It's indeed such an important feature it must be tested properly on dev.branch before it gets released, I hope sooner than later.

I think It cannot take much time to make. But I remember they once said It's not possible in this engine but they said that also about APS and few days after release Bakerman posted it as addon.. EVERYTHING is possible. Besides that, It's just animations and maybe some minor engine changes. But yeah we should be patient..

There's a difference between doing it the Bakerman way and doing it the way BI considers right... though as for the how of it, Google the VBS3 manual for one possibility.

There's going to be a proper documentation soonTM :icon_twisted:

I'm so hyped right now

I'm so hyped right now

Don't get too hyped. From what I understand, it's mostly about these scripting commands. (And perhaps some others that have yet to be documented. Btw. kudos to Killzone Kid for documenting.)

The commands are obviously useful, but it's not really something to get hyped about.

Don't get too hyped. From what I understand, it's mostly about these scripting commands. (And perhaps some others that have yet to be documented. Btw. kudos to Killzone Kid for documenting.)

The commands are obviously useful, but it's not really something to get hyped about.

Yep, You are right, and as Killzone Kid has already done the documentation, there is nothing more to expect at this moment, more could possibly be done in the future, but no promises in here :icon_twisted:

Still getting crashes often when in map view (Fault address: 01543AB8 02:00050AB8 G:\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\arma3.exe), maybe related if having HC "view" enabled. Have been gathering crash dumps here (including the physX-crashes):

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=19229

If the script command gives us an alternative or fixes modeltworld then that means my apache might get to be fully functional in Arma 3, so on a personal level I'm very hyped.

The apache would only be the beginning....

• Added: Main rotor of helicopters is properly hidden when damaged by impacts

Doesn't seem to work. Tested with all BLUFOR helis so far, but no amount of damage to the main rotor will hide it.

Bugs, Bugs, Everywhere! :butbut:

1) Hold breath is broken. It simple don't work.

This bug still present. Extremely annoying.

2) When you hit an Enemy, pain sound is coming from player.

3) Burning sound is missing for some destroyed vehicles

Comparison:

Choper destroyed (you can hear the burning sound coming from the Choper)

Vehicles destroyed (sound is missing)

Edited by Danil-ch

Can confirm all of the above. In addition, I usually have my hold breath key mapped to hold right mouse button. Bringing up/down sights is mapped to click right mouse button. Before, this was not a problem. Now when ever I hold right click to hold breath it simply brings down/up the sights. Not sure if this is because hold breath doesn't work, or another issue.

Doesn't seem to work. Tested with all BLUFOR helis so far, but no amount of damage to the main rotor will hide it.

Could You, please, elaborate more on the way You have inflicted the damage? There is a difference between setting the damage, shooting to the rotor and the impact damage that has been added thanks to Dr. Hladik's personal involvement (the animation source RotorHFullyDestroyed described on wiki) - the first two ways don't make the rotor disappear, but hitting something with the rotor causes its destruction and it's not visible anymore (lets say it went somewhere else for sake of simplicity, but You know what's going on :icon_twisted:)

Could You, please, elaborate more on the way You have inflicted the damage? There is a difference between setting the damage, shooting to the rotor and the impact damage that has been added thanks to Dr. Hladik's personal involvement (the animation source RotorHFullyDestroyed described on wiki) - the first two ways don't make the rotor disappear, but hitting something with the rotor causes its destruction and it's not visible anymore (lets say it went somewhere else for sake of simplicity, but You know what's going on :icon_twisted:)

I was colliding with a building, so it should be impact damage. Here's an rpt dump using the HandleDamage EH when hitting the main rotor on a building in an AH-9:

[b Alpha 1-1:1 (MadDogX),"",0.00937532,B Alpha 1-1:1 (MadDogX),""]

[b Alpha 1-1:1 (MadDogX),"fuel_hit",0.0763685,B Alpha 1-1:1 (MadDogX),""]

[b Alpha 1-1:1 (MadDogX),"hull_hit",0,B Alpha 1-1:1 (MadDogX),""]

[b Alpha 1-1:1 (MadDogX),"engine_hit",0.211165,B Alpha 1-1:1 (MadDogX),""]

[b Alpha 1-1:1 (MadDogX),"avionics_hit",0.2,B Alpha 1-1:1 (MadDogX),""]

[b Alpha 1-1:1 (MadDogX),"main_rotor_hit",1.08333,B Alpha 1-1:1 (MadDogX),""]

[b Alpha 1-1:1 (MadDogX),"tail_rotor_hit",0.0393707,B Alpha 1-1:1 (MadDogX),""]

[b Alpha 1-1:1 (MadDogX),"glass1",0.2,B Alpha 1-1:1 (MadDogX),""]

[b Alpha 1-1:1 (MadDogX),"glass2",0.2,B Alpha 1-1:1 (MadDogX),""]

[b Alpha 1-1:1 (MadDogX),"glass3",0.153634,B Alpha 1-1:1 (MadDogX),""]

[b Alpha 1-1:1 (MadDogX),"glass4",0.2,B Alpha 1-1:1 (MadDogX),""]

[b Alpha 1-1:1 (MadDogX),"?",0,B Alpha 1-1:1 (MadDogX),""]

[b Alpha 1-1:1 (MadDogX),"transmission",0.0365866,B Alpha 1-1:1 (MadDogX),""]

