The flickering is so heavy it's actually very distracting. It's most apparent with ground clutter. Performance hasn't been improved but actually got a bit worse

I get lot of LOD switching as well.

I was trying to see some PhysX effects, but couldn't really see anything new. Is there something on config files that I have to turn on to enable?

No, right now there are no PhysX effect you could see. I believe it's merely some groundwork testing at the moment

Edited by PurePassion

Not to sound like a parrot here but yeah, the flickering is at it's worst since Alpha launched. I can't comment on performance differences, but it seems pretty good. Definitely not worse for me.

No, right now there are no PhysX effect you could see. I believe it's merely some groundwork testing at the moment

There's little rocks and debri flying from bullet impacts, these collide with terrain but not with anything else, has it always been like that?

There's little rocks and debri flying from bullet impacts, these collide with terrain but not with anything else, has it always been like that?

I definitely noticed that before this update.

Aren’t rolling the small cargo boxes around with a vehicle ‘PhysX’, or am I way off here..

I was rolling some down the runway before..;)

I was trying to see some PhysX effects, but couldn't really see anything new. Is there something on config files that I have to turn on to enable?

You can't see any PhysX particle effects in the game right now. This technology is only for our internal use at this moment. We are working on implementation and optimization of all this. We would like to have advanced (PhysX) particles in the game, but we can't promise anything right now.

Was the removeItemFromPrimaryWeapon scripting command renamed to removePrimaryWeaponItem in the latest dev build? I didn't see it mentioned in the changelog. It's a good thing nonetheless.

That's right, there are some changes in script commands. I'm going to add these changes into the documentation tomorrow and DnA probably mention that in the changelog as well. :)

The flickering is so heavy it's actually very distracting. It's most apparent with ground clutter. Performance hasn't been improved but actually got a bit worse

I have to kind of agree with this. Initially it felt like I was getting more performance around Agia Marina. When they first introduced the the hash tables performance seemed to be a lot better and there was a lot less flickering and the LOD's seemed to switch much faster. Now the LOD's still switch slow and there's a lot more flickering and the performance has gotten better in area's where there aren't a lot of buildings, but it has gotten a little worse in area's like the airbase and Agia Marina.

You can't see any PhysX particle effects in the game right now. This technology is only for our internal use at this moment. We are working on implementation and optimization of all this. We would like to have advanced (PhysX) particles in the game, but we can't promise anything right now.

Will there be the option of using GPU acceleration too?

Pretty please!!! :)

I get heavy LOD blinking too with GTX670, settings mostly very high. At least grass, rocks, wrecks blink when inside ~30-40m radius.

same !

One more vote for GPU acceleration. There no reason not to utilize capabilities of NVidia GPUs instead of not utilizing them on any videocard at all.

This version seems to be "broken". I never had blinking or flickering in Agia Marina before (with Very High object quality), now it is really bad.

You guys need to do something about the item transfer bug where your looting stuff from vehicles/bodies. This shit happens ALL THE FUCKING time and kicks you off the game. I'm surprised there arent more threads up on here because of it. It probably is more annoying and occurs 20x more often than people dying to invisible fires. STEP YO SHIT UP.

The main problem about this, no advanced particle effects for AMD Radeon users. This is a limitation for NVIDIA PhysX, no limitation for AMD GCN parts, by now. :(

Edited by D3lta

One more vote for GPU acceleration. There no reason not to utilize capabilities of NVidia GPUs instead of not utilizing them on any videocard at all.
More specifically, we could use all the offloading-the-burden-to-GPU we can get!

I would hope it would do that based on the specific system. Because my 560ti is more of a bottleneck running at constant 100% than my 3770k :P

The main problem about this, no advanced particle effects for AMD Radeon users. This is a limitation for NVIDIA PhysX, no limitation for AMD GCN parts, by now. :(

Because PhysX is an Nvidia technology. I love how people always bash PhysX like "LOL how many games use it, like 5?" And yet when a game people really like starts supporting PhysX on GPU they cry that their AMD cards won't get to use it. Makes me laugh.

Buy the card if you want their proprietary benefits. Don't burden the developers because you chose Team Red. Likewise Team Green members shouldn't suffer because of your GPU choice.

More specifically, we could use all the offloading-the-burden-to-GPU we can get!

Yes!!!!!

Because PhysX is an Nvidia technology. I love how people always bash PhysX like "LOL how many games use it, like 5?" And yet when a game people really like starts supporting PhysX on GPU they cry that their AMD cards won't get to use it. Makes me laugh.

Buy the card if you want their proprietary benefits. Don't burden the developers because you chose Team Red. Likewise Team Green members shouldn't suffer because of your GPU choice.

agree, you guys chose to save a hundred bucks, reap it

The culprit of this is the Bohemia DevTeam, nobody else, neither NVIDIA nor AMD.

Particles are gfx options, unlike ragdoll and the likes. There are multiple games that have advanced gfx options for nvidia users relatedto particle and cloth simulation. I really see no problem, and i have an amd gfx card on one of my rigs (soon to be replaced though)

I specifically bought my AMD gfx card for this game, as it was the best performance/value card based on the alpha gpu benchmarks. I would be pissed if they implemented physx particles with such a short notice.

Oh well, you can't please everyone.