mondkalb

Arma 3 Creator DLC: Global Mobilization - Cold War Germany

2 hours ago, Fanatic72 said:

But I would not have high hopes for stealth equipment if I were you. 

I don't hope this will be a Sam Fisher's set, but some very basic stuff would be nice. I don't like rambo-style stealth missions with 1 superpowered GI Joe executing a whole camp of bad guys at night. Nope, I just want to build a relatively realistic recon task, just to find out the hostile strongpoints, HQ's, reserves, u.s.w. and report to alied command with no rush and unwanted noise. But it still require some minimum of gear to show that's not a usual infantrymen but scouts.

I have already found the relatively fair way to make a recce guys, but still need at least NV-scopes and supressors, just because they had it ILR:

Spoiler

E15EDA7087C2AA74CF5D115FE49D88428540073C

955621AE9E820D899A5250D6E875B216DE9A125E

UPD: and still have some questions about GM's game mechanics. For example, how to force the AI to use a searhlight on a vehicle, how to unfold the antenna on a BTR-60PU MHQ. Maybe it's need to make a FAQ or something.

Will be adding in the nearest future appropriate sound for falling  trees? Like in this videos:

Spoiler

After all, in current time they fall as if silently.

Spoiler

No answer, no reaction, no support - why?? Bad service, mondkalb! 😞

• Confused 1

What? Unfortunately not, is a serious question. No reaction here (or german forum) since may 03, i´m sad.  I was not expecting that. 😞

Feedback is better read on their Discord channel. Both Mondkalb and GalComT are active almost on an hourly basis. 

• Like 1

Yes, i know that it is so. But not everyone uses Discord and the forum thread is here - or in the other forums in which one writes. 😉 It would be better, one announces this directly everywhere, Mondkalb! 😏  Even if you do not like BI anymore. 🙄

• Confused 3

I'm still debating whether or not to purchase this DLC. I love the setting of Cold War-era Germany but the problem seems to be that this is a very small slice of that. There are no US Army or Soviet forces and the Germans are lacking a lot of vehicles like the Leopard 2, Marder, and (for the East Germans) T-72. No airpower either.

So my question is mainly, are there plans to expand upon this content and add more over time? 

15 minutes ago, reconteam said:

I'm still debating whether or not to purchase this DLC. I love the setting of Cold War-era Germany but the problem seems to be that this is a very small slice of that. There are no US Army or Soviet forces and the Germans are lacking a lot of vehicles like the Leopard 2, Marder, and (for the East Germans) T-72. No airpower either.

So my question is mainly, are there plans to expand upon this content and add more over time? 

Yes, Leo 2 and T-72 are confirmed and the Mi-8/17 and the CH-53 will also come.

Plans exist of course. However, as said before (And hence why no messages here from me), is that any future update depends on BI making QA resources available to publish such an update. We're still waiting on processing the first patch with BI's cooperation at this time. Anything else I say will likely be taken out of context and turn into a "But you promised to include X Y Z" in a couple of months.

@Blackland I don't feel the need to address every single "Will this be included", "Why no air assets if there is AA guns", "Please add this highly specific item" type of requests when the general information is out there that any update will have to be negotiated with Bohemia who have other higher priority items currently on their agenda.

Edit: Just as I am writing this I see maxl30's post that apparently Leo 2 and T-72 are confirmed. That is exactly what I mean. These were never confirmed, only expressed that we'd certainly like to include these at one point.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, mondkalb said:

Plans exist of course. However, as said before (And hence why no messages here from me), is that any future update depends on BI making QA resources available to publish such an update. We're still waiting on processing the first patch with BI's cooperation at this time. Anything else I say will likely be taken out of context and turn into a "But you promised to include X Y Z" in a couple of months.

@Blackland I don't feel the need to address every single "Will this be included", "Why no air assets if there is AA guns", "Please add this highly specific item" type of requests when the general information is out there that any update will have to be negotiated with Bohemia who have other higher priority items currently on their agenda.

Edit: Just as I am writing this I see maxl30's post that apparently Leo 2 and T-72 are confirmed. That is exactly what I mean. These were never confirmed, only expressed that we'd certainly like to include these at one point.

Sorry, then i missunderstood something 🙂

But i hope youll implement the the T-72, we have much more for the west as for the east, sadly.

And will you change the sound placeholder on the ural 375d, is that in your plan ?

We're waiting for the patch to clear and with it also a resolution for a potential regular distribution of the GM data without having to purchase it, so it is more in line with Apex/Contact's terrain assets (But not identical).
Once that is sorted out with BI's help we can go ahead and provide some road map of what we would like to do in the future, specifically regarding free content updates. However, and I cannot stress that enough, we are fully dependent on BI approving each release, which adds uncertainty to our own planning and ability to commit to future plans.

