, models and sounds are spectacular, far better than vanilla Arma, and much better than any mod I've ever seen.  The campaign has been really fun, and very captivating story and atmosphere.

I echo mad_mm's suggestions about the Leo tank gameplay.  The way the tanks work needs some tweaking.  I'm not being critical, rather offering suggestions to improve gameplay and further polish this wonderful DLC, so please don't take this the wrong way:

Compared to vanilla and RHS tanks, the GM Leo is difficult to command.  The way the gunner re-centers the turret not only after each target but also after each shot during reload is annoying.  I have to go find my target again.  I think the commander's viewfinder should probably be independently stabilized and not track with the turret, if only for game play.  Realism here is defeating fun.  Gunner should keep the turret in the general direction of the last target, and not slew it all the way back to center after every shot.
Also, range-finding is difficult.  Perhaps in the mission briefing, along with target identification and weak spots, there should be some instruction on properly using the Leo reticles for rangefinding?

Also, I can switch from commander seat to gunner and driver, but not loader.  I also can't command my loader to turn out in order to use the MG3.  Is this intentional?  There were many points during the campaign where it was useful for me to use the MG3 in towns, and I wound up getting out, ordering my loader out, and swapping places outside the tank in order to do so.  Surely this is a bug, and not intended?

I also suggest that the iron sights (specifically the G3 and Uzi SMG) need to be tweaked.  As a shooter and user of many real-life HK weapons including MP5 and G3, the iron sights on these weapons are extremely easy to use and offer a clear unobstructed sight picture.  Part of the reason is that because we have binocular vision in real life, the sights do not obscure the target as in a video game.  Also, because our eye is close to the rear sight, the sight window appears more open and doesn't obscure the target.  The sights on these weapons are very well done, and look exactly like what you would see if you took a picture from the perspective of the shooter.  However, because of the way our eyes work in real life, the diopter sights don't work as well in video games if they're perfectly modeled, as GM has done.  
I suggest that the rear sights on the Uzi and G3 be opened up or otherwise adjusted slightly to make them more user friendly, and harder to 'lose' your target when looking through them.  In real life with both eyes open, this doesn't happen despite the small rear peep sight.  The uzi is especially difficult in this respect.  Perhaps the player's head simply needs to be closer to the rear sight in order to see more through it?

• Like 2

21 hours ago, mondkalb said:

Heya, I used https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setDriveOnPath during the campaign to get all sorts of vehicles across the border in exactly the way I want them.

Hey, tried to use setdriveonpath but didn't make it work. At first I got some errors at the map loading but sorted that out so it accepted what I did.

T55a1 setDriveOnPath [getMarkerPos "wpa1", getMarkerPos "wpa2"];

Gave the waypoints the coresponding name, and same With the T55.

Does not moove. First I used a trigger to make it moove, but nothing happened With or without it. 

Should the setdriveonpath command be in the Composition init section or in the Object ini section?

Tried to Google some examples but they where hard to come by.

You probably have to switch the commander / driver seats. Best solution is to just have the driver be in his own group, this way the vehicle commander can't intervene in the setDriveOnPath orders.

17 hours ago, BigJoe_NO said:

Hey, tried to use setdriveonpath but didn't make it work. At first I got some errors at the map loading but sorted that out so it accepted what I did.

T55a1 setDriveOnPath [getMarkerPos "wpa1", getMarkerPos "wpa2"];

Gave the waypoints the coresponding name, and same With the T55.

Does not moove. First I used a trigger to make it moove, but nothing happened With or without it. 

Should the setdriveonpath command be in the Composition init section or in the Object ini section?

Tried to Google some examples but they where hard to come by.

You are using getMarkerPos on waypoints : that can't work.

Use waypointPosition instead : https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/waypointPosition

Just finished the first mission and played some of the second, the sounds and atmosphere is awesome!

Ive noticed a small bug with the Russian compass I picked up during the mission, it can't be moved on the map screen for some reason. 

Yes The compass is bugged  buts it's a german compass 😉

Im still very impressed with the custom animations, especially the two stage reoad of the LePzst 44 and general detail of uniforms (ranks, branch colours) and gear in general, albeit the straps and pouches of Bundeswehr load carrier gear is too bright in the DLC. The color of the soft plastic ammo pouches and folding shovel bag was not bright green but plain olive like a new set of fatigues. same for the belt satchels, since you would not wash them, they tended to be darker then the fatigues. Also a combat appearal is not complate without the multiuse  "Dreickstuch" neckerchief around the neck, and unlined dark grey leather gloves. Both were mandatory personal equipment. Face camoflage, mainly black from soot was also the norm in the 80', until forbidden in 1998.

There is working trip meter in sone vehicles.

Still. the functionalities of soem vehicles, mainly the MBT needs soem work.

The commander periscope is annoying. Since the A2 version there was not only a machanically stabilized gum, but also a stablized Peri for the commander.

