Some weapons dont have ammo case at shooting and the gatlings on the ghost hawk has no muzzle fire.

Some weapons dont have ammo case at shooting and the gatlings on the ghost hawk has no muzzle fire.

I dont know which weapon use caseless ammo.

Katiba 6.5

Mk200 6.5

Mx 6.5

Mx Sw 6.5

Mxm 6.5

Katiba 6.5

Mk200 6.5

Mx 6.5

Mx Sw 6.5

Mxm 6.5

If in doubt, look at the magazine, they say "caseless" for the weapons that use caseless ammo.

All the weapons you have listed there use caseless ammunition. I think mostly the SDAR and Mk20 as well as most marksman and sniper rifles use normal ammo. Basically, anything 6.5 mm is caseless.

Katiba 6.5

Mk200 6.5

Mx 6.5

Mx Sw 6.5

Mxm 6.5

As captain obvious said, its because they use

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caseless_ammunition

eidt:

Ah too slow.

little bug on CSAT insignia

the patches are slightly detached from the body

patofor.jpg2014-08-17_00002.jpg

but Clanlogo is enabled or not?

Edited by Zukov

The AAF Hellcat is unable to mark / "target" units. Unlike its counterparts in both NATO's AH9 and the CSAT's Orca. Also of this helicopter don't use tracer rounds unlike the other two.

In both helicopters showcases ( helicopter and gunships ), there is a bug that when you save or autosave you appear in the middle of the sea when you load ( I guess there's something wrong with the saving coordinates ).

Also in night vision mode the instrumental of the hellcat cockpit looks weird ( when it should look blurred )

Edited by MistyRonin

The AAF Hellcat is unable to mark / "target" units. Unlike its counterparts in both NATO's AH9 and the CSAT's Orca. Also of this helicopter don't use tracer rounds unlike the other two.

Hellcat uses DAR unguided rockets so you can't lock targets. As for tracer rounds - that is strange because I can see yellow tracers when firing.

Hellcat uses DAR unguided rockets so you can't lock targets. As for tracer rounds - that is strange because I can see yellow tracers when firing.

Try it during the night, I can't see any tracer not even through NVG nor in plain sight.

And the AH9 has the same DAR unguided rockets and is able to mark the targets ( not lock ). Also both the AH9 and the Orca can mark the targets using the machineguns, the AAF Hellcat can't.

I'm using only the devbranch and no mods.

By mark targets I mean that the square appears in their position, not the diamond and the beep.

Edited by MistyRonin

Try it during the night, I can't see any tracer not even through NVG nor in plain sight.

And the AH9 has the same DAR unguided rockets and is able to mark the targets ( not lock ). Also both the AH9 and the Orca can mark the targets using the machineguns, the AAF Hellcat can't.

By mark targets I mean that the square appears in their position, not the diamond and the beep.

My Hellcat has working tracers. They're just less visible than Orca's Gatling, but definitely there.

If you have "Auto guide AT" enabled in the difficulty settings, you can lock/cycle targets with all guided/unguided weapons, except in Hellcat.

edit. And this was tested in the current release candidate.

My Hellcat has working tracers. They're just less visible than Orca's Gatling, but definitely there.

I thought that was the normal bullet, as practically doesn't shine; also in the other helicopters the tracer starts the "color line" from the machine gun muzzle; but the Hellcat "light-tracer" starts about 20 mts from the muzzle.

If you have "Auto guide AT" enabled in the difficulty settings, you can lock/cycle targets with all guided/unguided weapons, except in Hellcat.

It seems that I have that option enabled ( I reinstalled the game this last weekend due to Windows issues ).

But it's weird that the Hellcat doesn't have that option while all the others do. It neither has it for the machine guns ( while the others do too ).

Discovered a sweet new feature - Tailrotors now kill you when they are spinning. Finally! [LATEST DEV BRANCH]

Yeah, the "Auto guide AT" is a weird little setting. With it enabled you can even lock people with vehicle HMGs, but I've never seen it guide any ATs.

I thought that was the normal bullet, as practically doesn't shine; also in the other helicopters the tracer starts the "color line" from the machine gun muzzle; but the Hellcat "light-tracer" starts about 20 mts from the muzzle.

Non-tracers are 100% invisible in Arma, except AT-rockets and such.

Tracers igniting before leaving muzzle is unrealistic. IRL they ignite a few meters downrange. The exact range where they light up and extinguish is different for each type of ammunition.

In the mod Swedish Forces Pack I have researched and tuned most tracers to realistic values (ignition time, range where it extinguishes and correct colour).

Edit: The yellow tracers are very hard to see against certain types of terrain during daylight. Maybe thats what happened to you?

Edited by Brisse

Added: New commands for working with Future / Render visual state information

Any more information on this (what it is, for example) ?

Any more information on this (what it is, for example) ?

There's going to be a proper documentation soonTM :icon_twisted:

Oh, now I get it. The problem is probably the FLIR turret on Hellcat - can check it but not really sure if it can be fixed.

Engine on / off can be bound to a key in controls options

Cant find this anywhere in control options. Which sub-category is this supposed to be under?

Also I've never noticed this before but the main menu background music cuts out when you enter a control configuration screen, then returns when you go back to the main controls menu. Not the worst problem in the world but it seemed odd to me. Bug or working as intended?

Oh, now I get it. The problem is probably the FLIR turret on Hellcat - can check it but not really sure if it can be fixed.

It would be really cool if you can manage to fix it ( specially having the new helos DLC incoming ) :)

I like to play Arma quite hardcore, but my ability is limited and using the new flying system the marking tool helps a lot ( but if not I'll put my best to learn without visual aid ).

In any case. Could it be possible to apply the same solution that in the UAV camera? To lock the Hellcat FLIR camera to something with Control + T.

So, when will we see the shooting from vehicles, because that's pretty much the ultimate bomb. At least a teaser video would be super great!

So, when will we see the shooting from vehicles, because that's pretty much the ultimate bomb. At least a teaser video would be super great!

It's indeed such an important feature it must be tested properly on dev.branch before it gets released, I hope sooner than later.