mondkalb

Arma 3 Creator DLC: Global Mobilization - Cold War Germany

Heya

1. We're looking forward to providing all the modding resources needed, including sample addons and configs as well as all the texture masks and templates needed.
2. Custom missions, of course! Also custom terrains. For that we provide stand-in objects to allow packing of your custom terrain that makes use of GM assets. (Similar to how the APEX assets were handled at release). No plans to have them integrated into other DLCs. No new UI, Huds or any locking. Full regular Arma 3 experience as you know it. 
3. Object shadows? Not sure what you mean exactly with that. The satmap is 100% synthetic and no shadows have been baked in. Perhaps you mean the footprints of buildings. They are of course correctly transferred onto the satmap. AO maps, of course.

• Like 6

On 4/21/2019 at 2:23 AM, mondkalb said:

@DetCord The SPAAG vehicles serve as perfect mission objectives of course. We'd very much like to include helicopters into future updates. The exact form, content and release date of these updates is however currently unclear. Any future update to the DLC will need to be propery QA'd by Bohemia as well, so other scheduling concerns need to be considered. I can tell you however already that CH-53G and Bo-105 aircraft already exist to a very advanced state. At one point we simply needed to make a cut to get GM out at some point.

Thanks for insight.

One more question though given that I just noticed where exactly the map is located. Have you guys modeled the infamous Helmstedt (Marienborn) Checkpoint?!😛

2 hours ago, mondkalb said:

Heya

1. We're looking forward to providing all the modding resources needed, including sample addons and configs as well as all the texture masks and templates needed.
2. Custom missions, of course! Also custom terrains. For that we provide stand-in objects to allow packing of your custom terrain that makes use of GM assets. (Similar to how the APEX assets were handled at release). No plans to have them integrated into other DLCs. No new UI, Huds or any locking. Full regular Arma 3 experience as you know it. 
3. Object shadows? Not sure what you mean exactly with that. The satmap is 100% synthetic and no shadows have been baked in. Perhaps you mean the footprints of buildings. They are of course correctly transferred onto the satmap. AO maps, of course.

Will you implement the Barkas 1000 (Ambulance, Police, Militärstreife, Civil), VW T3 (Ambulance, Police, Civil), a NVA Krad, BW Ausgehuniform + Officer Cap, NVA Militärstreife stuff and a civilian Pistol belt for both Police service uniforms (BRD and DDR) and maybe also a Vopo winter version in Coat and Ushanka ? 😄

Hello,

and congratulations on your release! Will the tanks feature interiors? 🙂

• Like 1

Again the question: Will we be stuck with standard ArmA III night vision for the Leopard and Milan ATGM ?

The PZB 200 was very prone to beeing blinded by battlefield Ilumination, basically all NV Systems of the era could be literally blinded by Ilumination rounds of all kind.

Or will we be stuck with the "always perfect" night vision we currently have in ArmA III ?

Is there any night vision for the Infantry at all ?

The T-55 of the NVA used an active IR device with an large IR Illuminator, hos will that be reflected?

What about smoke and Illumination rounds for both Tanks?

Just asking because even back in 1993, night operations and the lack of enough and proper night vision devices and night vision driver periscopes was always a big big issue. Those nights without moon were a horror even for simple training scenarios when all we had was ONE Fero 51 for the whole Platoon, and even 7x50 Binoculars were hard to come by.

15 hours ago, DetCord said:

One more question though given that I just noticed where exactly the map is located. Have you guys modeled the infamous Helmstedt (Marienborn) Checkpoint?!

According to this screenshot:

https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/222941-arma-3-creator-dlc-global-mobilization-cold-war-germany/?do=findComment&comment=3351720

Helmstedt is not on the map anymore.

Map ends roughly at the red line. Checkpoint was at the arrow

firefox_2019-04-24_11-19-27.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Congratulations on my part as well. This looks amazing and I'm glad that we get the Cold War even to ArmA 3 because that's were everything started with the Cold war crisis.

Thanks for your hard work and effort and I wish you all the success you deserve.

Cheers

• Like 3

Thanks everyone!

@Dedmen's picture is impressively accurate!

