Sign in to follow this  
EricM

Latest ArmA2 & ArmA2:OA Press Coverage | NO discussion here!

So what exactly has been improved with ArmA 2 what the community hasn't already improved with ArmA 1?

People expecting loads of new gameplay features and more extreme realism are going to be disappointed, but the new AI is something that isn't easily modded/possible into ARMA1. This AI includes greater precision, good tactics, built in surrender, suppressive fire, sidestepping, morale and more (from what I gather).

I can imagine some people sticking with ARMA1 on release, but once ACE or equivalent is out for ARMA2, it will be the definitive game for sure.

If your looking at the cover of this book, look close. There are changes you can see, but most are under the hood. Multi processor optimization, new composite sound engine that uses multiple sounds to compose a unit's signature (hence the 'composite'). better yet, educate yourself better with this: http://www.arma2.com/supply/presskit/folder.html?lang=en

Your camouflage post might be better placed in the 'Suggestions' area ;) It has been discussed before, try using the search if you're interested about camouflage :)

moved

see new topic.

Edited by KAASKOP
noob mistake, posted in wrong section of forum

People expecting loads of new gameplay features and more extreme realism are going to be disappointed, but the new AI is something that isn't easily modded/possible into ARMA1. This AI includes greater precision, good tactics, built in surrender, suppressive fire, sidestepping, morale and more (from what I gather).

I can imagine some people sticking with ARMA1 on release, but once ACE or equivalent is out for ARMA2, it will be the definitive game for sure.

Yeah, exactly my thoughts. I hope AI will be improved and gameplay (story) is as immersive as OFP was. Graphics are nice, but AI and immersive gameplay will be a killer match if well designed.

And indeed, a large portion of palyers will look forward to mod being transferred to ArmA 2.

Wonder what ArmA 3 will be :D

Your camouflage post might be better placed in the 'Suggestions' area ;) It has been discussed before, try using the search if you're interested about camouflage :)

judging by 1212's post you are not alone :) Pc release only so far for that date though, thinking i will be going for the console version as my pc will cost me too much to upgrade...

Am I alone to have noticed that there is a release date on 505Games website ? is that official ?

Well, if it is on the publisher's website it should be valid.

Though I would guess it could change to an extra week or two.

Looking forward to this! :love:

Edited by colossus
added quote

Yeah, exactly my thoughts. I hope AI will be improved and gameplay (story) is as immersive as OFP was. Graphics are nice, but AI and immersive gameplay will be a killer match if well designed.

And indeed, a large portion of palyers will look forward to mod being transferred to ArmA 2.

Wonder what ArmA 3 will be :D

Hopefully China or Korea for ArmA 3.

Maybe even smarter AI that takes into account what type of camouflage you're wearing and what kind of vehicle you're driving. And maybe even grass that doesn't instantly rise back up like in Far Cry 2. Maybe even better physics, destruction, and flammable materials/objects. I better not get my hopes up too high...

That release date looks pretty reasonable to me. :) The beta testing is already in progress and the stuff should be shipped to the stores about a month after going gold. :D

games.tiscali video preview is again on youtube

, you can now download high resolution version (640MB 540x420)

megaupload mirror http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VMAECDVX

tiscali mirror http://195.146.106.135/arma_2-tiscali_video-reportaz-hi.zip (perhaps only for czech ip address)

Next week they will bring first impression from gameplay and some information about motion capture.

Edited by BoboCZ

I would like to read the translation of that interview )) Maybe not the exact one, but the key points.

I think someone should translate it. :)

Deadfast quote from armaholic comment page:

Posted by Deadfast: Good thing I downloaded it for future purposes ;).

Am I alone to have noticed that there is a release date on 505Games website ? is that official ?

Not alone man.We have been talking about it from the page 173:yay:

Very nice video. The grass is really dense and going much further than in any other footage I've seen so far, and it's still very smooth.

The view distance is also very nice. It seems like 5km in the video but with the artifical horizon "trick" you feel like it's 50km. That view from the top of the hill is breathtaking...

The glaring helo pads and cows are a bit over the top, but the rest is gorgeous. I only saw a small texture loading glitch on the head of the marine when going from first to third person.

Thanks BIS.

Ok, it's friday, Bis, give us our update!! :yay:

I guess that there will be no update today excepting the official announcement of release date.

26th June 2009

Not bad, not bad at all. Pray to buddah tho that they'll release a less bugged version ^_^

Edit: BTW was there a new video back a few pages ago? I can't seem to find it and I see ppl talkin about it still XD

Still have today...still, just wait, I am sure they'll send somthing....

games.tiscali video preview is again on youtube
, you can now download high resolution version (640MB 540x420)

megaupload mirror http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VMAECDVX

tiscali mirror http://195.146.106.135/arma_2-tiscali_video-reportaz-hi.zip (perhaps only for czech ip address)

Next week they will bring first impression from gameplay and some information about motion capture.

Thanks BoboCZ

Great to see the video in HD on Youtube now we can see real gameplay and the view distances also the amazing distance the grass is rendered to at least 150m I would say though I am not sure it could be further have to watch more of the HD version.

Kind regards walker

Edited by walker
Increased the distance I saw grass rendered to