I just tried this and I was wrong:

- 'Regroup' will cancel engaged target and the mate will return to formation. (before and after he starts shooting)

- 'Disengage' does nothing. Ever. It's not a 'fall back' command as you might expect.

- 'No target' will not cancel the engagement and the mate will not return to formation. (even if he haven't started shooting the target)

- Weird: After the mate is back in formation, with no target, I issue him the same target again, he will move to engage it immediately. If assigned a different target, he will not leave the formation unless told otherwise. So the engage command will always be remembered for that particular target.

The behaviour is broken. See my ticket in the signature.

However, the intended behaviour is this:

Engage = attack that specific target and nothing else. If ordered to regroup or given a different target then forget about the engage command.

Engage at will = continue attacking any target that is given to you. If ordered to regroup, re-analyse the situation and attack again if the target is still visible (or reachable - dunno exactly how AI evaluates this).

Disengage = disable the "Engage at will" command completely. If the target is given, just aim at it but do not chase it.

I am not exactly sure how rebreathers work, but it would be interesting to see some other options for breathing gear.

The rebreather should have limited time, as it does in real life. It should produce no bubbles (it's already this way).

There should be a scuba option (with an oxygen tank; it would take up the backpack slot instead of the vest slot),

and would have limited time, but much more than a rebreather. Each breath would send bubbles to the surface, which could potentially be spotted by the enemy, giving away your position.

And maybe a smaller inventory item that would function the same as a scuba tank, but fit in a backpack.

This would allow you to carry both a vest and backpack (since neither are taken up by breathing apparatus).

However, the drawback to such a system would be significantly reduced diving time.

Perhaps we could even have a small system that is made up of just a mask with a very small oxygen bottle on it, which would allow a unit to dive without any diving gear, but would only allow for a very short dive (5 - 7 minutes).

I am not sure how long the other systems would last underwater (and any other drawbacks or advantages I don't know about), that is up for you diving experts to say :)

"Decrease vertical movement of secondary weapon sway class"

Is this scope-bobbing? If so, I hope its fixed for good.

"Increased negative effect of damage over secondary weapon sway class. It should be hard to aim with crippled hands."

Does this affect AI too or only us? Cause damage to AI doesn't seem to do anything, until they are dead.

This change seems to have removed the location-based hit animations. Before, the unit peformed a different ragodoll animation depending on where he was hit. Now the unit just flinches and his rifle spins around in his hands at impossible angles and then returns to normal, which was also happening before.

Darn, I was just going to ask if that fix made it so they stop spazzing out every time you shoot them. Sounds like not... :(

I guess it may not be "realistic", but I'd prefer no flinching and a bit of blood mist to indicate a hit rather than the crazy twitch dance they do now when you shoot them.

I am not exactly sure how rebreathers work, but it would be interesting to see some other options for breathing gear.

The rebreather should have limited time, as it does in real life. It should produce no bubbles (it's already this way).

There should be a scuba option (with an oxygen tank; it would take up the backpack slot instead of the vest slot),

and would have limited time, but much more than a rebreather. Each breath would send bubbles to the surface, which could potentially be spotted by the enemy, giving away your position.

And maybe a smaller inventory item that would function the same as a scuba tank, but fit in a backpack.

This would allow you to carry both a vest and backpack (since neither are taken up by breathing apparatus).

However, the drawback to such a system would be significantly reduced diving time.

Perhaps we could even have a small system that is made up of just a mask with a very small oxygen bottle on it, which would allow a unit to dive without any diving gear, but would only allow for a very short dive (5 - 7 minutes).

I am not sure how long the other systems would last underwater (and any other drawbacks or advantages I don't know about), that is up for you diving experts to say :)

Well it's dependent of how low you diving. more low you will have more Nitrogen in you body, more low you will breath more.

And decompression sickness.

Anyway I hope that with the new expansion they will add some more ships, "little" ones like proper sea patrol, not only the tiny actual one. Some that could work as support, basically sea artillery ( both guns and missiles ). And maybe some big static ones, like a an aircraft carrier or a LHD that could work as a mothership for an invasion.

And decompression sickness.

Anyway I hope that with the new expansion they will add some more ships, "little" ones like proper sea patrol, not only the tiny actual one. Some that could work as support, basically sea artillery ( both guns and missiles ). And maybe some big static ones, like a an aircraft carrier or a LHD that could work as a mothership for an invasion.

Agree with you,

they can add Unmanned Surface Vessel like Rafael Advanced Defense Systems - Protector

Hello,

I'm a diver and I think that to make the game more realistic you need to make the soldier to dive at least 30 meters and more then that he will die.

Why ? Because people can't dive more then a 30 meters with out a special container, solider that dive that low are not going to combat (only sabotage or intelligence missions).

PS

There is a lot of other staff that can be add for making the game more realistic ( diving time, container statues...) , but I think i'ts to much.

With normal air you can get away with upto 60M dude, its more or less about having enough air left to do deco stops followed by surface. Recreational limits are 30M but off the books can get away with quite abit more.

