@ 2nd ranger

To do shiny surfaces, you need to make a "shiny" texture layer for every object I am pretty sure, it would be ridiclously impossible/laggy/glitchy/buggy to do it automatically, and probably just wouldnt work in the arma engine that way.

So I am pretty sure that just wont happen, I loved that in stalker though.

I am pretty sure that most games use some generic shader/texture layer for most, if not all, objects and terrain.

That comes down to more of a question of rvmat, since they would use several generic textures which is then painted over the surface, the rvmat would require some changing on the fly to gain reflective and glossy surface effects...supposedly its possible to swap out rvmats ingame in Arma 3 though, as long as you focus only on the high res ground level textures and ignore the satmaps otherwise it would become the biggest pain and soooooo ungodly time consuming.

Hmm interesting. I am excited to see how it works out. But I am not sure that sight misalignment alone will work that well, because with holos sights (that always point true) this will not cause any difficulty to aiming. Don't gget me wrong, sight misalignment sound good, but I don't know if that is enough. I think you need some physical limitations in there as well (opposed to just visual confusion) whether it be weapon sway, or a limit on turn speed or whatever.

Ah but I should just shut my mouth and wait until you guys actually release it before jumping to conclusions. Keep up the good work devs, I am really looking forward to this.

i agree. in arma3 the way characters hold and interact with their firearms tends to feel stiff and robot like. a little natural sway simulating the wieght of the gun and breathin helps offset this. heavier guns should actually sway more and require support to fire accurately. removing the sway would be nto such a good move forward. but i wait to see what you guys have planned. you've done some great things so far...

Edited by twisted

The latest dev build still has that massively exaggerated 1st person vertical sway in combat stance when fatigued, almost as if the rifle is vibrating up and down. Are we to take it from this:

• Overhauled inertia values for weapons and attachments. Main source of imprecision will be sights alignment, not sway distortion that will be elevated only with higher fatigue or arms damage in effect.

...that this is now a "feature"?

Hi,

BIS is currently working on some new features regarding the weapon handling, especially at fast rotations. I would like to share my idea how this problem could be solved.

In Arma you can controll three parts of your body independend from each other. You have the legs, the upper body with the weapon and the head.

We could simply use these three different parts to make the weapon handling better and to make lighter weapons more attractive for CQB.

So here are my steps for a horizontal rotation:

#1 - The real player moves his mouse fast to the left or right

#2 - The head and the view of the soldier should move 1:1 with the same speed as the mouse in the correct direction. Of course this rotation is limited by the maximum angle of the head.

#3 - At the same time, the legs of the body start to rotate 1:1 with the mouse, but this time with a limited maximum speed. This speed should be dependend on your inventory load or weight and also the fatigue level.

#4 - At the same time, the upper body with the weapon starts to rotate 1:1 with the mouse, but at a lower maximum speed. This speed should be dependend on the weight of the weapon+attachments or the weapon inertia.

So, what are the results? With this system the maximum rotation speed of the camera itself is not limited until you turn about 120°. This would be not as restricting as other solutions. But you have to consider that you legs are rotating a bit slower. That means that you cant make a full 360° rotation in a splitsecond. The speed for a full rotation is now dependend on the inventory weight of the character and also his fatigue. This would give players with a lighter gear and a good stamina management a great advantage in close quarter battles. They can also change their direction faster while running. And as third, the upper body with the weapon itself also has a limited rotation speed that is dependend on weapon parameters. This would make small weapons much more attractive for close quarter combats than heavier ones.

In the end, your character can make a 120° rotation of his head with no limitation. But the weapon and the legs will always be slower. The player will have to wait a few splitseconds until his sights are on the target again. The weight of his gear and the size of the weapon would be much more important to be effective in CQB.

I hope that BIS will implement a system similar to this.

Let me know what you think.

This has been suggested before but I've never seen the legs aspect. That would really make a big difference in gameplay. Only downside being that running in close quarters might feel a bit more like driving karts than the current running; you sprint towards a door and make an sharp 90° turn but your legs have bigger turning radius so you ram the wall. Of course it would only be a matter of getting used to.

And in my opinion, instead of the 120 degree turn limit, the legs and gun should have a limit of how much they can fall behind. So when you spin insanely fast, the gun will only lag something like 20 degrees behind at most. And when you stop, the gun will slow down to its own limited speed and recenter itself.

No, I'm pretty sure that vibrating issue is a bug. We should wait and see, as the stuff on dev build is still nowhere near what will be in the bootcamp update.

Moral Fiber is bugged in dev branch(don't know how's stable) - in the beginning soldiers won't get into the vehicles.

There is an additional diagnostic command used to adjust configs on-the-fly without the need of restarting the game

:eek: Am I dreaming?

No, I'm pretty sure that vibrating issue is a bug. We should wait and see, as the stuff on dev build is still nowhere near what will be in the bootcamp update.

Speaking of fatigue, I recently had situations (more than once, actually) where players were so fatigued that they would breathe heavily and not calm down anymore. On the contrary, setting their fatigue back to zero, even when sitting still, showed that fatigue was climbing at an alarming rate. No amount of standing, sitting or lying still fixed that. Anyone else noticed this?

Moral Fiber is bugged in dev branch(don't know how's stable) - in the beginning soldiers won't get into the vehicles.

Thanks for reporting. Will be fixed soon ;)

I just wanted to ask before creating a ticket:

• using all Modes of ATOC "Trees and Grass" causes Mouselag/Stuttering

• using Antialiasing Mode "4xAA" causes Mouselag/Stuttering

Were this issues been reported? It´s on Stable and Devbranch

I just wanted to ask before creating a ticket:

• using all Modes of ATOC "Trees and Grass" causes Mouselag/Stuttering

• using Antialiasing Mode "4xAA" causes Mouselag/Stuttering

Were this issues been reported? It´s on Stable and Devbranch

I'm unable to reproduce.

So u´re propably blind. Then u try to tell me the smoothness of the cursor is in all modes identical?

Go Ingame and try once more

So u´re propably blind. Then u try to tell me the smoothness of the cursor is in all modes identical?

No mouse lag for me, I've been using ATOC all grass + trees since forever.

Running 670 SLI no issues with AA/ATOC on or off with input stuttering.

Update drivers, try general client stuff...

Totally agree Lao, your adjusted looks normal, not the sideways look bis have given.

No mouse lag on my end either, just lower FPS.

So u´re probably blind. Then u try to tell me the smoothness of the cursor is in all modes identical?

Frustration can get the best of us sometimes. Double check your posts for passive aggressiveness next time ;)

Thanks!

Try without SLI, and or check if your GPUs arent already at full capacity.

The Campaign mission Survive: Radio Silence is broken in Dev. and halts campaign progression.

Some trigger is not activating or maybe activating too early.

0019356: Radio Silence: Bravo Team won't move; mission won't progress

Campaign Spoilers!

Expected:

When the Hunter drops you off, I seem to remember it was supposed to wait until the towers obj. is complete then it meets you at the bottom of the hill, and you drive closer to Mike-26.

the player then joins Bravo to assault Mike-26.

Observed:

After drop off hunter moves off after player moves away from it (est. 10m)

The Towers obj. complete fine but at the point at which the player is to re-board the Hunter, your squad leader simply goes into safe and walks to Mike-26.

Once the base is cleared the squad leader just stops.

Notes:

There is no sign of Bravo anywhere on the map.

I have mo mods.

Edited by Electricleash
Added link