Night vision for gunners and mounted "MILAN" launchers still needs a solution. Daysight only in a war condition is a no go, the supplies of night vision gear was there in the 80's, you onyl did not get enough of it in basic training. The expensive stuff was stored for special training and"out of area deployment, not to be worn out in training. (first in 1993, when parts of my unit went to Somalia and we began training for the next contigent, that never happened, that was when suddently the doors of the storage opened and all the equipment we only heard from in "myths" came to appearance)  The DLC feels more like both factions are stuck with peacetime equipment.

The Weferlinge map feels a bit to clean in a lot of parts, even for germany. Especially the ground textures in towns that has no clutter looks too sterile. Some buildings like the Local town Pubs (with different names, nice touch) and churches should have at least some interior.

The sound: Most sounds are from ArmA III and some simply dotn fit the vehicle type very well. The M113 is very prominent since it sounds like a KAMAZ truck, not like the tracked vehicle with a rough sounding two stroke detroit diesel engine and squeaking steel tracks.

Somevehicles like the "Fuchs" TPZ would be o.k. with a higher pitch, and the VW Iltis 0,5t gl sounded realy that asthmatic if it was the oldest vrsion with the caburator petrol engine.

The MTW and Fuchs command vehicles where both my "office" back then. The SEM25 inside was a familiar sight. all it needs is a glowing red "bereiebsbereit" lightbulb to indicated that the

electron tube are warm. And it needs a KP-7 encryption unit.

• Like 5

Will Supporter Editions be getting this DLC too?

11 minutes ago, Moroe said:

Will Supporter Editions be getting this DLC too?

No, it's an optional DLC, not integral part of ArmA III. It works just like a mod, including all the imcompatibilities and missing file messages that will occur for those without. If you use the GM content through the arsenal in MP nothing will shown to the players  without. That produced quite a lot of funny situation in warlords, runnig around in NVA gear on the Blufor side... or in underwear and invisible weapons, respectivly.

it is a bit of a pitty though, the the GM content servers are meinly...empty. A supposed 40 Player mission does not really kick off with just 2-5 players.

It is alos a bit strange that you can see the position of the enemy spawn vehicle moving over the map. No matter how well they try to hide it.

Hay @mondkalb do you have any plans to share the terrain data with public or the Flora of Weferlingen and his terrain textures ?

And a little suggestion for the GM_Samples, please give one real ingame paint/color mask for each sample mask, i love it that you also think of the modder community and this new function with the dirt layer is amazing, great work ! 🙂

11 hours ago, Beagle said:

Yes The compass is bugged  buts it's a german compass 😉

Im still very impressed with the custom animations, especially the two stage reoad of the LePzst 44 and general detail of uniforms (ranks, branch colours) and gear in general, albeit the straps and pouches of Bundeswehr load carrier gear is too bright in the DLC. The color of the soft plastic ammo pouches and folding shovel bag was not bright green but plain olive like a new set of fatigues. same for the belt satchels, since you would not wash them, they tended to be darker then the fatigues. Also a combat appearal is not complate without the multiuse  "Dreickstuch" neckerchief around the neck, and unlined dark grey leather gloves. Both were mandatory personal equipment. Face camoflage, mainly black from soot was also the norm in the 80', until forbidden in 1998.

There is working trip meter in sone vehicles.

Still. the functionalities of soem vehicles, mainly the MBT needs soem work.

The commander periscope is annoying. Since the A2 version there was not only a machanically stabilized gum, but also a stablized Peri for the commander.

Night vision for gunners and mounted "MILAN" launchers still needs a solution. Daysight only in a war condition is a no go, the supplies of night vision gear was there in the 80's, you onyl did not get enough of it in basic training. The expensive stuff was stored for special training and"out of area deployment, not to be worn out in training. (first in 1993, when parts of my unit went to Somalia and we began training for the next contigent, that never happened, that was when suddently the doors of the storage opened and all the equipment we only heard from in "myths" came to appearance)  The DLC feels more like both factions are stuck with peacetime equipment.

The Weferlinge map feels a bit to clean in a lot of parts, even for germany. Especially the ground textures in towns that has no clutter looks too sterile. Some buildings like the Local town Pubs (with different names, nice touch) and churches should have at least some interior.

The sound: Most sounds are from ArmA III and some simply dotn fit the vehicle type very well. The M113 is very prominent since it sounds like a KAMAZ truck, not like the tracked vehicle with a rough sounding two stroke detroit diesel engine and squeaking steel tracks.

Somevehicles like the "Fuchs" TPZ would be o.k. with a higher pitch, and the VW Iltis 0,5t gl sounded realy that asthmatic if it was the oldest vrsion with the caburator petrol engine.

The MTW and Fuchs command vehicles where both my "office" back then. The SEM25 inside was a familiar sight. all it needs is a glowing red "bereiebsbereit" lightbulb to indicated that the

electron tube are warm. And it needs a KP-7 encryption unit.

