Lol, nice.

Someone used google translate!

Or someone translated without knowing the context, happens all the time, specially in games and movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Centipede

I seem to experience AIs are getting stuck in the open. They walk in place, ala on a treadmill. Does anyone have this?

Same here in middle of road, some thing going wrong probably with "•Small optimizations and clean-ups in pathfinding"

Still present Rev.126800

Combat mode, observed many times along a road in town.

Hmm.. I think you are correct.

Seems like it could be a real problem, hopefully it's an easy fix for the devs.

Everyone who owns a fast motorcycle or car would probably agree with me.

My friend, who happens to own a very fast motorycle, said that at the speeds close to 300 km\h he actually experience some kind of tunnel vision and the closest way to describe it visually is to make a widening FOV.

When moving an ACO Red to the right, part of the reticule disappears... Moving to the left does not show this behavior.

https://i.imgur.com/bzx6GdU.jpg (162 kB)

EDIT: It's clearly visible when mounted on an MX(GL), not e.g. Katiba; depends on relative distance optics/eye?

EDIT2: Reticule of Nightstalker backup sight overshoots boundary (Left and right, again on MX(GL)): (shitty pic, but you do see a hint of red on the right side)

nUdUXGq.jpg

Edited by NoPOW

Honestly the German Localisation of the launcher is hillariously bad. Did you give it to the same guys that did the Localisation for Red Harvest in Arma 2? Because that was (in parts) also hillariously different from what you could hear the people speak.

Current Dev build's pathfinding problems seem to have broken "Tipping Point" The unit you start with stays on the road and doesn't commence the assault. The 2 missions before also required me to "nudge" the group leader when he did the "running man" on the roads.

Does the latest dev contains the desync fix what was mentioned in sitrep? We notice huge desync. We both have red chain. I(server) see every movement but my friend(client) don't see my movement. Restarting the game helped for a time(5-10m), but we can't diagnose the issue.

Honestly the German Localisation of the launcher is hillariously bad. Did you give it to the same guys that did the Localisation for Red Harvest in Arma 2? Because that was (in parts) also hillariously different from what you could hear the people speak.

yea agreed. i literally don't know what it's trying to tell me in some cases :D

and i have a small request for the launcher. i recently started using it and i have to say that i really like it. it's simple and effective. just what is needed. and while combining workshop addons and manually installed ones is already pretty convenient, i would really like to see the launcher detect @ folders like the ingame expansion menu does.

that way all addons, workshop or not, could be in one list. i mean it might sound like a small thing but seeing how the game already is able to detect @ folders i'd say it's a must to add this. it would make this thing pretty much perfect in my opinion.

i'm usually not the kind of guy who uses launchers since they are very cluttered and unintuitive most of the time but this thing is simply convenient as fuck so i have no choice ;) so please make it perfect

Does the latest dev contains the desync fix what was mentioned in sitrep? We notice huge desync. We both have red chain. I(server) see every movement but my friend(client) don't see my movement. Restarting the game helped for a time(5-10m), but we can't diagnose the issue.

yes i had the same thing happen to me and a friend yesterday. i happened in every mission we tried. i slowly cycled thropugh smaller and smaller missions on smaller and smaller terrains to track it down but the conclusion was that it'S the game itself.

it literally makes it unplayable and broken. i will test the same with the stable build today to see if it's the dev branch. i hope this doesn't persist since it's as sever as it gets.

Edited by Bad Benson

and i have a small request for the launcher. i recently started using it and i have to say that i really like it. it's simple and effective. just what is needed. and while combining workshop addons and manually installed ones is already pretty convenient, i would really like to see the launcher detect @ folders like the ingame expansion menu does.

that way all addons, workshop or not, could be in one list. i mean it might sound like a small thing but seeing how the game already is able to detect @ folders i'd say it's a must to add this. it would make this thing pretty much perfect in my opinion.

Yes please.

Yay!

That is one of the big features coming up for Launcher indeed.

That is one of the big features coming up for Launcher indeed.

:yay:

thank you!

the only feature i wanna have is the steam browser join a server and then sync the addons with server.

the only feature i wanna have is the steam browser join a server and then sync the addons with server.

on that topic. i recently foudn out about hte mod collections you can make on steam. once (if ever) most addons are available on workshop mission makers should start linking to a collection of all needed mods for a mission. some already do it and with armaholic links too.

i'm not sure how i feel about direct download. it would be great indeed but some mods are pretty big. not something you quickly get just before joining. but i guess it's not that bad since terrains are usaully the biggest downloads and you most of the time already have them if you intend to play on them.

Hey, fences need to survive in the wintertime too! :D

But yeah really, its legit weird.

With no jumping in vanilla, fences are essentially the bane of every players exsistence, its funny how they are annoying in thermals too.

Not to mention how ai feel about fences. Lol

Ai get stuck since Rev 126785

Okay

Here is a simple Mission Repro :http://getwebb.org/v/pCo91efP (compressed file, rename pCo91efP.zip or rar)

Look at the Ai near you, in this case he gets stuck on the road, but the AI can stuck behind a wall or something.

Of course the leader wait for him and the group don't move anymore.

This bug breaks all infantery missions.

Edited by EricFr

Cooking convex mesh in build time (PhysX optimization)

Does this have any effect on model making/ anything new we need to know regarding convex mesh for physx in models?

Does this have any effect on model making/ anything new we need to know regarding convex mesh for physx in models?

It needs to be properly tested, TL;DR: It doesn't work at all now as it requires a new binarization with model version 60 :icon_twisted:

Longer version: Our programmers have devised a new method of baking the PhysX mesh directly into the model itself, which may improve the performance. The only challenge is in the reversed models - most of moveable models are actually used reversed (flipped front to rear) in the game according to a config parameter. As the config may not be available during the time P3D is binarized, we want to add a new property into geometry lod that describes the model as being reversed (not so surprisingly reversed = 1;), while the binarization prepares the PhysX convex mesh during the process and turns it correctly. The game should take a look into the model and use the pre-created PhysX mesh if it finds it inside, which should be faster than creating it on the fly. Don't be afraid, if it is going to produce reasonable results, weľl let the community know, but we aim for backwards compatibility in models :icon_twisted:

Current build shows horrible infantry pathfinding issues to me (on Altis).

I see:

* Groups unable to navigate through cities / villages when in combat mode. Units just spread and move back and forth, formation is ignored and group movement is extremely uncertain.

* Units are falling off bridges (e.g. NE of Kavala).

* Units are sometimes going through objects (walls, houses).

* Units get stuck quite often. Sometimes theyend running / walking in-place, even on roads.

Pathfinding was always buggy, especially for vehicles, but it seems recent DEV builds broke infantry pathfinding even more.

There are issues with formations too, even in SAFE / CARELESS mode: for instance "staggered column" does not work at all, units move in single column.

Edited by fabrizio_T