mondkalb

Arma 3 Creator DLC: Global Mobilization - Cold War Germany

Everything here is looking pretty cool so far!

My personal wishes:

• Tornado jet

• Marder IFV

• G11

Keep up the awesome work!

• Like 1

@mondkalb

Iam already in love with this work. This will be fun for sure.  Though I have some questions I may asked. In Steam its shows audio english and german. Did you customize the radio or ai voices into german ?

Can we have some info about how many towns or villages we can see on that terrain ?

2 hours ago, Muecke said:

@mondkalb

Iam already in love with this work. This will be fun for sure.  Though I have some questions I may asked. In Steam its shows audio english and german. Did you customize the radio or ai voices into german ?

Can we have some info about how many towns or villages we can see on that terrain ?

includes 8 voices for the new German radio protocol

2 hours ago, AveryTheKitty said:

Everything here is looking pretty cool so far!

My personal wishes:

• Tornado jet

• Marder IFV

• G11

Keep up the awesome work!

Messerschmitt-Bölkow-Blohm Bo 105P/PAH-1

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Muecke said:

A total of 49 settlements exist on GM's new terrain called "Weferlingen", depicting the Inner German Border and surrounding land with 419km² playable area.

RWrsIMG.png

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I'm confused as to why you have FlakPz 1A1's and ZSU-23's triple-A vehicles without having any actual air assets to fight. It's a bit like having scuba gear for troops in a landlocked desert environment.

I understand if this is a planned FREE expansion to the existing product down the road, say Bo-105's and DDR Mi-24D's. But if you plan to charge for like assets, assets meant to have been included at the outset, then you're going to face some rather heavy push-back, and rightly so. I just hope you take these concerns into consideration before moving forward with the development plan and what seems like an infinite monetization with regards to potential expansions, vehicles, assets, terrains, etc.

• Like 3

@fingolfin We will provide a high-resolution render of the 2D map soon.

@DetCord The SPAAG vehicles serve as perfect mission objectives of course. We'd very much like to include helicopters into future updates. The exact form, content and release date of these updates is however currently unclear. Any future update to the DLC will need to be propery QA'd by Bohemia as well, so other scheduling concerns need to be considered. I can tell you however already that CH-53G and Bo-105 aircraft already exist to a very advanced state. At one point we simply needed to make a cut to get GM out at some point.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

On 4/20/2019 at 12:37 PM, mondkalb said:

@Wiki The coop missions are not integrated into any campaign or overarching story besides the thematic setting. They are separate single coop scenarios.

Thanks

Congratulations on the upcoming release, and thanks for all the hard work you've obviously put into this project. As someone who's been playing since the OFP demo first appeared on the PC Gamer Mag demo disc, this is the kind of content I've been dying to see in ArmA 3.

We've all enjoyed the mods and OFP remakes over the years but ArmA 3 really hasn't had a dedicated Cold War Era mod associated with it until now. 

Let's hope people get behind it and you can continue to produce more vehicles, scenarios and content in the future.

• Like 7

Congratulations team!!

Sounds great and best of luck to you.:)All new creations is a big selling point.:)

• Like 2

On 4/21/2019 at 9:23 AM, mondkalb said:

The SPAAG vehicles serve as perfect mission objectives of course. We'd very much like to include helicopters into future updates. The exact form, content and release date of these updates is however currently unclear. Any future update to the DLC will need to be propery QA'd by Bohemia as well, so other scheduling concerns need to be considered. I can tell you however already that CH-53G and Bo-105 aircraft already exist to a very advanced state. At one point we simply needed to make a cut to get GM out at some point.

Interesting, so it's possible we will see more vehicles added over time?

If that's the case, are those future vehicles included in the 42 vehicles/variants on the steam page?

I found it a bit odd how the DLC will be set in the 80s but the MBTs are T-55s vs Leo 1s, unless ofcourse you plan to add T-72s and perhaps even leo 2s.

Heya, yes we would like to expand GM of course. In our minds we're far from done. However any updates have to be negotiated with Bohemia Interactive, as they'll have to clear any update/patch through their QA.

The setting for GM is generally 1980s, while the campaign and terrain are set specifically in summer 1983. At that point the vast majority of MBT available and waiting on each side of the wall were Leo 1 and T-55.
This means of course that the next logical step for new MBTs within GM are indeed Leo 2 and T-72. 🙂

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, scavenjer said:

I found it a bit odd how the DLC will be set in the 80s but the MBTs are T-55s vs Leo 1s, unless ofcourse you plan to add T-72s and perhaps even leo 2s.

