mondkalb

Arma 3 Creator DLC: Global Mobilization - Cold War Germany

congrats are in order indeed! 

• Like 3

Congratz!

On a sidenote: the "KPz 1A1" should be named:  "KPz Leopard 1A1A1" or "KPz Leopard A1A1" (this depends on when this DLC is set, in 1979 leopard 2 came out so they renamed all previous Leopard variants to Leopard 1).

Leopard 1A1 designation was for Leopard 1s upgraded with the Cadillac Gage stabiliser, then the 1A1A1 added the Blohm & Voss add-on armour for the turret.

Just a small thing, but it does seem like you guys are going for accuracy with this one 🙂

I'll be following this DLC closely!

• Like 1

You are absolutly correct scavenjer, this is indeed an error on our side, it is a 1A1A1

• Like 2

This is the stuff dreams were made from.

If this is what we can expect with this initiative, I'm excited to see what the future brings- congrats guys, and thank you!

Congrats on the announcement!
Will global mobilization continue to be improved upon and receive content updates after it's release as a creator DLC or will you move onto new projects?

Nice move 😎

Thanks !

12 minutes ago, Hamakaze said:

Congrats on the announcement!
Will global mobilization continue to be improved upon and receive content updates after it's release as a creator DLC or will you move onto new projects?

yes we are planning to expand GM, if that is going to be done through patching "Cold War Germany", additional DLCs, Free addons or a combination of the three is still no known at this point. But rest assured we are not done with GM just yet.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

Really great news! The quality of the contents looks great too, but just a question: in one of the screen the East German Mot.Shützen are seen armed with the MPi-74N (the East German version of the AK-74), but as far as I know this was never really introduced to the line troops untill the early 90s. Wouldn't have been better to show them with their MPi-KM (which you are also going to include)? Or it will be that both loadout will be available in the editors without needing to re-arm each soldier?

Also: will the RPK and the RPK-74 follow the same double loadout as the assault rifles and also come with both the 75-round drum magazines and the 45-rounds elongated magazines?

Thanks for your answers;

Alex

This seems to be really awesome! I really see forward to play with the new stuff. It looks great!

I am however a bit warried about it fitting to the existing ArmA stuff. There are a lot of mods that I would consider having better quality weapon models or more realistic sounds than vanilla ArmA. But they don't really fit in. So combining the two doesnt really work well unless using for example soundmods. I therefore really hope this is the style of vanilla ArmA to ensure smooth cross-compatibility without using Mods.

Does this use ArmA features like Jets-DLC radars, Magazine proxies, HEAT warheads and vehicle interiors?

congratulations, I would like to pre-purchase the DLC but I will wait calmly on April 29: 🤗

2 questions: Will you make a Trailer ??? 😝

Will there be the possibility that it will be translated (the subtitles) into Italian?

Thx

@alexmarine Ultimately the loadout of default Motschützen was a design decision. Indeed the KM-72 is available as well so should you want to create different loadouts, Arma 3 makes doing that super easy.

RPK (7.62mm) exists with 75rnd drum magazine, and RPK-74 exists with 45rnd magazine. The respective 30rnd magazines fit of course as well.

@the_one_and_only_Venator
We're balanced around Vanilla Arma 3 in functionality. The artwork I would say is ahead compared to Arma 3 content. Please do note that there are almost 6 years between GM and the original release, and we didn't want to go for Arma 3's art style when we could instead provide a full conversion for Arma 3 with our own style and requirements.

• Like 3

Awesome !!! Looking forward to this!

Nice to see you back in some form or other on the forums Mondkalb

Congratulation, I will definitely buy it. 

That's a nice surprise, can not wait to test the map and the units.

Bravo on your long and difficult journey.

So far the objectives look very impressive.

I look forward to defending the Wessies.

Thank you for releasing this 24 hours before the deadline for my 15,000 word dissertation.

I have already begun clearing space on my SSD...

Without a doubt a purchase I will make on release day. Glad to see community DLC being introduced now. Thanks Devs, from BI and the GM

Great news! Definitely going to buy when get released.

Is there any technical reason to not release a free version of the DLC? Having the same limitations like in the official DLCs?

A must have 🙂 

This will give cold war modding projects a nice boost too  ! For me personally a trip back in time ....

I posted these thoughts in the Creator DLC Discussion thread but I think the points are still valid here...

Seems strange that while the DLC's will be available here on Bohemia Interactive's very own Store, the Creator DLC team are reminding everyone to wishlist it over on Steam, even the Global Mobilization Team link the Steam Store page as the first reference point. :headscratch: 

Remember, Valve will get a portion of each Creator DLC sale on Steam, whereas buying it here the revenue will be split 50/50 between BI and Creator DLC Developers...this is my understanding.    

If I were to buy the DLC on Steam will BI absorb the portion given to Valve, in other words will Creator Developers still get 50% of the Steam sale as they would if the DLC was purchased here.

Hum...

Although the assets look nice and neat, I'm not really interested in it.

I'm just curious about the campaign.

And also I wonder: do the coop missions have a scenario like Apex Protocol or is it just single coop missions?

Still, I gotta say it's a nice work you've done.

Some Questions:

•does it includes unedited Arma 2 vehicles/helis/planes?

•are you working on other projects for the creator DLC, wich includes american, british, france, soviet forces?

•will it includes helis & planes (map size is over 400 km)?

By the way, really nice looking mod!

6 hours ago, maxl30 said:

Some Questions:

•does it includes unedited Arma 2 vehicles/helis/planes?

•are you working on other projects for the creator DLC, wich includes american, british, france, soviet forces?

•will it includes helis & planes (map size is over 400 km)?

By the way, really nice looking mod!

All the assets are brand new models, there is nothing recycled.

Helicopters are planned but they do not know how theyll provide them yet. If its gonna be an update, another DLC, normal mod...they dont know yet but they have a lot more assets planned.

• Like 3

@Wiki The coop missions are not integrated into any campaign or overarching story besides the thematic setting. They are separate single coop scenarios.

@maxl30 

1. The assets are all new models we have created, so no recycling of Arma 2 Vehicles. :)
2. For now we want to further expand on the current factions. 
3. Part of our plans to expand.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1