is the update happening today or tomorrow :(

---------- Post added at 13:15 ---------- Previous post was at 13:14 ----------

oh god...

exactly what I thought....how rubbish is that

exactly what I thought....how rubbish is that

I like the idea of being able to jump over obstacle when running, I dislike the idea of being able to jump that high or that far.

... all that did was unlock the animation that already existed in the animation viewer and apply it for use by a player.

Is this a new game? what we were waiting for? is Armelfield 3 out ?

facepalm here.

back on topic even if there are workaround AI HALO needs to be fixed BTW

Interesting SITREP this time..... vey very interesting....

Edited by Simon1279

Overall good news. Unfortunate about the vehicles. Anyone get the feeling it ended rather abruptly ?

Why are people against the jump animation? It's realistic and good. As long as people can't jump too far with it and fatigue still applies to it, it will be great.

so is dev branch updated today, and to clarify... opening doors on vehicles will be disabled until post release?

Thats a shame about the doors, My friends and I were totally stoked to see it finally getting going. I'm bummed they have decided to pull it, as I seriously doubt it will ever make it back onto the front burner at BIS HQ.

so is dev branch updated today, and to clarify... opening doors on vehicles will be disabled until post release?

Not on choppers I don't think (?), but the wheeled vehicles yes, so bye bye recent Ifrit door anims :(

Now I wonder what these two vehicles are? ;)

I think it's the right choice that they disabled the doors until they can do it right.

We don't need more half baked features in the game. Do it right or don't do it.

I also think the 2 new vehicles will be artillery.

And I also think BIS made the right decision removing the opening doors. If this only works on a small amount of all the vehicles and isn't perfect there either, it would really give the impression of an unfinished game. I can wait for an addon/patch/DLC to take care of that later.

Not on choppers I don't think (?), but the wheeled vehicles yes, so bye bye recent Ifrit door anims :(

Now I wonder what these two vehicles are? ;)

I'm guessing tracked APC.....

I think it's the right choice that they disabled the doors until they can do it right.

We don't need more half baked features in the game. Do it right or don't do it.

Agreed! Though I may not agree with which half-baked features they opt keep in the game.

Though Im not sure about the reasoning * at-least stated one* is sound. Cant throw grenades in, over say inhabitants have no reasonable means of selfdefense.

Do it right or don't do it.
so lets disalbe physic, toh-flightmodel....oh moment...its still disabled :j:

so is dev branch updated today
so no dev update today?

The update will be available when it's available. Nobody can give you a different answer here. Please don't spam this question but just wait until it's there :)

so no dev update today?

STOP to post 10 answers about update or no update.

I think if BI stop dev of doors, it's because they never works in the future on the water :)

It's very difficult to solved the water in this old engine who was use since ten years with 'evolution' yes, but not radical changes.

We can wai't Arma 4 in 5 or 6 years and stop complain about that or that :cool:

This game needs more realism in the effects of projectiles and explosions of the vehicles and the environment in general. Right now the effect of weapons and vehicles is not realistic and that makes you lose many points to the new ARMA3. I think we should change the effects of explosions on vehicles primarily and then the bullet impacts on the physical surfaces with their proper, I would like to see as a vehicle explodes closest thing to reality according to the impact you receive and where you receive it but without being complex .... something like destrucion vehicle parts vehicle with parts deformed by the explosion or according to what kind of impact you get from a particular weapon. Example would be if you shot a gun for gun or rifle that has bullet holes and if you shot with a rocket launcher to jump doors or partially the vehicle burst ... not explode everything and leave a flame in the center with black all around it is now. Well I think I've reflected what I like to see in the ARMA 3

I actually can't believe BIS implemented the fire selector switch - so awesome!!! Such a small detail but so nice.

Also, I noticed the 6.5mm supressed sound is more chunky and loud now and not so Hollywood pew pew ... anyone else hear this? Sadly its the exact same sound for the Katiba and MX further cementing the case that they are the same weapon in a different skin for each side.

---------- Post added at 21:54 ---------- Previous post was at 21:42 ----------

Katiba missing fire selector switch and the Vermin appears to have two switches - the one by the thumb doesn't move...

Also has anyone noticed the increased reverb on gun shots? Sounds good although also triggers indoors.

Is any of the said features still applicable because I can't find any in mine version of the game. IMO soundsample reverb always will sound bad and overdone - because it can't sound good if it doesn't have depth the dynamic audio have.

its a key bind issue.

z is turn in, x is turn out, x is E-brake

Yep. Thanks. Looks like BIS should get rid of the "x" keybind for turn out, eh? Turn out currently has two default keybinds, x and c. There is no need for the x, and it conflicts with the handbrake.

Is any of the said features still applicable because I can't find any in mine version of the game. IMO soundsample reverb always will sound bad and overdone - because it can't sound good if it doesn't have depth the dynamic audio have.

Press "F" and you'll the fire selector of the weapon is moving.

I'm sure we will have the Namer this week :)