Too much has changed since then, RiE even said to disconsider anything "oficial" said early '12 and before.

However, these changes may include those shadows in the release already :)

Alpha response and feedback may have changed their focus on somethings...

Foliage is looking MUCH better with the darkened coloring (or shading), fits better with the island now although there is a patch near the radar that sort of blends but also sticks out, I think it sticks out more since when you get closer it darkens, changing the overall appearance whereas most trees now do not seem to exhibit that behavior.

tree1_zps10bba16c.jpg?t=1368481131 Said patch at distance, the trees are still brightly lit, some blend in with the background but...

tree2_zps4d090042.jpg?t=1368481290 When you get closer the shading comes in and they become much darker.

It appears that the cockpit gauegs are back to being lit so people can fly at night again, woo!

gaugesback_zpsbf0fdcbb.jpg

A bit bittersweet for some of us though since it still blinds NVG's...sigh.

On the flipside during the flight I noticed that dynamic lights are nowhere near "poppy" as they used to be, and they do not illuminate as much ground as they used to..IE illuminating the hill outside the town despite being so very far away from any possible light, overall things are much darker except around lights.

Edited by NodUnit

Wow I am just not liking the view thru scope when reloading.Can one even see what their doing to be able to do this?And I already miss the leaving of scope briefly to get a larger view of the battlefield before I rescope.

Wow I am just not liking the view thru scope when reloading.Can one even see what their doing to be able to do this?And I already miss the leaving of scope briefly to get a larger view of the battlefield before I rescope.

As someone who hated to leave the view of their target in the distance, I am quite enjoying the reloading in optic view.

Also it appears that the hunter's headlights are no longer patheticly weak, not only that but they have a rather sexy cone that isn't a literal hard shaded cone (a first in Arma games, we saw it in A1 and then removed in A2)

This is what it used to be http://s229.photobucket.com/user/NodUnit/media/Arma%203%20and%20Bugs/H1_zps41385b73.jpg.html?sort=3&o=4

And here it is now

hunter1_zps68738606.jpg

not only that but post processing on low adds to the glare

hunter2_zpsc8e2b91a.jpg

Curiously if you shoot out the two front headlamps the flood lights will turn on, they appear on but are otherwise not rendering a light (good reasons I imagine, the lights bright now and that is all that matters)

I could also be slow poke on this, but it seems the Ifrit rear view mirrors have FINALLY been flipped to the correct orientation.

Edited by NodUnit

Too much has changed since then, RiE even said to disconsider anything "oficial" said early '12 and before.

However, these changes may include those shadows in the release already :)

Alpha response and feedback may have changed their focus on somethings...

Source link on this statement?

Source link on this statement?

Couldn't find, but I'm sure of it. Maybe it was on Youtube, because the subject back then was older videos and stuff.

Just curious if anyone else running the dev branch has had horrendous stuttering since the sound overhaul? The game was running perfectly smooth before that and I've seen no other performance loss in any other game I've got on my system, including arma 2. I've also noticed that no one else seems to have commented on any issues like this so I'm curious to know if I should start looking at my installation or is this something that is effecting everyone?

I7-3770k @ 4.4ghz

HD6950 w/2gig memory

16 gig crucial extreme sport 1600 memory

Edited by tvig0r0us

I frequently do this while bench shooting. It's completely possible, and frequently done. Perhaps not frequently in battle, but that doesn't remove the possibility. It's a simple trade off. Would you prefer to keep your eyes on the target while reloading? Then do it. But you'll lose most, if not all situational awareness.

As far as seeing what you're doing... I could clean my rifle in my sleep, let alone just blindfolded. I think reloading is something that most soldiers do so naturally that they rarely if ever actually NEED to look. (though I imagine most are taught to look anyways, as a matter of fundamentals)

Well then.......that helped out tremendously.:D I just got a little of that crazy anti-realism angry"there turning it into COD"there but if its possible then its all good for me.Thanks mate!

Just curious if anyone else running the dev branch has had horrendous stuttering since the sound overhaul? The game was running perfectly smooth before that and I've seen no other performance loss in any other game I've got on my system, including arma 2. I've also noticed that no one else seems to have commented on any issues like this so I'm curious to know if I should start looking at my installation or is this something that is effecting everyone?

I7-1770k @ 4.4ghz

HD6950 w/2gig memory

16 gig crucial extreme sport 1600 memory

Yes, I now have stuttering as I walk and run around the map - its still very enjoyable and playable as an Alpha but yes, yes, yes.....it now stutters for sure!!!

I like reloading while aiming. it's convenient, doesn't look cheat-ish and it's immersive.

Tweaked darkness coefficient computation for AI visibility and NVG threshold for AI -Dev Changelog

This still needs work. AI can make pinpoint 1 shot kills when I'm in utter ink black darkness.

For instance I set an enemy Marksman halfway up the radio tower in Agia Marina with no NVG's on a very dark night. Im 75m out, hidden behind cover in the Chapel area BUT the Marksman does have full KnowsAbout value 4 of me. That's fine -he saw me crouchwalking up there from the sea. The problem is I'm hidden behind a bush and then player change to the Marksman to see what he could actually see -absolutely nothing from his position and yet when I merely lean out from the bush I am one shot killed. Not even a missed shot or a little dispersion -just dead. Again that would be fine if there was even a little visibility such as dusk, or a light source or something -but I'm talking pitch black from his perspective.

We are seeing the freezing issue as well and are tracing the exact revision where this started to hunt-and-kill.

We are seeing the freezing issue as well and are tracing the exact revision where this started to hunt-and-kill.

Great news thanks DnA.

And just to be sure, yesterday's dev update fixed all the error messages but the helicopter pilot (and possibly more) textures are still missing. Invisible man is still roaming Stratis!

This is also happening to me.

Is anyone else having this happen ?

Happens to me too.

Edited by CaptainObvious
added quote

@Nod

Absolutely! There is quite a high discrepancy in the LOD color variation and sometimes shape which results in some nasty flickering.

The color appears to be extremely severe with the bushes in particular.

Compare this

Ol6BUZcl.jpg

To the zoomed-out view

4dnoYl4l.jpg

As you can see, the other LOD is significantly brighter. When flying in e.g. in a helicopter, the difference becomes very obvious.

Additionally, there is an issue with the leafes being too specular when being between you and the sun.

nkub2fpl.jpg

RFWvpffl.jpg

you can again click on the images to see the higher resolution

Edited by PurePassion

Disregard, profile issue was hotfixed.

Edited by simast

There is a problem with the new upgrades to controls options enter the game crashes. Spend from the main menu without loading any mission. Please someone else check it.

Today's dev branch update changed the location where your profile settings are saved

This appears to be a mistake - investigating. We do intend to do this going from Alpha to Beta, but not yet. Ironically it was one of my announcements for today's SITREP ;)

I recommend not removing your Alpha profiles - duplicate them for today. This may change back tomorrow.

Edited by DnA

// When 1, the score table contains score of all playable units as opposed to players only.
aikills = 1;

i wuv you! :D

This update has done something bad to the menus. Its causing me to crash constantly and I'm a little concerned about the effects on my audio hardware. I'm hearing a loud pop when navigating through menus when i click to make in input.

Turning music down appears to stop popping but crashing continues

http://youtu.be/Lo_F_3_qTnM

My audio hardware is:

Soundblaster recon 3D 5.1

Tritton AX Pro + 5.1 headset system

Using SPDIF to connect for digital audio

Edited by Bigpickle