Mil stuff goes much much deeper, have heard of some training missions which would terrify me (Deep dive in excess of 100M + Night + Navigate to a ship and back, plant explosives on deepest part and return to your own ship) - trainee dive instructor :)

Although the previous animations were highly exaggerated, they had potential. They needed to be toned down by about 75%. Athough obviously from the devs' perspective, that's not as easy as it it sounds.

Suppression effects are still missing though. It's all very well that the AI twitches when he gets hit, but they still recover almost immediately and just keep blasting away at you. BLAM BLAM BLAM TWITCH BLAM BLAM BLAM. I know there was a slight delay added recently so the AI has to take a second or two re-acquire you, which does help. But their rate of fire should drop a little as well, and their fatigue should probably increase slightly to simulate the stress of just having been shot. Pretty much like Arma 2.

Hello,

I'm a diver and I think that to make the game more realistic you need to make the soldier to dive at least 30 meters and more then that he will die.

Why ? Because people can't dive more then a 30 meters with out a special container, solider that dive that low are not going to combat (only sabotage or intelligence missions).

So if you'll make it happen it can be very nice.

PS

There is a lot of other staff that can be add for making the game more realistic ( diving time, container statues...) , but I think i'ts to much.

Your first statement disqualified you as a diver, the second one sealed it. No way that you have a divers license....

Hint: You can go deeper than 30m IRL with normal equipment, you just need to take extra precautions.

But I agree that the diving thing in Arma 3 is ridiculously underwhelming and unfinished.

However if you are interested in how this could be improved read my two threads here

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?156740-What-is-fundamentally-wrong-with-the-underwater-combat&highlight=diving

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?149102-Feedback-amp-Suggestions-Diving-and-underwater-combat

When will EXE rev.125433 go stable? its needed really bad atm :(

Very good question. I want to know how many weeks i need to wait till this simple Stamina/Aim Bug will be fixed in Stable version.. Ridiculous.

I'm not sure what the exact cause is, but currently if a unit receives a high level of damage, he starts moving in slow motion. Literally as if accTime has been used to slow down the game, except it's just for the damaged unit. Happens for the player and AI.

Fatigue slows down the animations. I guess damaged units have more fatigue penalty?

Oh, so this is the return of the fatigue animation slowdown. I don't remember it looking this weird. I know with the game's poor animation system a different set of fatigued animations probably couldn't be blended in very well, but it would be preferable to this. It's really very odd-looking to see a unit moving in slow-mo.

I agree, it is a bit wierd, but I think I can live with that. :D

Not to mention campaign missions like Tipping Point that require you to run like hell are now impossible to complete.

I've just spent the last hour and a half trying to get past the bit with the mortars and it's just not possible.

The mortars are too accurate, and the team to slow.

0019393: Tipping Point: Mortars + Fatigue System = Impassable

Edited by Electricleash

i like the limitation and new considerations the fatigue system brings. it is good not being able to sprint everywhere. not sure ive seen the slow motion effects. but id be surprised if thats BIS final effects. they do seem to be going for quality quite a bit these days. but who can know until devs confirm?

In my view the damage system for body arma3 is very poor and almost ridiculous. With the new system of inertia I could see that the animations have improved somewhat, now you can see how the bodies blown up if you hit them with explosive weapons. Foul + realism in the animations of the bodies when projectiles impact on parts of the body, if the projectile hits in one leg or both would be the logical thing was the animation of inability to move normally or a kind of limp. Right now in the game a shot in the legs simply has no effect and will continue running or moving normally. In my opinion I think the developers should be looking at this at some point of development and make better animations are already benefiting and lots of face injury as the main spectator is to give the pleasing effect to the eye and suit the player.

Edited by Metralla

Not to mention campaign missions like Tipping Point that require you to run like hell are now impossible to complete.

I've just spent the last hour and a half trying to get past the bit with the mortars and it's just not possible.

The mortars are too accurate, and the team to slow.

0019393: Tipping Point: Mortars + Fatigue System = Impassable

I finished Tipping Point on veteran yesterday :) I followed the coast and my team members drew the mortar fire. I basically had to crawl on the beach and stealth my way past the paratroopers. It seems the entire team likes to move really slow if one of their members is either hit in the leg and restricted to walking. They all started running again except the injured guy when the mortars started falling however.

Right now in the game a shot in the legs simply has no effect and will continue running or moving normally

Actually, you can be forced to walk sometimes if hit in legs in the game, but it seems very rare. It happens to the AI too.

Yeah I will probably end up having to do that just to pass the mission, but it irks me as I always feel I haven't finished the mission properly if any/all of my teammates die... I feel I have to protect them... poor things.

Tipping Point should be redesigned to take the fatigue changes into account.

Or they could implement some type of logical mechanism, when stuff explodes and bullets hit near you, your guy gets almost like "adrenaline" and can run at full sprint (or quickly) for a certain amount of time, or possibly some system that continues to take into account danger, then afterwards your guy is exhausted and could almost pass out or something like that.

Not that this would happen, because BI KEEPS making good ideas for systems, then half finishing them, polishing off what is half finished so it works well, and moves onto the next thing.

But they never really finish or fully expand on the routes they take, I hope they do really make a nice job with the bootcamp update.

Some of the challenges seems harder too. I'm having trouble even hitting bronze on CoF red 3.