Yeah you are right - it seems this issue is there almost everywhere and exclusively with the tall pine trees.

BIS should just lower all those tall pine trees everywhere on the island by ~0.5m - that should fix all these issues

Speaking about the issues with trees, here is another artifact which should be removed. This time, it appears on every single one of the bushier pine trees with green bark.

wrSF9b8l.jpg

On the bark itself, there are several artifacts which appear like dark rings around it.

YvEs0mxl.jpg

They seem to divide the tree into segments.

BIXjmuMl.jpg

You can click on all my images to see the original size

I'm having some real problems with floating trees and black rocks.

Regarding the Gravity-Defying Arborials:

The latest version of the plants_f PBO isn't yet on steam, meaning there's probably a mismatch with the map version. When that's updated - if it's not already - the problem should be fixed!

Regarding the black rocks, I can't say that's a problem I'm seeing right now. Be sure to make a ticket, particularly if multiple people are experiencing the problem. If so, I'll try be sure to prod our Top Men with my pointiest of prodding sticks.

Best,

RiE

I'm loving the new silencers on the MX, its the future and it is indeed silent ! Great for sneaking up and killing nme, personally I think there should still be a sound ;@)

Well, I take it you are being sarcastic here.

Funny thing is there's a really easy way for BIS to fix suppressor sounds: the sounds are there, and it's just the matter of renaming .wav extensions into .wss in weapon configs. Come on guys! Pretty please :)

Oh, and the small settlement next to Kamino is quite nice.

Edited by GvsE

Reference the Magazine change

20Rnd_762x45_Mag to 2020Rnd_762x51_Mag

Surely that means that the ammo type will have changed from:

B_762x45_Ball to B_762x51_Ball

Can anyone confirm this is true?

Unpbo'd and confirmed

Thanks, :) seems like the blurry intro effect have been fixed away. Lighthouses look also now amazing. Didnt even notice before that there was one on background during insertion in my mission.

Can anyone confirm multiple DS now work with latest DEV version (via -SteamPort=XXXX etc)?

An therefore IS is possible to have a DS and HC on the same machine (to max out the CPU of course!) Any info would be MUCHO appreciated!

**Added small settlement near Kamino firing range

anyone got a screenshot for me? im at work, but am curious about this :D

removed redundant pauseonload script is not that redundant after all as it throws script not found when you exit editor.

I cannot run the game. It says: Starting ArmA 3 failed. Error code 80

EDIT: It was some random error. Restarting the computer helped..

Edited by danny96

Getting lots of pop up errors still. Also, some of the characters are still missing textures and thus are still invisible. When's this going to be fixed? I wouldn't play until this is fixed. It totally breaks the game.

in this scene (empty editor) http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/884107627924358192/A2C7B0027AD4A85E89973F70C4D9D54E7F233404/

I get with alpha: 49fps

and with dev: 54fps.

Nice!!

Which means, you're bottlenecked (i dont know if by CPU or GPU because you dont have OSD) @ 1680x1050 resolution with heavily overclocked almost 5Ghz latest gen i5 3570k and GTX570 on empty map without AI in editor, yeah perfect example of current state of Arma 3 performance.

removed redundant pauseonload script is not that redundant after all as it throws script not found when you exit editor.

And when you pause in the editor too

perfect example of current state of Arma 3 performance.

Current state being Alpha test while being absolutely the best looking shooter on the market, 10% gain in fps is rather good don't you think?

can anybody explain such a thing to me:

i have -world=empty, which as you know means no island is loaded in the menu, only water is shown,

so the issue is - prior to some patches i had lots of fps in the menu, which is totally natural as there's only water, but some patches ago, i started having low fps in the main menu, it's so low that water refractions are like a slide show, and the menu works slowly as well

edit: i looked at the cpu usage while being in the main menu and it shows 40% as if i i'm already playing the game, any explanations?

edit2: when i delete -world=empty my fps in the main menu is ok

Edited by gpha5e

fps in this game is too quirky to put any significance behind a 5 fps increase. looking in a slightly different direction can often greatly change your fps. for that matter, sometimes the fps seems to jump around even when you're standing still (even with no AI)

Current state being Alpha test while being absolutely the best looking shooter on the market, 10% gain in fps is rather good don't you think?

Give up, that dude is comparing BF3/COD and similar with ArmA :)

Give up, that dude is comparing BF3/COD and similar with ArmA :)

Quote me where i'm comparing Arma with BF3/COD or stfu, thanks.

Unpbo'd and confirmed

Also

The calibre of the rifle in the BLUE special purpose box seems to have changed and the ammunition has not. MXMrifle is now 6.5mm & ammo still 7.62. It is correct in the RED Special Weapons box.

Quote me where i'm comparing Arma with BF3/COD or stfu, thanks.

Sorry i was insinuating you were comparing A3 Alpha to simple shooters, thats just the trend around here...