Ye i have noticed the missing smoke from MX - there must be some bug related to those smoke particles

Whoa! I like how the aim is thrown off when the character needs to move his feet or body when turning around. Awesome :D

Can you explain this a bit? I dont see anything new.

VR entity's aren't wearing sunglasses for me, unless you mean the VR soldiers instead. Still, the new goggles and suit are neat. Also, bandanas and balaclavas. Such a shame you can't wear them with glasses, AND have a hat.

But yeah, the bootcamp is broken. Also, going into editor I can't use the Zeus GM module without it telling me something about cfg patches and the bootcamp update. So now I can't make Zeus SP. Haven't tried to use one of the MP ZGM missions though, maybe those still work. Hopefully a hotfix will be released late today?

Edited by Kilroy the Nerd

VR entity's aren't wearing sunglasses for me, unless you mean the VR soldiers instead. Still, the new goggles and suit are neat. Also, bandanas and balaclavas. Such a shame you can't wear them with glasses, AND have a hat.

Weird, for me they are all wearing black sunglasses... I think I have that configured in my profile too so it might be it is using those. Wonder if there is a way to change the color of VR entities.

Also, do the goggles do anything except for the trendy look?

Can you explain this a bit? I dont see anything new.

Make sure you have todays update. Aim down your sights and start to rotate the character by moving your aim left or right. It should be pretty obvious.

Edit: Try while crouching or prone and it is even more obvious.

Edited by Brisse

nice headgears additions!

a suggestion there is a cap for the opfor side only in hex/woodland camo; would be nice a urban csat version

Make sure you have todays update. Aim down your sights and start to rotate the character by moving your aim left or right. It should be pretty obvious.

Especially obvious when looking down as well and using iron sights. That's a cool feature.

I'm also liking the new fatigue effects, for fun I gave a guy the heaviest loadout I could think of, M320, Ammo bearer's carryall backpack, Carrier Special Rig (full of stuff), Titan AA launcher, uniform full of stuff. You aren't going to be running very far like that that's for sure! Also when jogging with your weapon up you can now see it move around depending on your fatigue, it looks great.

Concur with the MX bug as well.

Would also be nice if the OpFor uniform(black) was actually black to match the Assassin(black) helmet.

Any idea where the news commands / classnames can be found? Or do they arrive later? FIA look awesome! :)

Do you mean the additional "rotation" of the weapon when the character is moving his feet? Okay, I thought that it was in the game before, maybe less visible. But yeah, it is a pretty cool feature! The new Offroads camo looks great, and the sniper rifle camos gives some more diversity.

Firing effects are missing (no smoke, no backblast, no distant hit effect)

Awhile ago BI changed the impact effects, only dustier/softer ground surfaces have dust, more solid ground just has bullet holes. Realistic. Sometimes bullets go into the ground with minimal fuss. On other surfaces they will make a puff of particulate.

Any idea where the news commands / classnames can be found? Or do they arrive later? FIA look awesome! :)

For the balaclavas and stuff? Balaclaves count as glasses so cfgGlasses, everything else is in the usual places, mostly cfgWeapons.

Also the bug where there is not muzzle flash or gun smoke affects the M2 .50 HMG fitted on FIA's "offroad armed."

Is it only me, or is there a new sign at the enterance of Kamino Firing Range? It says something like "Welcome to Altis Armed Forces sniper school, unload your weapon upon entry" :D

Would also be nice if the OpFor uniform(black) was actually black to match the Assassin(black) helmet.

yes ! +1

Do you mean the additional "rotation" of the weapon when the character is moving his feet? Okay, I thought that it was in the game before, maybe less visible. But yeah, it is a pretty cool feature! The new Offroads camo looks great, and the sniper rifle camos gives some more diversity.

Maybe it was. I have not noticed it until today though. Weapon Sway is compleatly overhauled in todays build.

Awhile ago BI changed the impact effects, only dustier/softer ground surfaces have dust, more solid ground just has bullet holes. Realistic. Sometimes bullets go into the ground with minimal fuss. On other surfaces they will make a puff of particulate.

Cool. I always though it was a bit easy to spot the hits on most surfaces.

Yeah, this is it. The chance of dust depends on surface and caliber. (And probably humidity, but I guess that was already in?)

In my opinion, the weapons sway/twitch in quick turns should be much bigger. Now it's just for cool looks while it should have gameplay impact also.

btw this smoke effect from MX , isnt working in the latest dev version

(old video showing the effect)

In my opinion, the weapons sway/twitch in quick turns should be much bigger. Now it's just for cool looks while it should have gameplay impact also.

Yep, there's too little difference between an LMG and an SMG, in my opinion LMGs could be all over the place when turning quick.

Yep, there's too little difference between an LMG and an SMG, in my opinion LMGs could be all over the place when turning quick.

• Overhauled weapon sway available in dev-branch (no inertia yet)

when we get the weapon inertia , there should be a bigger difference :p

when we get the weapon inertia , there should be a bigger difference :p

Ah, looking forward to that, dunno how I missed it, thanks!

Ah, looking forward to that, dunno how I missed it, thanks!

This smoke effect isn't working for every weapon in the game. :(

Nice! Thanks, Jona33 - seems some of the face masks are classed as goggles too. Anyone found the sandbagged sentry post yet?