Can anybody hear sounds of vehicle being hit when you're inside the vehicle?

I can't hear anything at all :( When I'm in slammer and hit by rpg, no sounds...

Current build shows horrible infantry pathfinding issues to me (on Altis).

I see:

* Groups unable to navigate through cities / villages when in combat mode. Units just spread and move back and forth, formation is ignored and group movement is extremely uncertain.

* Units are falling off bridges (e.g. NE of Kavala).

* Units are sometimes going through objects (walls, houses).

* Units get stuck quite often. Sometimes theyend running / walking in-place, even on roads.

Pathfinding was always buggy, especially for vehicles, but it seems recent DEV builds broke infantry pathfinding even more.

There are issues with formations too, even in SAFE / CARELESS mode: for instance "staggered column" does not work at all, units move in single column.

Le me add that AI units have noticeable problems crossing roads, they get often stuck by doing that, they end walking / running in-place.

Seems that Dev branch really got screwed this time, but hey that is what it is there for.

Let's hope service returns to normal on Monday.

Le me add that AI units have noticeable problems crossing roads, they get often stuck by doing that, they end walking / running in-place.

I'm experiencing the same problem.

Maybe, just maybe, they are trying to improve pathfinding ( which would be one of the best news, as it's really an issue in the game ), and this is just a collateral damage until they tweak it properly.

Yep - hope the current path finding issues are a mere glitch to improvements overall in this area. I can cope without being able to play for a few days if we see some much needed work in this area

That what happens when you place a chopper very close to the building and start the engine. :D

* Groups unable to navigate through cities / villages when in combat mode. Units just spread and move back and forth, formation is ignored and group movement is extremely uncertain.

I'm not on dev (rc 1.26) but I'm also experiencing those issues. I've been working on a convoy mission, and gosh it's a pain to have the AI keep formation!

You can now hear doors opening/closing? Its too good to be true ;)

Yeah priority features were added. Of course AI is broken but we can hear doors opening.

Yeah priority features were added. Of course AI is broken but we can hear doors opening.

Wow, you're pathetic. It's called dev branch for a reason, things get added with little to no testing. And door sounds is a completely different matter, it's not like the sound guys get to work on the AI or something.

Are you, again, trying to convince us that you are a new member of the community or have you been drinking recently?

I think Kremator was speaking about the countless issues we've been dealing with since the beginning of Arma, rather than this "accident" in dev branch...

I think Kremator was speaking about the countless issues we've been dealing with since the beginning of Arma, rather than this "accident" in dev branch...

Well, no matter what you or Kremator think, the sound features have nothing to do with AI.

Never said the contrary, but still, BIS priority seems to be adding new content over fixing/changing old and broken mechanics.

Wathever is this a good thing or not, I leave you judge.

I thought this thread was for discussing what is in the dev branch, not BIS's development strategies? Go do that in another thread if you really think it's worthwhile.

Well, no matter what you or Kremator think, the sound features have nothing to do with AI.

I think my sarcasm is wasted on you mate. I'll try again....

"I think we need more sound effects instead of fixing the Al".... Was that easier? :p

So the guys responsible for the AI should stop doing the jobs of the guys adding sounds?

OMG I'm gonna stop now as people can't understand my style of humour. I'm saying EXACTLY the opposite. More work on AI, less on useless sounds!

Can anybody hear sounds of vehicle being hit when you're inside the vehicle?

I can't hear anything at all :( When I'm in slammer and hit by rpg, no sounds...

I think that we never had round impact sounds when in armoured vehicles since Arma 1...

Calm down guys, we all know there are 10000s if things which have to be fixed, every single one is MOOOOOST important. Importance depends on the player perspective.

OMG I'm gonna stop now as people can't understand my style of humour. I'm saying EXACTLY the opposite. More work on AI, less on useless sounds!

So, instead of leaving the sound guys to work you want them to teach the sound designers to work on AI, you know they're different people right?

(Unless your post was even more sarcasm at which point I'm confused to buggery)

So, instead of leaving the sound guys to work you want them to teach the sound designers to work on AI, you know they're different people right?

(Unless your post was even more sarcasm at which point I'm confused to buggery)

I think you're confused.

The point was just to highlight BIS strange sense of priority.

Of course sound designers have nothing to do with AI - and maybe Kremator's joke was a bit out of place.

Door sounds have been added, that's cool. But in the same time the audio in Arma3 still sucks and still is inferior to what was done in Arma2 : we lack 3d audio positionning for a lot sounds, gunshots audio range is way too short, etc...

And that's exactly what we are talking about : adding more content instead of fixing broken stuff.

And that's exactly what we are talking about : adding more content instead of fixing broken stuff.

And it doesn't belong in this thread. This is for discussing what BIS has added in the dev branch, not what they should add or what their priorities should be.

I am sorry for you :-D

Your humour just haven't reached me.