What exactly do they mean by "fire dust effects"?

There is a dust effect on a burning wreck. I am guessing they mean this.

The marksman rig is missing some sort of a texture, again :)

What exactly do they mean by "fire dust effects"?

Could be the ground dust kicked up when big guns are firing.

continues to crash the game when you try to configure the controls from the main menu, it seems the problem is with sound.

Could be the ground dust kicked up when big guns are firing.

Yep, that's it :)

The freeze issue source has been found (we think) and we are prioritizing fixing that asap.

The crash on exit is still a problem, because we don't have a 100% repro. Why would you want to exit the game anyway?! ;) Any info you have is welcomed in the Feedback Tracker issue. Thanks!

The freeze issue source has been found (we think) and we are prioritizing fixing that asap.

The crash on exit is still a problem, because we don't have a 100% repro. Why would you want to exit the game anyway?! ;) Any info you have is welcomed in the Feedback Tracker issue. Thanks!

Are you referring to the Sound Crash on exit??

Yes indeed, see the link :)

Just wondering if something broke in the last dev branch regarding aiming in tactical pace...

Pressing RMB while walking in tactical pace doesn't make you aim/look through ironsights anymore. Instead, it activates the fast pace mode.

Yeah that's definitely not how it should be and the whole "still aiming when doing everything" issue has to have its own ticket... (which I will create later)

Just wondering if something broke in the last dev branch regarding aiming in tactical pace...

Pressing RMB while walking in tactical pace doesn't make you aim/look through ironsights anymore. Instead, it activates the fast pace mode.

You beat me to it.

I can confirm this, pressing the right mouse button to bring up the sights when walking in tactical pace now actually increases your running speed.

Thank you for your feedback. This problem has been reported and will be fixed as soon as possible.

I'm not really sure if this is the right place to ask, but I didn't want to start a new thread and don't know any other thread this could be brought up.

There are quite a number of "serious" issues in the feedback tracker that aren't addressed yet, some of them are quite important to a lot of people (for example, the issue with weapon attachments and their handling in config files).

While I understand the overwhelming number of items in the feedback trackers don't allow the devs to comment on all of them, I am sure many people would appreciate a hint or comment now and then, about the actual status of such issues. Or a mention in the list of known issues. Will they be addressed at all ? Will they be addressed in beta ? Or after release in a patch ?

This is especially true for important things like the one quoted above, which is not in the top known issues (while "unimportant" issues like fish not reacting to players are).

This would help people get an idea of where you are moving to.

Thanks for reading

Yes indeed, see the link :)

It was me that posted it :)

Any ideas on how i can recreate this for you guys?? Happens every time... :( Or maybe some details on specs?

Any chance the old kill-cam which shows the enemy location (SP) after you've been killed making a return? Right now it just hovers around your corpse in a not so exciting way usually obscured by shrubbery or other such trivial herrings. In a game like this, where 1 shot kills can come from almost anywhere -it's more climatic to perhaps see the guys who used the angle you failed to see as a threat and give you that "Oh! I see what YOU did there!" feel.

As it is now is more of a "Guess I got shot". *shrugs*

Honestly I'd love to see a death replay cam (for SP) that plays out your death somewhat dynamically and from different angles with different effects.

Thank you for your feedback. This problem has been reported and will be fixed as soon as possible.

Does that mean the ability to keep looking through scopes while reloading is not intentional? :pray:

Does that mean the ability to keep looking through scopes while reloading is not intentional? :pray:

I hope it's intentional, though I hope they do a better animation for the underbarrel GL's. Having my gun block my entire view gets quite annoying in a firefight.

No, it shouldn't.

It might be acceptable for scopes such as red-dots or collimator-like sights since the FOV you have at all times while using them is high but for actual magnifying scopes, it should not be there.

Anyone having shot with one of these can tell you in order to properly see through them, you have to look at them from a very specific distance and angle otherwise the view is black or you don't see the full circle. Maintaining that sweet spot can sometimes be difficult.

rifle-scope-1.jpg

When you are reloading the rifle, it is moving a lot. Especially the reloading animation for e.g. the GM6 makes it move around quite heavily. It is impossible to always stay in that sweet spot whilst reloading.

While it's not realistic, game design can also be influenced by how it feels and how "cool" it looks. In this case however, there's none of that.

Why have all the fancy reloading animations when you can't even look at them?

All you see atm is the scopeview jumping and twitching around wildly. That does not only look bad but also feels strange as you get no feedback to your weapon actually being reloaded. It's just a magic trick filling up your bullet count.

Especially with sniper rifles where you keep looking through the scope, reloading should be a time where you stop, get your vision back and actually experience the splendid reload as it happens.

Additionally, it's very broken with e.g. the grenade launcher and introduces even more problems...

Let the animators show their work and the player appreciate that reloading means not being able to shoot and having to focus on the reload.

I hope it's intentional, though I hope they do a better animation for the underbarrel GL's. Having my gun block my entire view gets quite annoying in a firefight.
+1, I actually prefer the continued aiming through optics while reloading -- trading off field of view for maintaining "eyes on target" is a fine trade-off by me.

I gotta give it up to PurePassion. As someone who has used rifles with magnified scopes on them in real life, I can say for certain that there is no way you could keep that perfect optic vision while reloading. It just won't happen.

I see no reason why there needed to be a change from the old way of doing it. As long as you don't touch your mouse when you initiate a reload, the game automatically takes you back into sighted mode and your crosshair is back where you left it. Should really be reverted.

+1 For reverting the reload in sights thing

No, it shouldn't.

It might be acceptable for scopes such as red-dots or collimator-like sights since the FOV you have at all times while using them is high but for actual magnifying scopes, it should not be there.

Anyone having shot with one of these can tell you in order to properly see through them, you have to look at them from a very specific distance and angle otherwise the view is black or you don't see the full circle. Maintaining that sweet spot can sometimes be difficult.

http://static.ddmcdn.com/gif/rifle-scope-1.jpg

When you are reloading the rifle, it is moving a lot. Especially the reloading animation for e.g. the GM6 makes it move around quite heavily. It is impossible to always stay in that sweet spot whilst reloading.

While it's not realistic, game design can also be influenced by how it feels and how "cool" it looks. In this case however, there's none of that.

Why have all the fancy reloading animations when you can't even look at them?

All you see atm is the scopeview jumping and twitching around wildly. That does not only look bad but also feels strange as you get no feedback to your weapon actually being reloaded. It's just a magic trick filling up your bullet count.

Especially with sniper rifles where you keep looking through the scope, reloading should be a time where you stop, get your vision back and actually experience the splendid reload as it happens.

Additionally, it's very broken with e.g. the grenade launcher and introduces even more problems...

Let the animators show their work and the player appreciate that reloading means not being able to shoot and having to focus on the reload.

I am back to saying that I hate the reloads thru scopes even though it was pointed out that this is how its done.Just looks off to me and unrealistic and makes me wonder why the work was even put there??And as the post above states,why waste the reload animations?