mondkalb

Arma 3 Creator DLC: Global Mobilization - Cold War Germany

one question... do the owners of the supporter edition have to buy this dlc too?

on the other dlcs steam told me i have it in my library already even before it was released...

not with this one... so i wonder where the ALL DLC INCLUDED part of the supporter edition may end...

alright i found the answer already on my own

I purchased the Arma 3 Supporter's Edition back in the day. Do I get Creator DLC for free?

Unlike official Arma 3 DLC, Arma 3 Creator DLC will not be made available for free to owners of the Arma 3 Supporter's Edition (note: this edition is also no longer on sale). On behalf of ourselves as well as our external Creator DLC developers, we thank you for your understanding and wonderful support!

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, nettrucker said:

Hey guys

just bought it and I'm downloading now.  I'm excited as a little boy hasn't felt like that for a while now.

I'll report back once I'm done downloading and exploring.

Thanks, guys.

Cheers

Great

Interested in your feedback about the SP campaign :)

@ataribabyplease remember to use spoiler tags when talking about official missions.

• Like 1

Did a flyby on the terrain. It's ideal for tank warfare. Beautiful plains and the map is huge. which makes flying fun as well. I hope we will see air assets in the future to get the complete experience. Haven't played anything so far just went into the editor and made a flight over the terrain.

Thanks, guys I'm unfortunately unable to explore very much in these days I have to dedicate it to next weekend I'm busy.

Cheers

Yes, very flat and some ugly patterns inside houses but hey, good job!

I found a little inconvenience. The missiles for the RPG-7 from Apex can not be used with the one from GM and vice versa.
It would be very nice if this would work. 😮

Holy shit, I've spent the last hour just... looking at all the little details in the editor. How your animations change depending on how fast you're driving on the motorcycle, the animations for hatches, reloading, the way the engine sounds clunk and clatter, the smoke screens on the east german vehicles, just... all of it.

You guys clearly put a lot of love into this, and it shows! Thank you!

• Like 5

Is their anyway to operate the tower lights or is placing the spotlight unit the only way

New stuff for my sandbox and a new map to do it on, SOLD! 

Looks amazing and I can't wait to get home and check it out.

Two more things:
1. If you fire the Milan from the Tpz Fuchs in full speed, straight ahead, the rocket explodes immediately.
2. You can not turn on the beacon lights and that makes me very, very sad. It would be really cool if you would add that. 😞

First problem, playing the campaing I can not continue, the screen becomes black always, so i'm forced to start again. Sorry guys and good luck with this in the future, but this is the last time I buy 3rd party content at least at first time.

• Haha 1

At first really nice DLC, but i thnik its clear that the beacons should be working in the next updates ;D

And please add a Military Police unit (Militärstreife) to the NVA of course with a own white NVA pistol holster and with this withe arm coutings.

A Krad for the NVA would also very cool, maybe with the krad-helmet wich was the paratrooper helmet of the NVA, maybe also some NVA paratroopers too ?! 😄

The Volkspolizist is just in his normal uniform and without own pistol holster available, please here also a own pistol holster and a winter version of it in coat and ushanka, the coat and the ushanka of the Vopo was similar to the NVA ones, so you can make two textures for it that we can use it for the NVA generals as winter version.

Great work at all !

Hello.

- The campaign issue is already known and logged on our internal trigger.
- You're not meant to fire the ATGM at full speed. 😄
- Dedicated Server repository seems to be locked for some reason. It is being looked at already.

• Like 2

Mission 1, worked after I restarted it. Second mission is awesome! Like from Team Yankee book 🙂 So far I like it so much!

Just small nitpick - I saw I had two digital watch. One on wrist and second in inventory.

I haven't found a dedicated feedback thread regarding the campaign. So please, feel free to move this. I've only played the first two missions so far.

Spoiler

I'm getting a very OFP-vibe which is both good and bad. Nostalgia and straight-forward mission design are one thing, frustrating gameplay elements are another. However, the intro is nice and I do enjoy the music. The voiced briefings are cool, even though German military language (much like any of our official texts) just sounds so unnecessarily complex and anachronistically hillarious to me (a native). Anyway, it fits the setting so that's good too. The German setting, let alone it taking place just a couple hundred kilometres from my hometown, always gets bonus points in my book.

The first mission has quite a long walk at the beginning. I basically lost my AI comrades due to stamina depleting quite fast (and me strolling through the village admiring super ordinary things like signs, mail boxes, and phone booths I know from the real world). The fight(s) weren't super exciting but did the job, the troop banter made me smirk. The cities seemed rather empty and dead. One of the AI even noticed. Not sure if that's part of the story or just cutting cost on the level design. Unfortunately, I couldn't finish the mission because of a game-breaking bug already reported on Discord. All in all, a somewhat decent start. But then it degraded to hell...

