excellent[/url]! :cool: Though right now it doesn't work with a pistol.

And please let the Blackfoot have animated doors next! The custom animation is extremely nice but it currently looks very strange as the player is just glitching through the windshield. With it being animated accordingly, it should feel extremely immersive.

+1 priority for the Blackfoot plz

maybe they will do it all in one go? as apparently there is going to be alot of vehicles :)

---------- Post added at 08:51 ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 ----------

05-07-2013

Today is a public holiday in the Czech Republic, and although many of us are working on Beta and release content, there will not be a dev branch update.

Those animations will score big time for the press.

IIRC the main critique points always were AI, difficult control (already improved) and the smaller details like "in 20XX a game really should have proper reload/get in/get out animations...".

We also already got splendid reload animations and by the looks of it, the get in/out animations are next in queue.

After that maybe tank interiors (sorry, jk).

I know many people from the community will say they don't care about the mass media, but I think BIS would surely benefit and lose the prejudice of creating unfinished, buggy games as so many journalists like to describe them.

Had some time last night with the Dev build and even if the overall soundscape have improved since Alpha I'm sure more will come. That being said please lower the volume of the handheld weapons so it's possible to hear the environment sounds and your own footsteps without the risk of damaging your hearing when you fire your weapon!

Also whats up with the MP disconnects?

Player (name) kicked off, Steam ticket check failed: (null)

Experienced it in both Stable and last night in the Dev build.

/KC

Those animations will score big time for the press.

IIRC the main critique points always were AI, difficult control (already improved) and the smaller details like "in 20XX a game really should have proper reload/get in/get out animations...".

We also already got splendid reload animations and by the looks of it, the get in/out animations are next in queue.

After that maybe tank interiors (sorry, jk).

I know many people from the community will say they don't care about the mass media, but I think BIS would surely benefit and lose the prejudice of creating unfinished, buggy games as so many journalists like to describe them.

Well the most critqued things were always the AI, and the pathfinding (especially for vehicels).

And I can´t see improvements in those areas. The AI is still very retarded in some situations and don´t get me started on the vehicle pathfinding....

You forgot about optimization, physics, server browser....

Had some time last night with the Dev build and even if the overall soundscape have improved since Alpha I'm sure more will come. That being said please lower the volume of the handheld weapons so it's possible to hear the environment sounds and your own footsteps without the risk of damaging your hearing when you fire your weapon!

Actually they need to make footsteps and ambient louder, also some other sounds like reload etc. Use the minimod in my signature as a temporary fix.

Actually they need to make footsteps and ambient louder, also some other sounds like reload etc. Use the minimod in my signature as a temporary fix.

What?! Sounds like reload, planting bombs and etc. are already too loud. You can hear someone reloading 50m away like he did it next to you.

What?! Sounds like reload, planting bombs and etc. are already too loud. You can hear someone reloading 50m away like he did it next to you.

That is a bug when you hear his reload from 50-100m away and yes reload sounds are low volume same as footsteps/ambient

That is a bug when you hear his reload from 50-100m away and yes reload sounds are low volume same as footsteps/ambient

I find the ambient Chicadas to be a bit deafening currently, they are overpowered like most of the other AI.

I find the ambient Chicadas to be a bit deafening currently, they are overpowered like most of the other AI.
in reality they are really loud :)

in reality they are really loud :)

Indeed.

Realism, people. Stop complaining! ;)

Chicadas are good volume - no need to change those ,but other ambient sounds are low

Indeed.

Realism, people. Stop complaining! ;)

Until they add in a realistic Gazelle Helicopter and everyone sues them for tinitus or burst ear drums.

Chicadas also STFU when you walk past them, in game they dont.

Until they add in a realistic Gazelle Helicopter and everyone sues them for tinitus or burst ear drums.

Chicadas also STFU when you walk past them, in game they dont.

ahah stfu chicadas! Actually not always. If in grass, maybe.

You have never been to the mediteranean^^

Also those nice little animals don´t STFU when you walk past them. They are mostly in the olive trees and they seem to know that you can´t harm them. They even continue with that concert when you try to catch them (and I catched many of them when I was a kid^^)

Thanks Robert Hammer for bringing issue 8938 up again, I changed the ticket to include explosives. Needs feedback now.

You have never been to the mediteranean^^

Also those nice little animals don´t STFU when you walk past them. They are mostly in the olive trees and they seem to know that you can´t harm them. They even continue with that concert when you try to catch them (and I catched many of them when I was a kid^^)

I can assure you I have been to the Med, last month being the most recent. Also been to Cyprus a few times and on each occasion I don't recall them being so loud during the day.

lol guys, is this seriosly a game breaking issue? Lets not make it harder for devs already, there are things like bipods, bad 3d audio positioning, no reverberation, no wind to bullet interraction etc. etc. :)

lol guys, is this seriosly a game breaking issue? Lets not make it harder for devs already, there are things like bipods, bad 3d audio positioning, no reverberation, no wind to bullet interraction etc. etc. :)

Optimization, physics, server browser... :yay:

About the Cicadas, I found that they are different since the Beta and I would say it's a bug (errr....programing error :) ). It seems like there are too many Cicada samples playing simultaneously.

You wanna raise the ambient sounds?LOL I have to lower my volume so much so the wind,cicadas and ocean sounds are not deafening at which point gunfire becomes too low.I like loud weapons and low ambient sounds as that is how real life is.Could possibly be slider to adjust weapon volume against everything else?

yep, exactly my toughts, extra slider for gunfire/explosions and engine + extra for ambience, wind, ocean, footsteps etc, but make it like you allowed to set not less then 0.5, so people wont use this as advantage, turning all ambience sounds off.

Just wanted to highlight the remarkable FPS gain in dev build (click the picture to see larger version) :)

http://i.imgur.com/4f1ZHzC.png

Hm. I was linked to this tweet earlier. Loaded up the dev build (107360) and saw no difference. I haven't seen an updated changelog for this build. (EDIT: Found it)

FPS graph on top, 0-60FPS, red line is 30FPS. Same 39/40FPS as the current public build (106872). White=public 106872, green=dev build 107360.

avLMA4U.png

Standard Preset, High Textures, no PP/AA. 200 shadow.

3570k@4.5, SLI GTX275 (about the same as a 560ti/570), 16GB 1866mhz, Intel 520 SSD.

If I had to guess I think they optimized AA/PP, both of which I have turned off.

No complaints though! Good progress is being made and the game runs great considering the age of my GPUs and resolution I run.

Edited by frag85