@nettrucker Indeed, OFP's CWC was a major influence, so it was pretty special for us to be able to do our own entry in that era and setting. There are a few nods to the original CWC missions in our Campaign. One very obvious you'll see right away in the first mission. 🙂

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, mondkalb said:

Thanks everyone!

@Dedmen's picture is impressively accurate!

@nettrucker Indeed, OFP's CWC was a major influence, so it was pretty special for us to be able to do our own entry in that era and setting. There are a few nods to the original CWC missions in our Campaign. One very obvious you'll see right away in the first mission. 🙂

Looking forward to it. I must sadly admit I'm very late to Arma 3 it was the first and only  BI game I didn't purchase at launch. Meanwhile, the community went over to ArmA 3 I was tinkering with Batteriefuhrer with the ArmA 2 CWR2 MOD. The result was a 19 mission SP pack for ArmA 2. Unfortunately, there were no Cold war assets available for ArmA 3 at that time. That will change in a couple of days I guess and it is with great satisfaction I see the first real Cold War assets being released for ArmA 3 in an official DLC .

I hope that it will be a success which allows developing future assets and factions. All the best in your endeavor.

• Like 2

Any plans to add helicopters? Need some cobras to stop the tank rush!

I have a system requirements related question. Approximately how much HD or SSD space is this DLC going to require? The A3 system specs call for 32GB and that's pretty much where my install (minus mods) is at. The store page says that GM requires 57GB free space but I'm assuming that includes the A3 footprint. Will GM by itself have a footprint of 25GB (57-32=25) or will it be less (significantly?) than that once installed? HD space isn't really an issue but SSD space is to a degree and we all know that A3 performs best with an SSD. I can always move some programs and some of my mods (about 42GB) temporarily to another drive but I'm curious to know how much space I'm going to initially need for GM. And yes, a larger SSD is planned for a not too distant upgrade.

I'm actually quite excited about this DLC. OFP was one of my favorite games simply because it was set during the time that I served in the army and other than a few historical anomalies (M16A2 rather than the A1!) it just felt "right" to me and brought back a lot of memories. With GM being focused on a conflict between the FRG and the DDR, I'm much more excited as I spent half of my enlistment in W Germany in the mid 80s and it's a time and place that I remember fondly. I was stationed in Boeblingen near Stuttgart but I still vividly recall the tour I took of the border and the tension and hostility that was so readily apparent.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, scimitar said:

Approximately how much HD or SSD space is this DLC going to require?

The DLC is 22.2GB big.

Steam store page says minimum HDD space is 57GB.

8 minutes ago, scimitar said:

The store page says that GM requires 57GB free space but I'm assuming that includes the A3 footprint.

It does.

• Like 1

On 4/23/2019 at 10:32 PM, Rak1445 said:

Hello,

and congratulations on your release! Will the tanks feature interiors? 🙂

Would be cool, but i think not, it includes much of diffrent vehicles and here variants (the Leos).

What is with artillery like a BM-21 ore a 2S3 ?

Regarding Weferlingen, as well as the new buildings, flora etc. what can we expect from the ambient environment itself....new environmental soundsets? new ambient animals system?

Heya,

on the terrain you can expect a new soundset of ambient life, but no new physical creatures.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, mondkalb said:

but no new physical creatures.

The terrain will still have a vanilla ambient animal system?....insects, birds etc.

8 hours ago, Vanner said:

Will the T55 and KPz tanks have interior models?

They will not. But all the other APCs etc will have them.

• Like 1

Quick update from us. We have released the texture templates for all our vehicles, along with documentation on how to use it and their advanced functions.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Global_Mobilization_Insignia_(Vehicles)
https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Global_Mobilization_Retexturing

:wiggle:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

@mondkalb I hope it's alright to post this here? Seeing as how there are no air assets (yet) I started retexturing some of the existing ones available to the community. Should be done by GM's release day which I'm eagerly awaiting.

DwQXzmL.png

• Like 9

Hey guys

just bought it and I'm downloading now.  I'm excited as a little boy hasn't felt like that for a while now.

I'll report back once I'm done downloading and exploring.

Thanks, guys.

Cheers

• Like 1

Hello, I got a little question. I can't find any Guide or Tutorial so far, but how can I build a Dedicated Server using this DLC?

The GM Folder won't be downloaded through the Free Server Files for Linux and Windows.