Monday ~110 MB

Tuesday ~ 230 MB

I guess everyone qualified to compile the changelogs are at the Game dev conference. :icon_twisted:

Are the devs that busy that they are not able to write the damn changelogs now? ... :rolleyes:

Have you verified integrity of game cache via steam? As it maybe your game files were corrupted or not all files downloaded!

I do the above every time the dev build is updated prior to playing the game.

thanks for the advice but i tried that and nothing happened. it just gives me a steam popup saying 'validating arma 3 file (1 of 1)' and its stuck on 0%. hurrrr what do i do.

Mhmm, maybe it is our task to find out what's new? Hope to see some flight model improvements!

Guys, I would like to gain support of the following issue, if you agree, please vote the ticket.

Weapon and grenade switch controls should first bring up the weapon-HUD to show the current selection before changing it

The current behavior of the "weapon mode or grenade switch control" is to immediately change the current mode or grenade (throwable item) without giving the player the option to check what is currently selected. This means that in most cases, there is no way to check what grenade or weapon mode you currently have selected without switching it. This means bad usability and bad user experience. When the HUD is "asleep" the first control execution should fire turn it on, to allow the player to see what is currently selected.

The ticket description include a thorough analysis of why the current behavior is wrong (including an answer to the argument of the "check the visual condition of the fire mode switch lever")

In Arma 2 the behavior was correct, it was changed down the road in Arma 3, and for the worse. It's just a simple change and would mean a lot.

thanks for the advice but i tried that and nothing happened. it just gives me a steam popup saying 'validating arma 3 file (1 of 1)' and its stuck on 0%. hurrrr what do i do.

In that case, only other thing i can think off is a complete uninstall and re-installation of the game and see what happens then. If that doesn't work then it may be an issue with your steam client. Though if other recently updated games (updated yesterday or after) work then i can't see it being steam.

Guys, I would like to gain support of the following issue, if you agree, please vote the ticket.

Upvoted. Especially for grenades this is extremely annoying, since I have a setup with double-tab G to throw and CTRL-G to cycle through grenades. When I cycle too quickly, the double-tab ignores the control key and throws a grenade... I'll be lucky if it is just a smoke.

Upvoted. Especially for grenades this is extremely annoying, since I have a setup with double-tab G to throw and CTRL-G to cycle through grenades. When I cycle too quickly, the double-tab ignores the control key and throws a grenade... I'll be lucky if it is just a smoke.

b2h2f.jpg

Credits goes to Greenfist

Edited by Variable

there is a chance that the dev's insert a word "camo" to enable the hidden selection on OPFOR vests and helmets? in this case we have more colors without build a mod

I checked the models. Helmets shall work since they do have camo selections. Vests have either camo selection, or camo1 and camo2 selections. In some cases, adding "hiddenSelectionsTextures" is not enough and "hiddenSelections" array has to be added to your config as well (due to the parent class having no hiddenSelections defined). If some concrete pieces of equipment give you any trouble, please let me know.

"End up scrolling through all my chemlights, smokes of 3 different colours, IR and mini grenades to get to the frag that was already selected. Takes at least two full cycles but usually I'm already dead by the time I get there."

- Dead Meat Brian, surrounded by brightly colored smoke.

Edited by Greenfist

"End up scrolling through all my chemlights, smokes of 3 different colours, IR and mini grenades to get to the frag that was already selected. Takes at least two full cycles to get there but usually I'm already dead by the time I get there."

- Dead Meat Brian, surrounded by brightly colored smoke.

Too true man... I'll update the mem :)

I actually find myself limiting the type of items I carry just so I won't have to scroll through all of them whenever I want to make sure I have frags selected. When a player need to factor that in, it means the design is wrong...

Edited by Variable

I checked the models. Helmets shall work since they do have camo selections. Vests have either camo selection, or camo1 and camo2 selections. In some cases, adding "hiddenSelectionsTextures" is not enough and "hiddenSelections" array has to be added to your config as well (due to the parent class having no hiddenSelections defined). If some concrete pieces of equipment give you any trouble, please let me know.

isn't possible to add a black texture to a normal Opfor helmets

this setObjectTexture [0, "\a3\characters_f\OPFOR\Data\tech_rus_co.paa"];

and "Harness" vests granadier and norrmal soldier doesnt't work with custom skin

anyone else getting more crashes. it seems linked to the physx module (at least thats what the microsoft crash window says.

