mondkalb

Arma 3 Creator DLC: Global Mobilization - Cold War Germany

Hi,

I love this DLC. Very nice quality and impressive map. There is on issue that kinda kills immersion a litte. When you enter buildings and you are in the first perspective buildings/objects doesent put shadow on your body nor on you weapon. 😞

Gongrats on the release!👍

Had fun on the first mission until it bugged out. Like the ofp-feel and the nice performance on the new map.
The good ol' arma AI puts up a good fight against a pleasant gaming experience though.

Literally a few seconds into the first mission an apc-driver flattens one of my squad members in the street😁

Spoiler

After clearing the second town, my squad just stands in the middle of the street doing nothing. I guessed from experience of past arma missions that one enemy soldier was lurking somewhere, blocking the progress. And sure enough, after running around like rambo shooting in the air to provoke an attack, a Russian popped up at the  edge of the village.

Then we where ordered into a apc for transport, after a huge ordeal getting everyone aboard. We just sat in the street for a couple of minutes, then drove 100 metres before it just was idling in the street forever.
I suspect one of the Ai squad member was stuck somewhere in town.

Looking forward to future updates. Some air assets would be nice, just some simple unarmed bell for troop transport.

On the second mission...

Spoiler

The tank gunner is supposed to have thermal sights? Not anywhere I can find in my tank! Not on "N" or the scroll-wheel menu. Where is it? How do you activate it?

Overall, I like the DLC. It has that OFP/Team Yankee epic thing going for it. I am loving the map. 

For future creators I'd suggest a military adviser. There are some basic mistakes on that side that a pro would spot. Column formations when expecting contact, or advancing to contact on an obvious approach like a road.  

And just like that. I am taking Tom Clancy's "Red Storm Rising" off the shelf, re-reading it for the who knows how many time and thinking up a Campaign base off Red Storm Rising.

Amazing DLC. The map is overwhelming. It took forever to fly around it with a little Cessna just checking out the terrain and features. The Wall is amazingly well done. The level of detail is fantastic and the SP Campaign missions are a blast.

• Like 2

Only 5hrs left of work until i can finally give it a try... Can't wait.

2 hours ago, firemane said:

The tank gunner is supposed to have thermal sights? Not anywhere I can find in my tank! Not on "N" or the scroll-wheel menu. Where is it? How do you activate it?

Zooming in to the maximum zoom level should do the trick.

Please, anyone know how to lase range target as gunner in Leopard? Laser ranger (T) only works when I switch to coax MG, with main gun there is only manual entry (PgDown/PgUp). Am I missing something?

Edit: Got reply on Discord. It is bug and Leopards should be without laser ranger. Will be fixed.

When will tank interiors be added?

For an official paid DLC it is unacceptable that the tanks are half done.

• Haha 4
  • Confused 3

Can't wait to try this out! Any way to put the coop files on my dedicated server? Where can I find the mission files?

1 hour ago, Tobur said:

Can't wait to try this out! Any way to put the coop files on my dedicated server? Where can I find the mission files?

This has been pasted on Discord:

For server admins:

Install GM dedicated server via steamCMD:

+app_update 233780 -beta creatordlc " validate +quit

Launch it via -mod=gm;

• Like 2

6 hours ago, bullet purveyor said:

Gongrats on the release!👍

Had fun on the first mission until it bugged out. Like the ofp-feel and the nice performance on the new map.
The good ol' arma AI puts up a good fight against a pleasant gaming experience though.

Literally a few seconds into the first mission an apc-driver flattens one of my squad members in the street😁

Reveal hidden contents

After clearing the second town, my squad just stands in the middle of the street doing nothing. I guessed from experience of past arma missions that one enemy soldier was lurking somewhere, blocking the progress. And sure enough, after running around like rambo shooting in the air to provoke an attack, a Russian popped up at the  edge of the village.