Just to clarify I mean the F73 compass

On 5/4/2019 at 7:48 PM, senoj said:

The way the gunner re-centers the turret not only after each target but also after each shot during reload is annoying.  I have to go find my target again.  

Just remap Next Target Command R to other key (I used Y) as it shares R key with Reload action so as soon you command reload R you also tell gunner to unlock target.

Why default key map is like that is beyond my imagination.

35 minutes ago, ataribaby said:

Just remap Next Target Command R to other key (I used Y) as it shares R key with Reload action so as soon you command reload R you also tell gunner to unlock target.

Why default key map is like that is beyond my imagination.

it works well in default ArmA III because vehicles don't use manual reload.

You are right. I forgot about that. I don't think it is wise anyway.

You can also reload via the standard action key (m mouse for me). This will not change the assigned target 😮

bug report: Weapons have no weight

I wish I could play it... purchased it... downloaded it... shows on Steam Arma 3 page as being installed... Nothing in game... no map, no campaign..nothing. I have contacted Steam... no response yet.. of course. Anyone else have this issue or have a workaround? (re-downloading a LAST resort lol... I have very SLOW internet, which btw showed no errors during download and the file verification was successful). Any help is appreciated.

I'm not new to Arma 3 as I have 2,177 hours invested and my system can easily handle it lol.

I'm dying to play this DLC lol...

1 hour ago, viperBAT44 said:

I wish I could play it... purchased it... downloaded it... shows on Steam Arma 3 page as being installed... Nothing in game... no map, no campaign..nothing. I have contacted Steam... no response yet.. of course. Anyone else have this issue or have a workaround? (re-downloading a LAST resort lol... I have very SLOW internet, which btw showed no errors during download and the file verification was successful). Any help is appreciated.

I'm not new to Arma 3 as I have 2,177 hours invested and my system can easily handle it lol.

I'm dying to play this DLC lol...

Have you activated the DLC from the DLC tab of the Arma3 launcher?

• Like 1

I just posted a review. If you haven't done so I suggest you do, regardless of what you think.

That said, a lot of the complaints seem to revolve not around the DLC, but the issues Arma has as a whole. Which is odd.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, DetCord said:

I just posted a review. If you haven't done so I suggest you do, regardless of what you think.

That said, a lot of the complaints seem to revolve not around the DLC, but the issues Arma has as a whole. Which is odd.

Yes, many bang on about reviewers perceived problems with the cDLC concept which has nothing to do with its content. Those that say they should have got it via the Supporters edition do, in my opinion, have a solid point. The only reason I didn't buy the supporter edition is I couldn't afford it at the time. Otherwise, I'd have been proud to do so. It conveyed some special, thoughtful and loyal bonus on the buyer. And I'd now be furious that some verbal callisthenics have been used to somehow exclude this from that package.  "ALL FUTURE ARMA 3 DLCs [?]" Is what the page said and the tooltip on the question mark at the end says "If any, does not apply to standalone expansions or sequels". LINK This is going to seriously damage the sales of any future Supporter Editions as well as damage trust in what BI says about the content of their packages. This makes them look shady at best and untrustworthy at worst.

So there are issues that aren't really directly to do with the DLC itself. Fair enough. On the other hand, players based in Northern Germany seem to love it unconditionally. 🙂

Personally, I think it lacks polish, aircraft and QA. The terrain is lovely, if a little flat and plain in places - yes, I know it's quite accurate - and the amount of new, high-quality assets on the terrain is truly impressive.  It is buggy though. Likewise, the Fuchs is a thing of beauty inside and out, possibly the loveliest thing I've seen in the game. The M113 is nearly as good too.
But the Urals are a bit rough, the rev counter annoys me intensely and the sound is disappointing. Also, I've driven Beetles and Trabants and they are both poor in the way they drive, sound and look. It's nice to have a more detailed reload anim, but they are patchy at best. Some of the new MP stuff I played made the gunner of the KAT 451 unkillable - inexcusable. Many of the anims look broken and untested. Interiors for tanks is the standard now and are missing here.

All in all, I had to marginally give this a thumbs down which makes me sad. I hope a patch will tidy this up and I hope future cDLCs take note. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 5/8/2019 at 10:00 PM, tpw said:

Have you activated the DLC from the DLC tab of the Arma3 launcher?

Yes... I got it figured out. Thanks!

• Like 1

On 4/29/2019 at 3:12 PM, ataribaby said:

I am stuck at first campaign Mission.

Hide contents

Arrived at Gross Sisbeck and my platoon killed enemy and AI just stand near objective and nothing happens - no enemy around. No other tasks beside still open Take Gross Sisbeck.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1727295471

There is an enemy soldier still in the trigger area. Found this out myself... when I found him and killed him, the mission continued.

Thanks viperBAT44, campaing already finished 😉