I didn't like the old camo shirt, I though it looked kind of rushed (same for the offroad paint jobs), but I think it should still be one of the uniforms (or at least another retexture of it), because FIA were lacking variety and they could still use a little more. They look more like they're wearing a kind of uniform now; most units seem to be wearing green and tan. But the odd unit is wearing green and blue or blue and tan, which kind of makes them stand out.

Have you seen the Iraqi military uniforms? Blue and white in the middle of the freaking desert... Talk about stand out. Though, the FIA do count as sort of like... Ex-AFF Forces, and civilian resistance force. So it wouldn't be surprising if some of them were... Under dressed for the occasion.

I don't mean they stand out against the environment, I mean it's as if the FIA sent out an email saying "OK guys, the new FIA colours are tan and green, so make sure you get at least one shirt or pair of pants in either colour (I know alot of you have your old AAF uniforms so wearing either the smock or the pants would be fine. BUT NOT BOTH!!!!!)", and most people complied but the guy with the blue shirt and the guy with the checkered shirt and the guy with the jacket that the bandolier clips through replied with "STFU" and just did their own thing.

When did the devs start working on these permanent PhysX86.dll crashes? Ticket is set long time ago ( http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=17282 , http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=18257 ) only 2 of a couple of tickets for this problem

Or isnt it possible to fix that? I need to calm down, only had 3 x86.dll crashes today, far below compared to other days....

A real and true answer would be great and really appreciateted :mad:

Yep, I noticed that too. But maybe it just looks different because of the grey background.

But is there a lake on the VR map?

Top right corner there is a small pool. :)

No. I loved the camo pattern for the FIA Rifleman, Rifleman light, Miller, Ammo bearere, etc.. now it's completely gone.

Not completely gone - copy and paste the .paa files and use the setObjectTexture command! :)

I prefer the new pattern but I think it would be good if they left the old one in as well, the more the merrier really. I think the randomized headgear is OK actually, booniehats, beanie's and caps seem to be most common, generally with face masks (for the lower half of the face.) You see a few guys with Shemaghs and balaclavas too, overall I'd say FIA look much more like Guerilla fighters now.

the m320 rifle new camo is atrocious

Heh, when I saw it I said to myself "This looks very Battlefield 4."

It's not that bad, just kinda out of place in the Med.

Also: Holy VR performance Batman! I haven't had these many frames since forever!

Overall I like the new weapon sway mechanics. I only have 2 problems with it, neither of which involve how the sway works but just the amount.

1. Impact of small damage on sway is a bit too much

2. Induced sway due to movement speed is high

Great work bis!

Edited by BinaryMan

I had more frames in a second running the VR map than all frames combined during a normal arma session :)

The VR cube is what happens when you smash the optimization button with a mallet, the game converts everything to a tiled 1024x1024? most texture with no geometry other than a plane with an environmental map to make it look like the ends...at least I think it is, still trying to figure that one out, such a mindscrew...

Either way I'm curious to see what will come of it, offers a great new playground for people to test and try all sorts of things, its giving me flashbacks of good times in CSS minigames http://www.dying2kill.com.au/showthread.php/17766-Bob2-Guide-Tips-and-Tricks.

Edited by NodUnit

The VR cube is what happens when you smash the optimization button with a mallet, the game converts everything to a tiled 1024x1024? most texture with no geometry other than a plane with an environmental map to make it look like the ends...at least I think it is, still trying to figure that one out, such a mindscrew...

The other sides are the skybox, true to it's name this time. :p

Try flying on the VR map with no objects, messes with your head.

whats the ID of the VR-Map (for startup parameter -world=...)?

The other sides are the skybox, true to it's name this time. :p

Try flying on the VR map with no objects, messes with your head.

It's like some bad tripping.."I can get to the wall!...I can do it! I can do it!...I think it's moving..." very nicely made skybox though.

whats the ID of the VR-Map (for startup parameter -world=...)?

Map_VR

VR Arsenal is very nice - just you cant add any attachments to rifles except M200 and pistols

also a weapons only viewer would be nice like from A2

btw when you test a weapon - it reminds me alot like

:D

Can't get the -world=Map_VR to work, all I can see is this:

6rKEfF8.jpg

been like that since alpha, no idea what was causing this, using -world=emtpy or -world=Altis or -world=Stratis all leads to the same result...

I even opted out from devbranch to stable, result is still the same...

Any ideas?

Can't get the -world=Map_VR to work, all I can see is this:

http://i.imgur.com/6rKEfF8.jpg

been like that since alpha, no idea what was causing this, using -world=emtpy or -world=Altis or -world=Stratis all leads to the same result...

I even opted out from devbranch to stable, result is still the same...

Any ideas?

A wild guess; you're using the startup parameter -skipIntro also? It disables the background intro.

Fixed: Error in modules while reading cfgAddons

Problem still persists.

in the VR arsenal I can't add any attachement to my weapon, they don't appear in the list on the right of the screen. Anyone else has this bug ?

To Bohemia: VR Arsenal is awesome. I was expecting something more simple, but you clearly put a lot of time and thought into it :D

VR entities really shouldn't be wearing sunglasses :D

If you mean the entities in "Try" part of the Arsenal, they basically have your current loadout, so either glasses from your profile, or the ones you selected in the Arsenal are used.

The new fatigue feels good, and the ability to see how it climbs in the arsenal is pretty cool. penalty increase for crouch running is refreshing as that should be pretty tiring to do.

things are looking very good.

one thing is the weapon sway feels a bit too low in all stances but it is a good start the sway is quite noticable on longer range shots so that's nice. sway is something that is very hard to reduce in real life without a sling or bipod or other form of support. It's really nice to see you guys focusing on such a very important part of shooting and not taking the easy way out.

Edited by twisted

Thanks for reporting the issue with missing attachments, I fixed it now. Should be available tomorrow. No long-distance combat until then :D

Thanks for reporting the issue with missing attachments, I fixed it now. Should be available tomorrow. No long-distance combat until then :D

While you're at it, the script exported has the line "_unit = player;" at the beginning.

Why not make it "_unit = _this;" so you can use it like

westMan1_1 execvm "loadout1_1.sqf";

westMan1_2 execvm "loadout1_2.sqf";

westMan1_3 execvm "loadout1_3.sqf";

etc..