Even though Leopard 2 and T-72 were already in use at the time, Leopard 1 and T-55 were still the workhorses in the Panzergrenadier and Motorized Rifle Formations. So, to start with these is a reasonable choice.

2 minutes ago, fingolfin said:

Even though Leopard 2 and T-72 were already in use at the time, Leopard 1 and T-55 were still the workhorses in the Panzergrenadier and Motorized Rifle Formations. So, to start with these is a reasonable choice.

Ofcourse, not questioning that, just wondering....

Hello @mondkalb!

I have a small question about the terrain, if you don't mind : what is your approach regarding buildings?

Is the proportion of enterable buildings similar to what we have in vanilla Arma3? How do they compare : are they all empty or is there some kind of generic furniture?

• Like 2

The buildings are fully enterable but without furniture. This is due to concern for performance within settlements and to not lock mission designers in. However, we do have a fairly neat selection of furniture included should you want to design a neat base, hideout or target objective.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, mondkalb said:

Heya, yes we would like to expand GM of course. In our minds we're far from done. However any updates have to be negotiated with Bohemia Interactive, as they'll have to clear any update/patch through their QA.

The setting for GM is generally 1980s, while the campaign and terrain are set specifically in summer 1983. At that point the vast majority of MBT available and waiting on each side of the wall were Leo 1 and T-55.
This means of course that the next logical step for new MBTs within GM are indeed Leo 2 and T-72. 🙂

If you're concerned about getting too modern, you don't necessarily have to go straight to Leo 2. You could bring in some Soviet intermediate tanks like the T-62, or improved models like the T-55AM and Leopard 1A4/1A5.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, NikkoJT said:

If you're concerned about getting too modern, you don't necessarily have to go straight to Leo 2. You could bring in some Soviet intermediate tanks like the T-62, or improved models like the T-55AM and Leopard 1A4/1A5.

I'm not sure wether the NVA ever used T-62s. I am however pretty sure that the Leo 1A5 came in the 90s.

43 minutes ago, the_one_and_only_Venator said:

I'm not sure wether the NVA ever used T-62s. I am however pretty sure that the Leo 1A5 came in the 90s.

The NVA never used T-62s, only T-34s, T-54/55s and T72s. The Leopard 1A5 was introduced in 1986 AFAIK.

What's the plans regarding additional scenario development? Also, did you guys meddle with the AI at all?

23 hours ago, mondkalb said:

Awesome!

Looks like this will be more than just DLC, "expansion" sounds more like it!

On 4/20/2019 at 4:05 AM, maxl30 said:

•does it includes unedited Arma 2 vehicles/helis/planes?

Why on earth do you think that would happen?

What I would like to know, how is night vision handled in the DLC. Up until into the late 80's  the main use of night vision devices were not wearables, but observation devices like the FERO 51 Fero_51__IR_-_Strahler_ml.JPG

and most of them had to use active IR for ranges above 200m or moonless nights. ALso the resolution was not all that high compared to standard ArmA Night Visio.  And are there working parachute flares for the "Schwere Panzerfaust" for "Gefechtsfeldbeleuchtung"?

A good thing will be the complete absence of Thermal Imaging, that  was overdone and overmodeled lately after APEX.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Beagle said:

What I would liek to know, how is night vision handled in the DLC. Up until into the late 80's  the main use of night vision devices were not wearables, but observation devices like the FERO 51, and most of them had to use active IR for ranges above 200m or moonless nights. ALso the resolution was not all that high compared to standard ArmA Night Visio.  And are there working parachute flares for the "Schwere Panzerfaust" for "Gefechtsfeldbeleuchtung"?

A good thing will be the complete absence of Thermal Imaging, that  was overdone and overmodeled lately after APEX.

cold war era is definitely the easiest era to find the "fun" in arma combat.

2035 tech makes finding the fun more of a challenge, with all the high tech equipment. like, imo its just less interesting to creep around in a jungle with thermal screen, compared to naked eye or nvg

• Like 3

- What are the modding policies?, Will they be the same as BI expansions?. Maybe some time encripted and later open for modding?.

- Will the terrain and the rest of assets be available to create custom missions, being integrated as other BI dlc/expansions? Or this is a total modification including new main UI, huds, locking the editor, etc.

- Bizarre question, have terrain object shadows been baked into the satellite texture?. Do the models have AO maps?.