[b Alpha 1-1:1 (MadDogX),"light_hitpoint",0.220493,B Alpha 1-1:1 (MadDogX),""]

[b Alpha 1-1:1 (MadDogX),"",0.0189632,B Alpha 1-1:1 (MadDogX),""]

[b Alpha 1-1:1 (MadDogX),"fuel_hit",0.147141,B Alpha 1-1:1 (MadDogX),""]

[b Alpha 1-1:1 (MadDogX),"hull_hit",0.00937532,B Alpha 1-1:1 (MadDogX),""]

[b Alpha 1-1:1 (MadDogX),"engine_hit",0.439641,B Alpha 1-1:1 (MadDogX),""]

[b Alpha 1-1:1 (MadDogX),"avionics_hit",0.350956,B Alpha 1-1:1 (MadDogX),""]

[b Alpha 1-1:1 (MadDogX),"main_rotor_hit",1.08333,B Alpha 1-1:1 (MadDogX),""]

[b Alpha 1-1:1 (MadDogX),"tail_rotor_hit",0.0869797,B Alpha 1-1:1 (MadDogX),""]

[b Alpha 1-1:1 (MadDogX),"glass1",0.345433,B Alpha 1-1:1 (MadDogX),""]

[b Alpha 1-1:1 (MadDogX),"glass2",0.4,B Alpha 1-1:1 (MadDogX),""]

[b Alpha 1-1:1 (MadDogX),"glass3",0.26423,B Alpha 1-1:1 (MadDogX),""]

[b Alpha 1-1:1 (MadDogX),"glass4",0.4,B Alpha 1-1:1 (MadDogX),""]

[b Alpha 1-1:1 (MadDogX),"transmission",0.0734643,B Alpha 1-1:1 (MadDogX),""]

[b Alpha 1-1:1 (MadDogX),"light_hitpoint",0.335219,B Alpha 1-1:1 (MadDogX),""]

The rotor was still visible to me, even though "main_rotor_hit" is damaged above 1.

I was colliding with a building, so it should be impact damage. Here's an rpt dump using the HandleDamage EH when hitting the main rotor on a building in an AH-9:

The rotor was still visible to me, even though "main_rotor_hit" is damaged above 1.

Strange, I'll investigate that, thanks a lot for letting us know :icon_twisted:

camera zooms out much to far / FOV

camera zooms out much to far, so you can´t really read the dashboard in fast cars.

and in jets, so you can´t read the hud or MFD anymore.

should really be disabled!

or at least able to be disabled

place a fast car or jet , fly at high speed , and see how your "arms get longer and longer ;)".

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=19366

camera zooms out much to far, so you can´t really read the dashboard in fast cars.

When you're doing 320km/h on those treacherous Altian roads, you really should keep your both eyes on the road and not the dashboard.

I seem to experience AIs are getting stuck in the open. They walk in place, ala on a treadmill. Does anyone have this?

I seem to experience AIs are getting stuck in the open. They walk in place, ala on a treadmill. Does anyone have this?

Had this too, lots of times actually.

Everytime you issue a "Treat yourself" command AI stops moving, like you disableAI "MOVE" them.

Sometimes they stop on their own, most of the time this happens in the middle of a road. Might be a coincidence.

There seems to be something going on with pathfinding, if you check the expectedDestination of the unit it's still there, the unit just stops moving at all.

camera zooms out much to far / FOV

I always wondered why they implemented it like that.

Usually it's the other way, when going fast you're focusing more, so it should actually zoom in a tiny bit, instead of zooming out.

Zooming out when going fast kind of gives me the feeling of not having the situation under control, while this would be sufficient for passengers the driver really shouldn't get this effect.

Everyone who owns a fast motorcycle or car would probably agree with me.

with current build (1.24) it's possible to run diagnostic exe in stable version. just copy it from dev branch to stable and voile. there are few bugs which you can avoid when you copy also dta folder from dev branch and later copy them to modfolder, i.e.

You A3 Folder:

[standard files]

arma3diag.exe with shortcut to launch @diag modfolder

@Diag

-->Dta

----core.pbo

----bin.pbo

Edited by Reyhard

If there wouldn't be zoom out, driving karts would be impossible. The FoV is too near with those. Though if toggle zoom out did work it wouldn't be that bad thing...

Lower FoV with flying vehicles would be welcome like you said.

Well, being ArmA a military simulator I really hope it's not karts the reason these design choices. :D

Yay!

Same here in middle of road, some thing going wrong probably with "•Small optimizations and clean-ups in pathfinding"

Haha there is a very sweet translation mistake for the german language in the A3 launcher.

It says: "Bitte beenden Sie Arma 3 weiterhin mit der Trägerrakete."

Which means: "Please exit Arma 3 with the carrier rocket."

so-neue-traegerrakete-nasa-aussehen-astronauten-ins-ferne-weltall-befoerdern--bild-nasa8132.jpg

Should I destroy my PC with a rocket to quit the game ;) I think the word "launcher" was translated into another context with google translator (There it also says "Trägerrakete")

Lol, nice.

Someone used google translate!

It's funny, because I have seen bi devs speak german before on videos.

(Some arma 3 early alpha preview a year or so ago, some bi dev or employee is speaking german to a german gaming news channel)