Then we where ordered into a apc for transport, after a huge ordeal getting everyone aboard. We just sat in the street for a couple of minutes, then drove 100 metres before it just was idling in the street forever.
I suspect one of the Ai squad member was stuck somewhere in town.

Looking forward to future updates. Some air assets would be nice, just some simple unarmed bell for troop transport.

This is how the campaign has gone for me so far, I cant find any stray enemy AI potentially stopping the mission from progressing.

Very disappointing. An excellent map, but no artillery, no aircraft, even a static MG is missing. Why the hell do we need Shilka if it has no one to fight? 

No SAM, no helicopters - this is not World War 3, it's a clash between two tribes of the Stone Age.

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, bullet purveyor said:

I recommend Rydygier's "Liability Insurance" mod which prevents vehicles from dealing damage to friendly infantry when they inevitably run them over. The mod only protects infantry of the same/friendly side of the vehicle so you can still kill enemy infantry by hit and run. The only possible downside of the mod is that it also has the side effect of disabling fall damage for infantry. I personally see this as another benefit though since AI tend to fall off buildings and cliffs.

I also experience the APC run over 2 of my squadmates but thanks to this mod, they were able to get back up again.

Armaholic link: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=27485

There is also a Steam Workshop version as well.

• Like 1

Here she shadow bug (with buildings) in pictures.

20190430181717-1.jpg

As you can see, there is no shadow (of the buildings) on the hand or the weapon.

@litrax Please use English only. (Forum guidelines

13) Write in English

Please write only in English on the public forums. Avoid writing in any other language or any kind of slang or txt speak since the majority of the members most likely won't understand. In private messages you are of course welcome to write in any language you wish

Made it through the first mission and my thoughts/experience so far. (This is just solely based on the mission and it's design and nothing to do with the quality of the units/terrain/sounds etc. etc.)

Spoiler

The briefing isn't bad with the animations and verbal brief given but having said that there could better information and better structure . It felt a bit basic and not overly "military" like.

Starting out in the forest the squad leader immediately starts sprinting towards the objective and myself and the squad had to sprint to keep up, it tires everyone out fairly quickly. Moving along the road in a single line formation to a town suspected of having hostiles in it seem'd a bit counter-intuitive, also the M113 ran over several squad mates who did eventually get back up again.

The dialogue/radio chatter through and just after the first village was good but it sort of stopped after that and there was very little to be had for the rest of the mission.

Moving onto the second village along the road continuing in our file formation and on the outskirts we came under fire. The M113 rushed forward and parked itself on a crossroad about 500m from the squad on it's own, totally exposed to an RPG attack without infantry support (Seem's non of the enemy are carrying AT equipment in this village though). The squad moved either to flank the village from the left or crossed the open field in front of the town depending on what the AI decided to do in regards to the threat (I played through a couple of times to see this). The enemy looked about squad sized and wasn't "dug in" in or around the town and there were no emplacements, fortifications or garrisoned units in buildings. 

There were some pretty close and intense fire fights moving through the village though and some close calls with grenades being thrown. The squad took no casualties. Once the village was cleared we rendezvoused with the M113 at the crossroads and embarked to move on to the final village. The M113 did sit around for a few minutes after we embarked before it moved on.

En-route to the final village was a good 3km drive which is fine, but the time wasn't filled in with any chatter amongst the squad or maybe radio chatter from HQ or other squads.  It did offer an opportunity to rearm with magazines and grenades though. Approaching the village on the road the M113 came under fire, we were dumped out on the road exposed to enemy fire a few hundred meters from the village without popping smoke or any kind of concealment. The squad proceeded to run up the road in a staggered column formation towards the village for a couple of hundred meters before flanking right (I chose to flank right immediately into the depressed ground because i'm not invincible like the rest of the squad) and the M113 sort of just charged off somewhere and didn't off any support. 

Again the enemy didn't seem to be dug in and was just randomly running around the village. At one point a squad member was scripted to die and i was ordered to pick up his AT launcher, after that i figured there would be some enemy APC or support vehicle to destroy given the significance of having to run and grab the AT launcher but there wasn't.

