OPFOR uniform does actually.

load up dysleixes paper doll gear menu, and then compare the BLUFOR to OPFOR in the termal mode. OPFOR bodies are singficantly cooler

That could also be due to the cooling system that is integrated in the OpFor uniform.

Where did you get the information about cooling system in opfor uniforms? I've been trying to figure out why they look the way they do when they have pretty much been regular infantry.

Where did you get the information about cooling system in opfor uniforms? I've been trying to figure out why they look the way they do when they have pretty much been regular infantry.

metioned when people asked about the big cap on the back of the uniform. i think it was in the "is this autentic or not" thread

@DnA

"Today will again not see an update. Tomorrow however, we intend to stage our first Beta patch on this branch. The SITREP will detail some of the changes coming in that patch."

Sorry guys..my English won't help me.

That means (in any way) we could see an update tomorrow on "stable version" ??

It looks like dev branch players might get a version of what would be the first stable branch patch in beta, before it's actually patched on stable branch.

Also I think large units such as on trucks are needed to get wide FOV's.From what I understand skimming the web is that right now the TI goggle manufactures are trying to up the FOV yet keep the heat sensing the same which is hard in small units.Here is a link that shows a price for a current TI unit and more important its FOV.:butbut:

http://www.opticsplanet.com/flir-scout-ps-24-thermal-vision-digital-camera.html?gclid=CLKQxMHzoLgCFcaj4AodOVYA1g&ef_id=UYXEOwAABQNMVTwr:20130708220351:s

Or this one has even smaller FOV

http://www.opticsplanet.com/atn-thor320-3x-color-digital-thermal-imager-weapon-scope.html?gclid=COLzvYf0oLgCFZSk4AodA0UAzA&ef_id=UYXEOwAABQNMVTwr:20130708220617:s

Could be that infantry TI goggles are crap compared to vehicle units.

I think the narrow FOV in thermal cameras is due to the actual optics and sensors, working with infrared is way different than working with visible light, lenses are made of germanium instead of glass and so on. I was told it's extremely difficult or impossible to do zoom optics for infrared without being "hacky", as in you can't achieve that with moving lens elements as you do with normal optics for visible light.

Here's a shot of my friend doing his .. *cough* business one night we were on a training reconnaissance mission, you can see the FOV is 9 degrees, and if memory serves me right the wider angle was 15 degrees, very narrow anyways, of course the narrow FOV came with the advantage of very sharp and crisp image, I forgot to focus the thermal on this pic, I was LMAO, hence the blurry image.

http://i.imgur.com/uE8Xuhn.jpg

Talk about a steaming pile of fecal matter.

Using dev build 0.71.107360, Marshall APC driver always turns out when handbrake is applied. Is this expected? Turning out automatically could be problematic in combat situations...

Using dev build 0.71.107360, Marshall APC driver always turns out when handbrake is applied. Is this expected? Turning out automatically could be problematic in combat situations...

its a key bind issue.

z is turn in, x is turn out, x is E-brake

todays the big day ooooo i wonder what will be coming.... i suppose not to get hopes up then we MAY be suprised...

Bottles (and other small objects) can be deadly: :)

Made a ticket (to vote/comment). Similar problems is happening with parachutes too which make choppers to suddently stop and crash.

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=11289

Else the game is running very smooth. :ok:

still much physx problems. cars fly when hitting trees.

cars drive over small objects instead of smashing them on the side of the road.

cars instant explode when crashing into a quad. they don't crash like a real crash, looks like you are driving a explosion bomb :D

still much physx problems. cars fly when hitting trees.

cars drive over small objects instead of smashing them on the side of the road.

cars instant explode when crashing into a quad. they don't crash like a real crash, looks like you are driving a explosion bomb :D

ATV's exploding and losing wheels just by touching objects. Vehicles losing wheels just by hitting a rock. Vehicles flying 100m in the air by hitting an object.

That parachute thing isn't as big of a deal. There are workarounds. They will get out of parachutes when they land as long as you are not the leader. There was an issue with something in OA where some units got stuck in certain positions and you, as the leader couldn't get them out, yet switching AI to the leader would get them unstuck, even with the exact same orders. So if they don't get out of parachutes, team switch for a brief second and switch back. In fact Ai as lead will tell them to disembark while still in the air.

It's weird that when I don't skydive (stay on ground) no one dies in air. Seperating them far apart prevents death too. Not being in the group at all usually keeps them alive. You can also use a "allowdamage false" on AI until chutes open,then trigger it back to true.

And if you are worried about losing backpacks from some of your units because of parachutes, you can trigger them to add backpack once the chute has opened. The backpack will appear once on ground. But don't trigger it before chute opens or they lose the parachute.

And on subject of vehicles flying. After all this time why hasn't bi figured out how to damage vehciles? rather than an intact wreck model bounching around. And why dayz can animate a jump and arma can only step over things.

That parachute thing isn't as big of a deal. There are workarounds. They will get out of parachutes when they land as long as you are not the leader. There was an issue with something in OA where some units got stuck in certain positions and you, as the leader couldn't get them out, yet switching AI to the leader would get them unstuck, even with the exact same orders. So if they don't get out of parachutes, team switch for a brief second and switch back. In fact Ai as lead will tell them to disembark while still in the air.

It's weird that when I don't skydive (stay on ground) no one dies in air. Seperating them far apart prevents death too. Not being in the group at all usually keeps them alive. You can also use a "allowdamage false" on AI until chutes open,then trigger it back to true.

And if you are worried about losing backpacks from some of your units because of parachutes, you can trigger them to add backpack once the chute has opened. The backpack will appear once on ground. But don't trigger it before chute opens or they lose the parachute.

And on subject of vehicles flying. After all this time why hasn't bi figured out how to damage vehciles? rather than an intact wreck model bounching around. And why dayz can animate a jump and arma can only step over things.

the AI only seems to fail at HALO when you place then "in formation"

And why dayz can animate a jump and arma can only step over things.

Because Arma has never been about jumping.

Because Arma has never been about jumping.

Would be nice to leap over objects instead of slowly step over them.

Would be nice to leap over objects instead of slowly step over them.

It's really fucking hard to jump to even small height when you have full gear on. You will most definitely stumble if you attempt to jump high.

ooohhh nnoooo not the jump conversation.....

It's really fucking hard to jump to even small height when you have full gear on. You will most definitely stumble if you attempt to jump high.

devs are working on leap over animation, can be found in animation view. See nothing wrong about that.

not long now before hopefully a changelog or sitrep :P love reading these things!