The new Oprep is nice, I think I will replay the campaign someweher after the bootcamp upgrade.

You know , Bootcamp needs a insulting Drill instructor like from Full Metal Jacket or from Vietcong Game :D

No need to add even more Hollywood stuff. We already have enough of that in Arma3 :)

No need to add even more Hollywood stuff. We already have enough of that in Arma3 :)

Yea i know ,but still its funny :p

What is bootcamp exactly? Haven't really been keeping up with the news, is there a detailed description of what its is going to be? Is it literally just a training mission/tutorial?

What is bootcamp exactly? Haven't really been keeping up with the news, is there a detailed description of what its is going to be? Is it literally just a training mission/tutorial?

A quote from a devblog:

Another important addition will be the release of the free 'Bootcamp' update. A tutorial-oriented package wrapped around new playable content and refined sandbox mechanics, Bootcamp’s main objective is to provide newbies with a varied introduction to the game.

You know , Bootcamp needs a insulting Drill instructor like from Full Metal Jacket or from Vietcong Game :D

Hell Yeah:yay:

You boys may be flying home next week, but if I send you back like this, Uncle Sam will think we're running a holiday camp out here...If anyone needs to shape up, Armstrong, it's you. I've seen Sumo wrestlers with flatter stomachs than yours!
:rofl:

Hollywood? Without any irony I can tell you that it's fairly accurate to real life to have a man berate you constantly in training.

You boys may be flying home next week, but if I send you back like this, Uncle Sam will think we're running a holiday camp out here...If anyone needs to shape up, Armstrong, it's you. I've seen Sumo wrestlers with flatter stomachs than yours!

Just put this in and replace Armstrong with Kerry

Wrong texture terrain since 125317 (or just before?)

With terrain on high, very high or Ultra.

http://getwebb.org/v/FVEg1l8J

The problem dissapears with terrain normal or low, or if shadow is disabled.

I73770 GTX 660 Driver 337.88

Hollywood? Without any irony I can tell you that it's fairly accurate to real life to have a man berate you constantly in training.

I am an ex soldier. I know that stuff can happen sometimes, but bootcamp IRL is nothing like in Hollywood.

Maybe in the United States, not so much in european countries.

I can tell you that the finnish approach to training new conscripts isn't breaking them down mentally and reconstructing them to be the "ultimate warrior". It's quite the opposite.

probably just less funny dialogues.

There is also a difference whether the soldiers are conscripts that cannot evade any sadistic drills (the alternative being jail for a prolonged time), or if they are voluntary professionals who can always quit and just do another job if they don't like it anymore. In the latter case, the drill instructor must motivate them (to withstand their own pain and exhaustion to increase physical fitness, just like a pro athlete) instead of giving way to his perverted torture phantasies.

Yes, we plan to release a devblog on the topic ahead of its dev-branch staging. Like Zeus DLC, it'll also be supported by some dedicated web page, marketing assets, etc.

As we said in the roadmap, Bootcamp Update is built around bringing tutorial content to new (and existing) players, refining some core mechanics (fatigue, weapon handling), and integrating the game launcher and Steam Addon Workshop support. Plus a few splendid extras. :)

Overall, it's being worked on in parallel with the DLCs, expansion, and general/continuous updates so, by necessity, it's a fairly modest package, but it's shaping up pretty nicely so far!

Best,

RIE

Yes, we plan to release a devblog on the topic ahead of its dev-branch staging. Like Zeus DLC, it'll also be supported by some dedicated web page, marketing assets, etc.

As we said in the roadmap, Bootcamp Update is built around bringing tutorial content to new (and existing) players, refining some core mechanics (fatigue, weapon handling), and integrating the game launcher and Steam Addon Workshop support. Plus a few splendid extras. :)

Overall, it's being worked on in parallel with the DLCs, expansion, and general/continuous updates so, by necessity, it's a fairly modest package, but it's shaping up pretty nicely so far!

Best,

RIE

Cool, just wanted to send a general thanks your way for continued development. Appreciated :)

This have been up before but since I noticed you offered a separate Steam branch for the 'Release Candidate Build' (access code Update122Arma3Splendid) will it be possible to do the same for future dev-builds so you don't have to go to various and tedious tricks to have stable and dev-branch installed at the same time?

BTW: Whats up with the A3 web site?

/KC

Edited by KeyCat

the RC branch is done exactly the same way how DEV branch ... it just need password ...

I believe that many players don't like the current view angle of holding a rifle in the 1st person view.Always makes you feel like the head camera(viewpilot in config) are a little bit higher, lefter and forwarder. So you would be able to get a good immersion of shooting, and not authentic too. Sadly,there is not a parameter allows us to adjust the position(just like the extCameraPosition did for adjusting 3rdperson view). So I expect BIS could add such a parameter(could be named "intCameraposition[] = {x,y,x}"), which should subject to the cfgWeapons and cfgVehicles,thus we could adjust freely the head camera position according to the weapon you hold or the vehicle we sit in.

To explicit what I'm saying, pls take look at those pictures:https://www.flickr.com/photos/125584431@N07/

All the pictures are screenshots in game.How did I achieve this?I just changed the pilot memory point position of the arma3 soldier templates.

For those who want to taste my presentation, may download this:http://1drv.ms/1pXUY66

And don't forget to help vote the suggestion, http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=19335, so that BIS devs could hear this and put it into practise, thanks!

Edited by Lao Fei Mao

Great idea - with default view the regular rifles looks fine but as you can see with the PDW one thats way too close , your adjusted one is how it supposed to be :)

For the PDW I concur, but with the rifles I'm against your proposition. I think moving the rifle up and to the left would significantly lessen the overall awareness, as the rifle would obstruct the player's view more than necessary. Positioning a weapon in a first person game is a delicate act of balance between realism and gaminess, as realism in this regard might be in the way of enjoying the game. Especially people with smaller screens will have a problem with your suggestion.

For the PDW I concur, but with the rifles I'm against your proposition. I think moving the rifle up and to the left would significantly lessen the overall awareness, as the rifle would obstruct the player's view more than necessary. Positioning a weapon in a first person game is a delicate act of balance between realism and gaminess, as realism in this regard might be in the way of enjoying the game. Especially people with smaller screens will have a problem with your suggestion.

I agree.

I agree with this, the rifles further up, are to me, too well, 'gamey', makes little sense to some, but great sense to me..;) A3 has gone too far in that direction already.

Did you notice that the default sight actually block your eyes, especially the right screen?