We cleared the village and ended up in the centre of it but the squad ended up standing around doing nothing for a couple of minutes... I figured this was just classic ArmA/OFP style and there must've been a couple of enemy soldiers hiding somewhere that we'd missed not allowing the end-game trigger to trip. I ran around the village and eventually found a couple of troops hiding behind a building near the entrance from the main road. The mission then ended after i'd taken them out.

Honestly I enjoyed playing the mission but it really did seem kind of bland and basic. I understand the amount of effort that goes into making a complex scenario that works without too many errors and this really could've been made more immersive, realistic and complex. Maybe it's because it's an opening mission and is easing people into it but there could've been so much more for an opening impression.

Just a few points: 

- Squads and APC's moving down roads towards enemy contact in file formations exposing themselves to slaughter isn't a great idea

- No arty support (even light mortar) on both sides and no enemy APC's supporting their troops

- Very little in the way of tactics (one squad clearing out multiple villages on it's own seem's a bit stretched) 

- Friendly ATGM APC's could have been utilised but there wasn't any enemy armour for them to engage.

- Fairly basic triggers seem'd to be used without fail safes, for example: In the final village our squad had entered the centre of town and just stood around, there should've been something to stop     you having to run off on a one man mission and hunt down hiding units to trip the trigger to end the mission.

- A lack of immersion with the squad and the player.

After all that... The quality of the units, map, sounds, animations are all top notch. The stretch of the wall looks fantastic and the layout, detail and size of the map are great. I like the customisation of vehicles, there's a good spread of infantry with their weapons and gear, and this is all a good base to improve and add to. It's a shame there aren't any static weapon emplacements like an MG3 or DSHK or mortars but the static ATGM's are really well done.

Being able to add camo netting to vehicles would be a really nice aesthetic touch (even if it doesn't actually reduce their visibility to AI) and i'd love to see a change in the UI (Is it even possible to change the UI?) because it would really add to the DLC's individuality if it was made more... "80's Deutschland" and i think it's important to separate this DLC from the ArmA 3 feel. 

I'm happy I paid $26 for it and it's got loads more potential but i just can't get 100% on-board with this first mission.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, linx77 said:

When will tank interiors be added?

For an official paid DLC it is unacceptable that the tanks are half done.

never?

it's a 3rd party paid CDLC. i don't get why some of you think interiors in tanks are worth having to begin with

• Like 5

One thing what is annoying me is that Med-vehicles in the GDR (East-Germany) had the "Red Cross" and not the "Red Diamond".

Is it possible to correct that ? That would be really great.

Otherwise a fine job!

• Like 1

Speaking for myself, interiors to tanks and APCs has more to do with relieving the claustrophobic feeling I get when stuck in the letterboxed view than anything else.

I don't complain if a free mod doesn't have tank interiors so long as I can turn out while driving, but BI are the ones who set the bar for expecting them.  After the tanks DLC I don't think it was unreasonable to expect them in the Creator DLCs, as they are supposed to be on BI's level in quality.

I've really enjoyed the DLC wholeheartely except for the lackluster campaign and feel it was worth my money for the map and it's assets alone.  The Creator DLC program is off to good start.

15 minutes ago, Selva73 said:

One thing what is annoying me is that Med-vehicles in the GDR (East-Germany) had the "Red Cross" and not the "Red Diamond".

Is it possible to correct that ? That would be really great.

Otherwise a fine job!

The medical insignias were changed to diamonds on Bohemias request to go along with other medical vehicles in 2035 setting. Its a shame though.

• Like 1

Military gates seems not to be openable

Dipped into the new DLC a bit last night.

Very impressed with the terrain and general atmosphere of the Theme; Cold War Germany is an area of history In which have limited knowledge, but interested to find out more.

Really like the new roster of units, kit and vehicles models as well as the beautiful 80's furniture!