The second mission immediately puts you into command of an entire tank platoon. Which is basically the creators throwing Arma 3's worst game mechanic right in your face: AI commanding. It could be me, but after almost 4000 hours on the clock, I just can't be bothered with that horrible command-UI anymore. The problems with AI-commanding should be well known at this point. From tanks getting stuck on objects to AI gunners not detecting an enemy shooting at you just a hundred metres ahead, right in their FOV. And you as the player screaming at the screen in agony... No, after a couple of rather short-lived attempts, I resorted to cheating and cleared the enemy threat by myself in the driver seat, not bothering a bit about all the other blokes in my platoon. Commanding a single vehicle can be fun and challenging, but a whole platoon is definitely too much.

As for the story, I do hope there is one. So far, there hasn't been much background on what's going on. Despite the bumpy road so far, I'm still interested in continuing with the other missions. Though I hope they involve spending less time bothering with the AI. (At the same time I do acknowledge that it's very hard to create enjoyable player-centered SP content while maintaining some sort of realism regarding unit sizes and capabilities.)

I found second mission surprisingly fun.

Was able to play as commander all time and somewhat it worked better than with Vanilla A3 tanks. Maybe it have to do with not so good sensors or I was just lucky maybe. Anyway it was great fun to blow that GDR armor. I had to restart twice as I got blown up until I was more aware of surroundings next time and lost just one tank from platoon. Key was terrain masking and slow progress with a lot of horizon scanning.

Is it possible to launch the DLC with arma3sync? 

Add "-mod=GM" to "Additional Parameters" on the "Launcher Options" tab

People who are playing the campaign:

can you make a walkthrough of it please?

Thanks

• Like 1

Okay, a first conclusion: EXCELLENT! I get an overview of the content and am completely satisfied. Of course there are a few ways to improve here and there, BUT that's perfectly normal for such new content and for being just two people, you've delivered a really great DLC.

to the ATGMs: I know you do not do that, or you should not, but we do it anyway. 😛

That's a bit offtopic now:

I am completely satisfied with the whole concept of the Creator DLCs. We have been receiving new content and improvements for ArmA3 over five years, most of them for free. To be honest, anyway, the DLCs were only there to finance this development process, as I can imagine that the devs would have liked to give us everything for free if they could. In this game so incredibly much effort was put into making it an all around wonderful experience.

The development of ArmA3 is now more or less complete. We got many wishes fulfilled, many of which we did not even know we had, but the developers thought of. Of course, many more wishes are left unfulfilled (dreams are limitless), but actually we should be really satisfied.

I ask everyone to pause for a moment and to imagine what ArmA3 would look like today, how we would remember it, what influence and what meaning it would have, if it still was like on the release. If only new content had come to it, as with most other mainstream games. What would Marksmen, Helicopters, Apex, Jets and Tanks look like if we did not get massive improvements in gameplay with every DLC? The engine updates were always free and could be used by anyone, including modders.

ArmA3 has always been about developing a PLATFORM, not just a game. As already mentioned, this development is almost over now and yet we still get new content. Of course, these creator DLCs are not quite what we would call the usual DLCs for A3, but that's not the point. The CDLCs fill gaps. Global mobilization could have been a mod, but the developers themselves said that it would probably never have been released without BIS's Creator Program. And even if these CDLCs do not all fit with A3, we can use them more than well. GM will be great with other mods such as CUP, and it fits in well with scenarios that deal with unequal situations, such as civil wars in a Third World country where NATO intervenes. And most importantly, by cooperating with BIS we are guaranteed that the CDLCs actually work together with A3 (maybe not always in between), which is not the case with many mods, especially if you want to use many different ones at the same time.

Last but not least, the CDLCs are a way for BIS to continue to make money with ArmA3, while offering ambitious people, such as the Vertexmacht team, fair pay for their work. Of course, Bohemia deserves a share here because they provide the platform (and you have to admit that BIS is more equitable than other developers / publishers) and can use this revenue to fund more projects (like ArmA4, maybe :O).

Long story short. If you do not like Global Mobilization, you do not need to buy it if you do not want it. I immediately bought it when it was available and will immediately buy every other Creator DLC. I'm not even specifically interested in the cold war era, in fact I'm more of a high tech fan, but I'm sure I'll find a way to use the content and I'm happy to support good developers like Bohemia Interactive and Vertexmacht.

• Like 6

Only let down for me is that tanks are missing interiors and Shilka radar dome doesn't move 😞

21 hours ago, DetCord said:

@mondkalb I hope it's alright to post this here? Seeing as how there are no air assets (yet) I started retexturing some of the existing ones available to the community. Should be done by GM's release day which I'm eagerly awaiting.

DwQXzmL.png

So frickin cool !

I just Bought this im very impressed , cant wait for air assets and EG Fallschirmjager