Fault address: 70DC039F 01:0012F39F C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\PhysX3_x86.dll

file: AAAA%20DAC%20PRE%20MP%20TEST%20

world: Altis

Prev. code bytes: 0F 84 8E 00 00 00 8B 47 70 85 C0 75 03 8B 47 74

Fault code bytes: 8B 40 60 85 C0 74 0A 8B 4E 5C 57 50 E8 D0 EC 01

Registers:

EAX:00000000 EBX:6CDB5600

ECX:08788110 EDX:91DAEA30

ESI:08788110 EDI:7B7F0C00

CS:EIP:0023:70DC039F

SS:ESP:002B:0208F330 EBP:0208F338

DS:002B ES:002B FS:0053 GS:002B

Flags:00010246

it is happening after 2 or 3 sessions gaming.

isn't possible to add a black texture to a normal Opfor helmets
this setObjectTexture [0, "\a3\characters_f\OPFOR\Data\tech_rus_co.paa"];

and "Harness" vests granadier and norrmal soldier doesnt't work with custom skin

You can't use setobjecttexture on items carried by a unit: "this" always refers to the unit carrying the item, not the item itself. AFAIK there is no way to target an item in a unit's inventory directly, since all commands that refer to the unit's inventory just return generic classnames for the items, not specific object identities.

The only way you can retexture things like weapons, helmets, hats, body armour and rucksacks is to do it via a config: Making a new class and changing the accompanying hiddenSelectionsTextures & hiddenSelectionsMaterials arrays.

You can't use setobjecttexture on items carried by a unit: "this" always refers to the unit carrying the item, not the item itself. AFAIK there is no way to target an item in a unit's inventory directly, since all commands that refer to the unit's inventory just return generic classnames for the items, not specific object identities.

The only way you can retexture things like weapons, helmets, hats, body armour and rucksacks is to do it via a config: Making a new class and changing the accompanying hiddenSelectionsTextures & hiddenSelectionsMaterials arrays.

i believed that is possible with gear too!

i'm struggling from weeks with this thing

my wishes is always to avoid to make a mod for everything anyway for me the harness vest don't have hidden selections

…

Both Harnesses and Helmets need to be retextured in a config. Classes of the harnesses you want change have no camo selection set and models have camo1 and camo2 selection. So your retextured class needs this in its config:

hiddenSelections[] = {"camo1","camo2"};
hiddenSelectionsTextures[] = {"<texture1>","<texture2>"};

Helmets have camo selection (which is also defined in their classes) and can be retextured via config with hiddenSelectionsTextures.

Hope this helps. :)

Unarmed Hellcat is completely broken in latest dev.

Are you sure? I were flying it a few hours ago and had no problems.

Are you sure? I were flying it a few hours ago and had no problems.

Good call, turns out it was a mod conflict. Weird though.

Updated: Adjusted sound of fire mode selector on the Khaybar rifle

Are we using the real designations now? In the armaverse it's called the "Katiba", remember? :D

---------- Post added at 09:33 ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 ----------

Am I the only one with no vehicle sound in first person mode after latest update?

I had this problem as well.

Am I the only one with no vehicle sound in first person mode after latest update?

Yeap.

The current behavior of the "weapon mode or grenade switch control" is to immediately change the current mode or grenade (throwable item) without giving the player the option to check what is currently selected.

Agreed. Basically, what you have no is the ability to check what your fire mode or grenade WAS, not what it currently IS.

On SOME weapons, you can check the fire mode switch (IF the weapon has a working firemode switch, AND it is visible, AND it does NOT have a grenade launcher which is not visible whether it's selected or not). For grenades, though, there is no indicator whatsoever. In the current version, you can NOT find out what your current grenade is without switching the grenade, or the fire mode on your weapon. I find the idea of being forced to cycle through your gun's fire modes just to check which grenade you'd be about to throw utterly confusing. And cycling through 7 grenade type (the typical loadout on a squad leader) to get the right one is ridiculous...

This whole issue is a common problem. Just listen to how many time your fellow players cycle through fire modes just to see what they are on.

I find it sad that after speeding up grenade throwing so much in Arma 3 as opposed to Arma 2, Arma 3 makes it much more difficult to know what grenade you are using...

Wasn't it like that in the beginning, during alpha iirc, but then it was changed to current behavior for some odd reason?

Upvoted.