well, it's your own personal taste, yes our ears same with eyes, actually do some "normalizing", but ive out of lack of knowladge, been using creatives xtreme music, with automatic gain controll filter, and after ive disabled it, it really felt so good, that ther are load and quite sound in games out there, to my ears, this sounds much more natural.

Latest update of VBS in june, v 2.12

Nice action (GET UP, sit in, ...) in addition to GET IN GET OUT, and animation in the plane, parachute and more : )

And for me the problem with water surface was solved (show under surface, without have sea effect). I want it^^ i want all (why not^^)

I waiting also the correction of : http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?157364-Alpha-gt-Beta-LIGHTING-of-Vehicules-Not-finished&p=2436480#post2436480 (lighting vehicules)

I'm confused, if the sim is about total simulation and arma 3 the game with the more pretties, then why does the simulation have water based on reflections, not environment map but the game does not?

Sure hope we see that in the beta at some point...

Edited by NodUnit

My guess would be that the performance overhead in VBS due to the low texture assets etc makes this possible as opposed to Arma 3 where a lot more geometry and textures have to be rendered.

Though I would really appreciate such reflections!

I get better performance with Arma3 than VBS2.

Edit: Hmm, maybe not. Seems a few settings in VBS had it severely impacted by things like smoke grenades and sand storms -seems a bit better now :)

Edited by froggyluv

While this individual case might not be utilised as a general reason or argument, I still believe tests to see how much performance such a feature would actually require, would be very nice. I'm not quite sure if that would be something that would deserve priority as it serves little purpose next to looking prettier, but if it turns out to be something of a feasable scale, it would be a welcomed feature.

Looks like those shader mods we had for OFP. :j:

My guess would be that the performance overhead in VBS due to the low texture assets etc makes this possible as opposed to Arma 3 where a lot more geometry and textures have to be rendered.

I always wondered if the new 2048x2048 textures introduced in ArmA 2 worth the change, in terms of performance. Some nice graphics could be done even with the old textures, what's good this change for if a lot the people play with low visual settings and everybody claim performance issues ever since. I rather prefere a smooth gameplay to a minor change in building textures.

For those who missed it:

08-07-2013

Today will again not see an update. Tomorrow however, we intend to stage our first Beta patch on this branch. The SITREP will detail some of the changes coming in that patch.

"First Beta patch" makes it sounds like there will be more than "just the usual changes". Possibly new content and/or a big new feature. ;)

"First Beta patch" makes it sounds like there will be more than "just the usual changes". Possibly new content and/or a big new feature. ;)

we want big new features:)

No patch today. I'm going back to bed and cry into my pillow. I hope i can sleep for about 24 hours. XD

For those who missed it:

It was stated somewhere else by a Dev (can't remember where) that the beta patches for the dev pathway will be bigger than just a sniper, etc. So we should expect incrementally more additional content to the beta than we obtained during the alpha. However, I suspect it's too early in the beta for them to be including any Altis content (not that that was guaranteed). My guess will be some tracked armoured vehicles (which again I think has been hinted to previously). Also, with balance being a stated goal of the development process, this hopefully would mean three new vehicles; one for each side.

It was stated somewhere else by a Dev (can't remember where) that the beta patches for the dev pathway will be bigger than just a sniper, etc. So we should expect incrementally more additional content to the beta than we obtained during the alpha. However, I suspect it's too early in the beta for them to be including any Altis content (not that that was guaranteed). My guess will be some tracked armoured vehicles (which again I think has been hinted to previously). Also, with balance being a stated goal of the development process, this hopefully would mean three new vehicles; one for each side.

They've said Altis will not come to the beta. They said the only possibility would be really close to release if they feel they needed some additional testing.

Also they said tanks and fixed-wing won't be till release either (in a recent Q&A).

Will the Sitrep come today or tommorow?

All prior SITREPS have been on Tuesdays or Wednesdays... take a guess. ;)

I hope they put the Ka-60 on greenfor (or some sort of armed helo for the team).

I know there are greenfor camo textures for the Ka-60, they are in the PBO.

I hope they put the Ka-60 on greenfor (or some sort of armed helo for the team).

I know there are greenfor camo textures for the Ka-60, they are in the PBO.

The Ka-60 is a looker, but I would much rather see a different armed transport hello such as the UH-1Y with enhanced textures or maybe a MH-60 with rocket pods in addition to the M-134's

The Ka-60 is a looker, but I would much rather see a different armed transport hello such as the UH-1Y with enhanced textures or maybe a MH-60 with rocket pods in addition to the M-134's

Oh don't get me wrong, I'd love more variety. I'm just merely saying that greenfor needs aircraft with guns on it and I know the KA-60 greenfor skin is already there and looks good.

BIS could always just take the UH-1Y or even the Lynx from A2 and make it greenfor's chopper.

I think that's a new ship for independant faction : since the beginning of Arma series, independant faction have always major bad vehicles :

Tommorow we have :

image-caravane-show-un-pedalo-roue-a-aube.jpg

:dancehead:

For those who missed it:

Probably BE or workshop

Speculation, love it!!

A couple of more vehicles would be nice though :)