During the development we described a possible GM release as Surprise-Blitz-Release. That is a release without any announcement or prior warning. This is currently very likely what will happen with future content.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

24 minutes ago, mondkalb said:

It's okay, it´s good. I also tend to respond to bugs and the best way for that. 😉

@mondkalb

I know, you dont want to read this wishes for a special vehicle, but i think this one is realistic and would complete the civilian vehicles alot:

Ural in fire version (yes i know, they used more Tatra and IFA but they used also in the NVA retired or gave away soviet firefighter Urals and the same also in the civil fire)

16123.jpg

• Like 2

On 5/24/2019 at 6:30 PM, mondkalb said:

Once that is sorted out with BI's help we can go ahead and provide some road map of what we would like to do in the future, specifically regarding free content updates. However, and I cannot stress that enough, we are fully dependent on BI approving each release, which adds uncertainty to our own planning and ability to commit to future plans.

With some of the workforce being shifted to Arma4, and Contact and Old Man most likely keeping various dev departments busy, I really hope BIS planned ahead and kept a consequent QA team for GM and future CDLCs.

• Like 2

On 5/21/2019 at 12:30 PM, kerozen said:

Found the american

*Recoils*

I've been found out.

LjdeR.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Is there any accessible content behind the web site of Global mobilization?

http://www.global-mobilization.com/

Several browsers do not show me any local links (apart from the usual general sites like Twitter, Steam, etc.). What a pity!

Is there anywhere a walk through description for the campaign available (any useful tip apart from "shot at anything in front of your gun")?

I have problems to continue in "The more the merrier". It seems, your are forced to a zig-zag course trough the landscape to avoid the destroyed bridges. But one narrow strip of land (bordered by channels) cannot be crossed by the AI. Is there a time constraint (like "cross the bridges before they are blown")? How do I continue? (Leaving the tank to manual control the other tanks seems to abort the mission)

2 hours ago, mushik said:

Is there anywhere a walk through description for the campaign available (any useful tip apart from "shot at anything in front of your gun")?

I have problems to continue in "The more the merrier". It seems, your are forced to a zig-zag course trough the landscape to avoid the destroyed bridges. But one narrow strip of land (bordered by channels) cannot be crossed by the AI. Is there a time constraint (like "cross the bridges before they are blown")? How do I continue? (Leaving the tank to manual control the other tanks seems to abort the mission)

When the AI balks at crossing certain terrain features I use the "All-in-One AI Command Menu" mod that allows me to make all of the AI slots in my squad playable. When they start acting dumber than normal I give a stop command and then jump into the AI driver position of each tank and cross whatever terrain feature has them confused. I then jump back into the normal player position and continue from there. Once you activate the ability to switch between AI positions in the menu, the easiest way to jump between positions is to go to the map and then click on the team button. As you click on each team member there is an option to switch to that position. The mod has lots of very useful features but is invaluable for the player switching feature and the player unsticking feature.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mushik said:

There is no time constraint. Order your AI to stay in File formation. They will then queue up behind you and take the exact route that you are driving. This way they will easily follow you across bridges.

• Like 3

Please for the love of god, keep making this DLC as added packs, BAOR, US, SOVIETS etc 

SAVE ARMA!!

• Like 3

Whenever I start the game with GM loaded, I have no sound effects. The main menu is silent, no music playing (but I can hear the menu button sounds..). When I open sound settings, the effects bar remains silent. In the game there only plays music... Is that intended?

Edit: No mods loaded, no special parameter set... I don't know what's going on.

Ok, after I've watched the intro on youtube, I think it's just intended like that. It felt a little bit weird to me and even that nothing happens when I play with the sound effects volume bar, didn't feel right. However, everything works fine 🙂

happy to buy GM to support the emergence of good old vehicles during the Cold War in ARMA 3 (especially considering that the developers from Bohemia slipped to robots, aliens and other fantasies and inventions transforming Arma 3 in Mass Effect) But I have a question-will there be new content for bought? I would very much like to see the Leopard 2A4, М48А1G and some anti-tank guns which have been used of the GDR such as MT-12 RAPIER.

38 minutes ago, Navalny for president said:

happy to buy GM to support the emergence of good old vehicles during the Cold War in ARMA 3 (especially considering that the developers from Bohemia slipped to robots, aliens and other fantasies and inventions transforming Arma 3 in Mass Effect) But I have a question-will there be new content for bought? I would very much like to see the Leopard 2A4, М48А1G and some anti-tank guns which have been used of the GDR such as MT-12 RAPIER.

The M48 would not make much sense, since the Leopard was developed to replace it. The Leopard 2A4 is a breed of the 90's, the model did not show up in regular numbers before  1987 Appropriate for the timeframe would be A0, A1, A2, A3...and most important....The Leopard 1A4, A5 which were the backbone of the tank force well into the 90's.

But appart from more MBTs with not much difference in actual gameplay, there a other more important combat vehicles like the Luchs, Marder etc. and even the Jaguar 1 HOT.

The main Problem with towed guns is, there is no good solution for the transport. Iron Front hat towable and man movable guns, but that script was cumbersome and lead to a lot of rubberbanding even in Single Player. But the bigges gripe is, and was...those guns will always stick out in the game graphics, there is no way to camoflage and hide them in digged out positions...