Attachments now appear in Virtual Arsenal, but only starndards. While custom weapons appear in the list, custom attachments do not.

Am I the only one who thinks that Guerrilla Apparel looks proper baller? Looks like a mix between Sam Fisher and Iraqi Republican Guard.

Also, what's with this "Respawn Camp" stuff?

Also also, Dslyecxi (did I spell that right) now has Field Manual entries it seems. This Bootcamp stuff is starting to unravel for me.

Edited by 13isLucky

I experience lesser lod popping with this maxmem now. Really feel seamless now

Are you 100% sure?

Are you 100% sure?

Well it sounds plausible. More memory for models, less lod loading from a slow disk.

Maximum memory increased to 3072MB (-maxmem=3072 to use it)

Seriously BIS this got to be the biggest news in a long time. Haven't tested but I expect people to give some feedback soon.

Thank you!

it's been tested in perf branch for several months ...

also please realize this is user definable region the engine can map beyond 3GB up to 4GB LAA directly and more via filemapping indirectly

---------- Post added at 14:49 ---------- Previous post was at 14:48 ----------

Is the -maxmem=3072 parameter required for the game to use that amount, or will it autodetect it anyway?

it's manual option

With a thermal scope you can see the thermal image if you're behind a windowpane? if yes this was broken in dev, goes to the airport communications tower and look from the windows with thermal scope and not really anything, break the glass and you can already see the thermal image.

Thermal scopes shouldn´t be able to look through windows, right?

With a thermal scope you can see the thermal image if you're behind a windowpane? if yes this was broken in dev, goes to the airport communications tower and look from the windows with thermal scope and not really anything, break the glass and you can already see the thermal image.

confirmed, wire fences and the sea can be seen thru a window with thermals.

Thermal scopes shouldn´t be able to look through windows, right?

Yep, they see the glass itself.

Edited by CaptainObvious
added quote

Confirmed, it works well the thermal scope. It is not an error

Edited by Metralla

["Open",true] call BIS_fnc_arsenal; seems to CTD when i try it... Anybody has succesfully use the Arsenal in a custom mission ? Or am i using this command like a monkey...?

Edit : Seem to work with SPAWN instead of CALL...

Edited by NorX_Aengell

Attachments now appear in Virtual Arsenal, but only starndards. While custom weapons appear in the list, custom attachments do not.

Haven't had the chance to check myself but I suspect Arsenal tries to generate the list of attachments from the old style compatibleItems[] array (which BIS are still using to my knowledge) rather than the improved class compatibleItems setup that many community authors use for their attachments and weapons to ensure compatibility with other addons.

What you can not see are the soldiers or vehicles with thermal image if you are behind a window, if you break the glass then you can see the soldiers and vehicles with the thermal image.

This is true to real life. IR wavelengths are absorbed by glass where visible light can pass through it.

I recently read that soldiers here in the UK were returning thermal imaging scopes to maintainance, believing they were faulty because no infrared image would appear when looking through windows. I'll see if I can find the response that was published in the MoD's equipment journal.

There have been a number of “No Fault Found†returns that could have been avoided by reference to the FTS Troubleshooting guide:

Table 12 at Chap 2 of AESP ****-*-***-*** and inspection standard Chap 3.

These have included:

• Brightness switch set too low (user reported no image seen through eyepiece when switched on)

• Auto NUC enabled (screen continually refreshes when changing targets or firing the weapon - they should select Manual NUC).

• Reticle is turned off (user sees no reticle when viewing through the sight).

• User is viewing through a transparent obstruction (e.g. a window) (a target’s thermal signature cannot be viewed through window glass and so no image is seen).

• Low battery power conditions (FTS apparently continually shutting down - more noticeable with Alkaline batteries - much shorter useful life).

"FTS" is "FIST Thermal Sight" - the UK's issued thermal imaging rifle sight.

Edited by da12thMonkey

Thanks, I fixed it, should be available in the next dev build update.

Oops. Looks like the ACP-C2 has got four green tracers at the end of it's magazine. That's not intentional, is it? :D

It might be. I don't know about handguns, but I'm pretty sure sometimes the last few shots in a magazine are tracer rounds to help the shooter realize he must change mags.

Yay!

I think it is, to now when you have to reload. It's present on LMG magazins too.

Oops. Looks like the ACP-C2 has got four green tracers at the end of it's magazine. That's not intentional, is it? :D

That is a pretty common thing soldiers do. They load their magazines so that the last few rounds are tracers. That way you know when your weapon is about to go empty.

it's been tested in perf branch for several months ...

also please realize this is user definable region the engine can map beyond 3GB up to 4GB LAA directly and more via filemapping indirectly

---------- Post added at 14:49 ---------- Previous post was at 14:48 ----------

it's manual option

So what is the best practice for average user? Use it or not?

Most likely (unless you only have 4gb total) alway use this new feature.

Yes, but comon guys? It's a handgun, not a rifle. You never see tracer rounds issued for handgun calibers IRL. It exists, but it is not in widespread use.

I have never ever seen anyone load tracers in a handgun.

is it possible to add button or make default load in Virtual Arsenal empty?

also some of the body don't match color of the heads

Looks like some kind of illumination ring. In the picture, it actually looks kinda cool... Should be fixed though.