Option to switch fatigue blur equals everyone switching it off. Even though it originally might have a smart reason for existence it'll be off by default for most players.Why be penalized compared to your opponent.? Its the same mentality as having brightness up to Max and textures to low to try get an advantage.

The surge to dumb the game down to get it more arcade like has scored a point.

+1 to not change FXAA as it is now!

39555966.jpg

Yay!

Ghosthawk 'camo' is now just plain olive paint. Preferred the camo scheme to be honest.

Anyone else reckon these mentioned vehicles will be mobile artillery?

newest dev. version has big performance hit:

benchmark before: 51fps

now: 42fps

Option to switch fatigue blur equals everyone switching it off. Even though it originally might have a smart reason for existence it'll be off by default for most players.Why be penalized compared to your opponent.? Its the same mentality as having brightness up to Max and textures to low to try get an advantage.

The surge to dumb the game down to get it more arcade like has scored a point.

I launched the game and it was already switched off for me by default.

The last negative effect (no matter how ineffective and bad looking it was) of fatigue is gone. Nothing else is even promised to be put in its place. Good going BIS.

Damn, they removed this from the Artillery Ammo Types section of the fieldmanual :-/

Incendiary - great against infantry

Some peoples agenda seems to be to try influence the game until it's just like a disembodied pair of hands running terminator like through the landscape. Fatigue is the first casualty. With this and the other issues it's probably the first arma3 patch I'm not looking forward to installing.

not nice to loose again the 20% of performance boost with latest dev. (from 51 back to 42fps)

benchmarked with version 0.51

Twisted, they didn't remove fatigue. Relax.

They removed the negative consequences of it. Other than heavy breathing it's been pretty much castrated. Unless I missed something which id be stoked to hear. anyway no use bitching like so many of the forum does (although that's actually seems effective at getting bis to change their pretty awesome vision for the game)

They removed the negative consequences of it. Other than heavy breathing it's been pretty much castrated. Unless I missed something which id be stoked to hear. anyway no use bitching like so many of the forum does (although that's actually seems effective at getting bis to change their pretty awesome vision for the game)

I think they removed the blur effect, but the increased weapon sway and inablity to sprint haven't been changed.

I think they removed the blur effect, but the increased weapon sway and inablity to sprint haven't been changed.

Yeah.. The weapon sway that can be completely ignored by holding your breath, and the ability to jog forever (no matter what weight you're carrying), so glad that those are still not changed.

I thought weight affected your run speed? Also, I don't know if you can hold your breath for long whilst fatigued, as the act of holding your breath in the first place causes fatigue, does it not? I personally didn't mind the blur effects, but I don't think the downsides have been totally removed from the game as stated above.

Those downsides are completely unrelated to weight and they were a LOT harsher in ArmA2 where there was no weight to begin with. Weapon shake was harsh and holding breath didn't work when max fatigue. Your speed also seemed to be slower than even jogging speed after sprinting for long.

In A3 holding breath even at max fatigue gives you enough time to put precise shots and if you will go prone weapon sway is completely eliminated with or without holding breath.

Weight also doesn't affect speed. In fact it doesn't affect almost anything. The only difference is that without load you can sprint for 150m and with load of ~100+ kgs (that no human will be able to even move with properly and soldiers aren't heavy lifters) - for 85.

SITREP however says absolutely nothing about any plans to limit absolutely unreasonable weight you can carry or adding any, even smallest penalties for carrying it.

Or you can avoid the fatigue effects altogheter by crouching, take your pistol out, double tap Ctrl, and start moving forward, 1km after you'll notice you still won't be tired ( not sprinting ) and you'll be moving at great speed.

BI really needs to make the "Fatigue" and "Weight" system like it was in ACE for ArmA 2...

If they don't I'll just wait to have ACE for ArmA 3 ;)

BI really needs to make the "Fatigue" and "Weight" system like it was in ACE for ArmA 2...

If they don't I'll just wait to have ACE for ArmA 3 ;)

My stock answer to anyone who mentions "ACE for ArmA 3" is "go ask NouberNou". ;)

My stock answer to anyone who mentions "ACE for ArmA 3" is "go ask NouberNou". ;)

I cut my hair with a blow-torch..., what's your point?

Please keep the FXAA sharpen filter. It looks absolutely gorgeous and I feel like without it I'm missing out on so many details in the world and objects.
Whaaaaaat :butbut:

Please don't remove the sharpen filter or give us sharpen filter with FXAA. I tested SMAA in this patch and it still feels too blurry to me. I don't know how they really should look like but I love FXAA on ultra.

Please don't change the FXAA. I love it sharp and ultra!!

nobody is doing anything to FXAA ... it was just commentary what normally does standard FXAA w/o sharpen filter, since TOH we use only FXAA+sharpen for it ... not w/o

stop reading what someone post as answer, find the original post he responds to ;) otherwise you create urban myths

Edited by Dwarden

I cut my hair with a blow-torch..., what's your point?
You can read that as "NouberNou said that ACE3 is happening and he's the only ACE modder I know who's said anything 'on the record' besides Xeno, therefore he's your best source on this."

Though admittedly I don't expect anything ACE-related until after release, considering how often stuff seems to get broken, fixed and then rebroken in beta... can't blame him if he's in the "waiting for a stable build" crowd.

Since I haven't said much nice things about Arma 3 recently, I have to say when I like something, and in this case, it's the modules, namely all of them. I love how easy it is to set up a support option, and I love the new Strategic Map.

Very well done, BIS, very well done indeed :)

(Now, if you could improve the medic system and fix the inventory/loadout/fatigue, I could start to be really happy with Arma 3 *nudge nudge*)

You can read that as "NouberNou said that ACE3 is happening and he's the only ACE modder I know who's said anything 'on the record' besides Xeno, therefore he's your best source on this."

Though admittedly I don't expect anything ACE-related until after release, considering how often stuff seems to get broken, fixed and then rebroken in beta... can't blame him if he's in the "waiting for a stable build" crowd.

i think ACE people said, ACE3 not gonna happen. Or maybe this were CWR2 guys only.

i think ACE people said, ACE3 not gonna happen. Or maybe this were CWR2 guys only.

ACE3 was confirmed last year when they switched ACE2 in "maintenance" only and there was hope for A2 release in 2012. Nothing else has been said so I hope they're still excited about the mod since BI seems to be happy with delivering a stable base *game* and let people do what they do.

CWR² was indeed dropped for A3 soon after the Steam announcement, but those facts are not related. Sad, awesome mod with top notch quality all around.

CWR² was indeed dropped for A3 soon after the Steam announcement, but those facts are not related. Sad, awesome mod with top notch quality all around.

That was under W0lle's team lead period. Max Power is now team lead and if he changes his mind and his team still wants to work on it, then it's possible.