With the Campaigns first mission I've encountered a few issues though, most of which have already been flagged:

- Squads and APC's moving down roads towards enemy contact in file formations exposing themselves to slaughter isn't a great idea

- Very little in the way of tactics (one squad clearing out multiple villages on it's own seem's a bit stretched) 

- Fairly basic triggers seemed to be used without fail safes, for example: In the final village our squad had entered the centre of town and just stood around, there should've been something to stop you having to run off on a one man mission and hunt down hiding units to trip the trigger to end the mission.

- A lack of immersion with the squad and the player.

The one in bold would be a key issue that needs resolved.

I also encountered an odd bug with the M113:

On the long stretch to the next town, I saved my game while turned out, from the back hatch (real nice btw.)

The game also auto-saved just before enemy contact.

I was promptly (and rightfully!) shot.

Upon loading the game however, the screen goes black with just the cursor on screen, I can still hear the action going on around me.

Pressing Enter takes me to what I assume is the death/load game screen but I am now also able to see that I have been moved to the MG turret position of the M113 instead of the back hatch...

If I press Esc it returns me to the black screen and Esc again dumps me back to the campaign menu screen.

Weird bug, I guess related to dying in the turned out hatch position.

I will have to go back to an earlier save. Will see if it's reproducible.

Cheers

E

PS: I wonder if a dedicated bug thread would be good. Maybe in Dev branch topic?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Electricleash said:

I also encountered an odd bug with the M113:

I experienced this bug as well but forgot to mention it.

The removal of any night vision and night attack capability that those vehicles and weposk had, even back in 1983, is shocking. No wonder i Got no answers for my questions, that should have been a warning to me. That is indeed a shocking decission. To aggravate that, neither Signal pistol nor Carl Gustav have working Ilumination rounds. Ilumination round are in the ammo selection but they work as signal only, no illumination of the surrounding area at all. To make it a real joke, neither the ATGM optics nor tank optics have any NV at all. just lieke 1943. The IR searchlights use white light and only show at night that arma 3 has bad lighting...but usinf white light in combat is a strange Idea anyway... onyl targets that are tired of life use white light.

That's a problem in so far as the NVA had a big disadvantage in the night vision department, just like the whole sowjet block. That was one of the reasons why an warsaw block attack at night was always deemed improbable... thast not where their strenght was.

All vehicles, and at least for the Bundeswehr I has first hand contact with most of them, use "generic" sounds from the ArmA database, none of them, exept for the BMP, really fints the original or comes even close.

Most annoying is the BRDM and M113. The SPAAGs seem bit useless, there would have been better units to start with like the Marder, Luchs and a PT-76 or BTR-70 and of course, artillery in the form or Mortar and static 105mm

(FH 105mm)

The lack of interiors for MBTs is not the current standard of ArmA III.

Btw. rangefinders were present in the Leopard. EMES 12 can also compute a lead marker and uses angular Parallaxe for rangefindig.

Again, the year is 1983 not 1943. There should be Night vision, rangefinding, but al of that a bit clumsy to use, heavy and slow in reaction. Night vision should be easily blindable by both White lights and illumintion pyrotechnics

Gear: The transport Tubes for the PzFst44 are missing, additional ammo now has to be stored in the rucksack.

G3 sights: the "Trommelvisier" ist to far from the viewpoint and does not work like a diopter sight. instead it simply blocks the view oif the user and conceals the targets...also it reduced the view angle in a unatural way. Same for the open 100m increment. The MG3 has no "Fliegerabwehrvisier" thats was also very handy when mounted as Commander MG on vehicle mounts.

Visually the DLC is top notch, the new german voices fit the timeframe very well.

The map is well done, but looks quite cartoonish in a lot of spaces, but that only shows up from above.

• Haha 1

Hello everyone, and the new DLC is included in the Arma 3 Supporter Edition ? Previously, all the DLСs I got for free. Or now I need to buy ?