Probably BE or workshop

This. Both of them as they were mentioned on the last SITREP.

Anything else is a bonus.

I guess it´s BE and/or Workshop

Maybe more vehicels with doors

But I hope they include a fix for thze sound problems as well.....

I would love to see openable / closable doors on all vehicles in tommorow's update! Looking forward to that update :-)

I don't think I noticed this before but the field manual says "you can have only one helmet mounted display equipped.Some offer NV others off TI and some combine these two into a very powerful tool". Whoa thats a biggie and I thought there was no way we would get TI goggles.They really need to add in Ghost armor or some way to counter the heat the body gives off.I got 120 kills last night in an AMV before my first death and thats just too dam easy LOL.

Bottles (and other small objects) can be deadly: :)

Made a ticket (to vote/comment). Similar problems is happening with parachutes too which make choppers to suddently stop and crash.

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=11289

Else the game is running very smooth. :ok:

Relevant on the matter of Battleye/Anticheat protection:

You will sooner than soon know the answer on your question {grins evilly} :cool:
Edited by PurePassion

i don't think i noticed this before but the field manual says "you can have only one helmet mounted display equipped.some offer nv others off ti and some combine these two into a very powerful tool". Whoa thats a biggie and i thought there was no way we would get ti goggles.

yes yes yes!!! Woooohooo!!!

I don't think I noticed this before but the field manual says "you can have only one helmet mounted display equipped.Some offer NV others off TI and some combine these two into a very powerful tool". Whoa thats a biggie and I thought there was no way we would get TI goggles.They really need to add in Ghost armor or some way to counter the heat the body gives off.I got 120 kills last night in an AMV before my first death and thats just too dam easy LOL.

I disabled TI for my mission testing as it proved just too easy to get kills. Like rediculously easy.

I agree that if there is some sort of armor/uniform that makes you appear "cold", that'd be neat.

Iagree that if there is some sort of armor/uniform that makes you appear "cold", that'd be neat.

Absolutely agreed as well! If there will be TI goggles or

which are independent from weapon attachments, these "cloaking" devices are absolutely necessary.

Make them heavy inventory items removing usable weight (due to special technology or necessary design) so it results in a compromise with the loadout (not being able to carry as much equipment) and not a omnipresent choice as these uniforms would otherwise have no downside to them.

Jacket,gloves and pants made with this fabric and just a baclava to finish.:o Also vehicles able to run on batteries when stealth is required with diesels for normal travel and to recharge the batteries.Maybe movement can offset the amount of TI reduction so when sprinting you show more and when vehicles tires are moving they glow also.But I must add that the things I find in the field manual that look interesting but are not in game currently are greyed out.Like the medic part where it says that if you get shot in the legs you will go prone is greyed out.Maybe greyed out means possibility to be cut?

http://www.defensereview.com/blucher-systems-ghost-and-spectralflage-multispectral-combat-camouflage-fabric-technology-anti-thermalir-infrared-soldier-camouflage-and-vehicle-camouflage-for-21st-century-warfare-operations/

---------- Post added at 03:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 PM ----------

:yay:

http://www.defensereview.com/eltics-black-fox-active-adaptive-ir-stealth-system-electronic-thermal-infrared-countermeasure-system-etics-multi-spectral-thermalir-infrared-adaptive-camouflagecloaking-system-for-combat-veh/

Maybe greyed out means possibility to be cut?

I would rather think of it as possibly to be included!

Absolutely agreed as well! If there will be TI goggles or
which are independent from weapon attachments, these "cloaking" devices are absolutely necessary.

Make them heavy inventory items removing usable weight (due to special technology or necessary design) so it results in a compromise with the loadout (not being able to carry as much equipment) and not a omnipresent choice as these uniforms would otherwise have no downside to them.

If this were to be included, I'd be wanting to see no snipers being able to be used in conjunction with it. The last thing we need is the "Assassin pr0 1337 ub3r h4x0rs" in the game O-o

so will dev branch get an update tomorrow too then? this has always confused me when stables are released...

i wonder if theres anything big coming :P

----------------------------------------------------

[EDIT]

sorry people just carefully read what DNA said on the changelog...

08-07-2013

Today will again not see an update. Tomorrow however, we intend to stage our first Beta patch on this branch. The SITREP will detail some of the changes coming in that patch.

so basically they're testing the stable update on the dev branch tomorrow before updating the stable branch if that makes sense!

silly me silly me

Edited by tyl3r99
me being a dumbass

I disabled TI for my mission testing as it proved just too easy to get kills. Like rediculously easy.

I agree that if there is some sort of armor/uniform that makes you appear "cold", that'd be neat.

It would be likely that such a uniform would not be standard on ever soldier though, only a possibility for which units would need it, like snipers, or spec ops because they are trying to stay hidden. So NVGs finally got the intergrated TI that they have in real life? Did we finally get our TWS scopes yet?

---------- Post added at 20:35 ---------- Previous post was at 20:28 ----------

If this were to be included, I'd be wanting to see no snipers being able to be used in conjunction with it. The last thing we need is the "Assassin pr0 1337 ub3r h4x0rs" in the game O-o

That would be done mission side though, by the mission maker not BIS.

---------- Post added at 20:38 ---------- Previous post was at 20:35 ----------

Kills in what mission? And that's the point of TI, showing possible targets and nothing else!

It was Domi MP.Stay far enough away and you own the battlefield.It could be that the server sets AI very low though.

Opfor Uniform on a technological basis should do this already, but doesn´t.

What also doesn´t seem to be modelled is ground temperature: I´ve seen some pictures of TI taken in the desert, where the entire picture was basically white. So, even at points where the Ti should be useless due to atmospheric and ground/target temperature contrast problems, people remain perfectly visible.

Furthermore, we have no Idea how the TI affects the AI. I find it kinda hard to balance things in a mission if you don´t even know what your assets do.

It was Domi MP.Stay far enough away and you own the battlefield.It could be that the server sets AI very low though.

Its Domination. Its ai was never that smart to begin with. It is also heavily weighed on the players side.

that's the point of TI, showing possible targets and nothing else!

The purpose of thermal imagining is to view the world through a heat based eye. Humans, animals and vehicles just happen to have a very high heat signature.

In real life thermal imagery is actually a cluster fuck until you learn what you're looking at since verything is giving off heat, even in the dead of night as seen here

The problem is less about body heat in Arma and more to do with the fact that bodies are more or less the only things that cast heat..sure buildings stand out a wee bit but the terrain melts into a single color blob.

Saddly when you first view a TI image you can see how it should relatively look, vibrant, crisp but also very colorful and a bit tricky to decipher..however seconds in the image loses contrast and becomes the all target seeing eye.

Also compare the heat signature of the chinook to the trees here

and note the time 20:16.

And even though the soldiers are visible, if they were hiding in a bush it is very possible that on a quick skim that you would NOT see them in that setting, compared to what we have now which is bushes are always cold.

Edited by NodUnit

Also I think large units such as on trucks are needed to get wide FOV's.From what I understand skimming the web is that right now the TI goggle manufactures are trying to up the FOV yet keep the heat sensing the same which is hard in small units.Here is a link that shows a price for a current TI unit and more important its FOV.:butbut:

http://www.opticsplanet.com/flir-scout-ps-24-thermal-vision-digital-camera.html?gclid=CLKQxMHzoLgCFcaj4AodOVYA1g&ef_id=UYXEOwAABQNMVTwr:20130708220351:s

Or this one has even smaller FOV

http://www.opticsplanet.com/atn-thor320-3x-color-digital-thermal-imager-weapon-scope.html?gclid=COLzvYf0oLgCFZSk4AodA0UAzA&ef_id=UYXEOwAABQNMVTwr:20130708220617:s

Could be that infantry TI goggles are crap compared to vehicle units.

---------- Post added at 06:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 PM ----------

Its Domination. Its ai was never that smart to begin with. It is also heavily weighed on the players side.

Ahhh but we die alot on Domi.If we dont have an APC and CAS we usually don't finish missions.

Could be that infantry TI goggles are crap compared to vehicle units.

Don't forget, you're also talking about a lightweight, doesn't cover much of the face optic to ones that are as big as the human head and far more bulky.

This for example is the cover of an apache's thermal optic, just a tad larger http://diarkis.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/UnitedTech-351compressedcropped.jpg

It's kind of similar to laser range finding equipment, due to the small size for infantry its best used in bursts whereas vehicles can use it for a far more extended amount of time due to the cooling equipment.

@DnA

"Today will again not see an update. Tomorrow however, we intend to stage our first Beta patch on this branch. The SITREP will detail some of the changes coming in that patch."

Sorry guys..my English won't help me.

That means (in any way) we could see an update tomorrow on "stable version" ??

Checking the links I posted you see the very narrow FOV unit can spot man sized targets up to 1100m while the slightly larger FOV unit can spot men up to 350m.

Also interesting find that birds have very little heat production in A3.They disappear in treelines but are noticeable on open terrain and would look great for anti-TI type clothing where soldiers would still run from cover to cover.

---------- Post added at 06:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 PM ----------

Don't forget, you're also talking about a lightweight, doesn't cover much of the face optic to ones that are as big as the human head and far more bulky.

This for example is the cover of an apache's thermal optic, just a tad larger http://diarkis.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/UnitedTech-351compressedcropped.jpg

It's kind of similar to laser range finding equipment, due to the small size for infantry its best used in bursts whereas vehicles can use it for a far more extended amount of time due to the cooling equipment.

Yes I can see that.It would keep vehicle TI imaging better at distance and that is a good thing.

Opfor Uniform on a technological basis should do this already, but doesn´t.

What also doesn´t seem to be modelled is ground temperature: I´ve seen some pictures of TI taken in the desert, where the entire picture was basically white. So, even at points where the Ti should be useless due to atmospheric and ground/target temperature contrast problems, people remain perfectly visible.

Furthermore, we have no Idea how the TI affects the AI. I find it kinda hard to balance things in a mission if you don´t even know what your assets do.

OPFOR uniform does actually.

load up dysleixes paper doll gear menu, and then compare the BLUFOR to OPFOR in the termal mode. OPFOR bodies are singficantly cooler

OPFOR uniform does actually.

load up dysleixes paper doll gear menu, and then compare the BLUFOR to OPFOR in the termal mode. OPFOR bodies are singficantly cooler

Indeed, and currently the Greens seem to have no thermal map at all. Sure that will be fixed though.