Sign in to follow this  
EricM

Latest ArmA2 & ArmA2:OA Press Coverage | NO discussion here!

Ouch, that sounds even more demanding than Arma. No highest graphics for me I guess.

That inventory system looks interesting.

Hi, that new Gear Menu sucks, what are all those spaces below the side weapon slots for?,

what we need, gonna need much more and will use more commonly it's the main weapon

slots; and why the Satchels keep taking two slots?, or why the Laser Designator (an instrument

that you use to have in the backpack or it's own bag) takes the place for the binoculars?.

I don't like that new gear menu. Let's C ya

Sound all rather not impressive, besides i think that the Landscape looks very very good!

But we all know Tiscali..... the Arma1 review gave only like 60% for Arma1......

Gear Menu seems to be WIP, but doesn't look we have a weight nor a backpack system... I have a vague remembering about some early 2007 interviews(s), where they said that the inventory system will be much improved... that meant to me at least more slots, more freedom with slots, backpack system and weight/storing-room as factors (like in ACE)

ACE will solve it anyway....

Stunning graphics that's for sure ! Now they only need to do the impossible, and make parallax free sights. :D

Tomorrow will be interesting !

Okay But think that highest setting means to be playable in 2 years with mid-high hardware :D

I think it is better to have an open end (like the option to have 500m grass distance and so on) instead of artificial limits. If ArmA runs on your system good it will handle ArmA 2 a little better i think. Everything due to the (hopefully) optimization... :)

But we all know Tiscali..... the Arma1 review gave only like 60% for Arma1......

Well, it was 55%...

Two little details to this:

1) games tiscali broke embargo date given to all media world wide, which is tomorrow, why they did it, I really don't know. Also I suggest to read their comments with optics of that review of Arma 1: if you see Arma 1 the way their review, I think you will see Arma 2 that way as well: http://games.tiscali.cz/reviews/arma/index.asp.

2) All screenshot posted there made by them have wrong aspect ratio (looks like captured in 16/10 but posted as 4/3) which creates even worse impression.

Anyway, let's wait for more previews to come next week and the week after for more balanced opinion.

Hi, that new Gear Menu sucks, what are all those spaces below the side weapon slots for?,

what we need, gonna need much more and will use more commonly it's the main weapon

slots; and why the Satchels keep taking two slots?, or why the Laser Designator (an instrument

that you use to have in the backpack or it's own bag) takes the place for the binoculars?.

I don't like that new gear menu. Let's C ya

I think that gear menu holds some promise, granted the image does not show interaction, but notice the satchels do not use multiple spaces (eh? maybe I missed the space below and to the left.. if that's indeed what it is:0 ). I think there's a bit more to it. I'd also like to see a FPS of the preview build on a quad core. And except for the squashed aspect ratio, looks good. I think they lowered the details a bit. (Tiscali also did not spend much time on making posing a beautiful scene to image, looks like they just grabbed random moments hopping around in the editor :( )

Edit#2: Wow Spoock, side by side, Arma II looks much better that 1, thanks for the comparison... At least in the first image.. What the hell did they do on the rest of them?

Edited by Scrub

Let's hope they're not on some kind of evil agenda... :devil:

for compare:ArmA1 run on my C2D 3Ghz, 4GB RAM, Geforce8800 GTS 640MB (high details, 3km, terrain low details, resolution: 1440x900)

If ArmA2 will have same details as on screens without problems with fights in woods (lower fps), so I will be lucky, but I want playing in my nativ resolution as in ArmA1

compare screens ArmA1 vs ArmA2

http://sklad.obrazku.cz/obr109686_srovnaniArmaIaII3.jpg

http://sklad.obrazku.cz/obr109682_srovnaniArmaIaII1.jpg

http://sklad.obrazku.cz/obr109685_srovnaniArmaIaII2.jpg

Edited by spoock

1)...

2)...

Thanks for your statement about this Marek,

but it would be better if you write explicit what you mean "how they reviewed" because I think the most of the people here don't speak or can't read the cz-language. If it's not possible to name it directly, make hints or paraphrase what you mean. Thanks. :)

what are all those spaces below the side weapon slots for?

They show greyed-out binoc icons so it could be some kind of backpack. Wild guess i know. But somehow it makes sense. Below the backpack where you can take binocs, NVG's and Laser designators but they take more time to use them. And above what you carry "on body" which can be used pretty quickly.

Although it's really hard to guess by a screenshot. It's just what i thought when i looked at it.

and why the Satchels keep taking two slots?

Because it has twice the size of a magazine?

Honestly, judging a static screenshot is pointless untill we can lay hands on ourselves. Right now we don't know if BIS has made some changes "behind the scenes" which aren't visible on a static screenie. I can imagine that the lower slots are capable of taking any equipement you like, no slot-restrictions as we know them from ArmA.

Still, all just wild guesses. I just want to say that all we know is...nothing. Everything is possible. Our worst nightmares but also our greatest hopes.

Thanks for your statement about this Marek,

but it would be better if you write explicit what you mean "how they reviewed" because I think the most of the people here don't speak or can't read the cz-language. If it's not possible to name it directly, make hints or paraphrase what you mean. Thanks. :)

Google translate should give you a rough idea.

http://www.armaholic.com/datas/users/4-tiscali_games_preview_april_6.jpg

Hmm, what is this, 700 meters view distance?

review what Maruk posted is worst what I know, author is so little prick, ArmA1 was much buggy, but his review is grotesque

This preview was not correct, balanced and brake embargo for press, after our urge was deleted from Tiscali.

Thats how it should be, me personally dont care about some Tiscali review, I will wait for another reviews, but I will buy the game for sure.

Pozdrav zo Slovenska :)

Edited by Pauliesss

Impressions from preview version ArmA2 (march build?) will be tomorrow

little pieces from article

[*]low framerate (20fps) on PC HW (C2D 3 GHz, 4GB RAM a GF GTX-260 s 896 MB RAM),res.: 1280x1024 and highest details

I certainly hope the performance is a little bit better than that.

review what Maruk posted is worst what I know, author is so little prick, ArmA1 was much buggy, but his review is grotesque

TG always had a grudge against BIS, god knows why...

A little flashback of what they wrote about the complaint against Codemasters using the OFP title:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?p=1259058#post1259058

Edited by Deadfast

Few things I saw on the new screenshots. God knows if they're old I dunno.

buuugz.jpg

Dunno then... Other pics seemed awesome. and I have seen pic where one member from razor team holds m4 with m203 GL properly. Also some pic with CDF soldier has ak74 with GL and holding it properly. Maybe its just that first person animations haven't been implented yet?

Im pretty sure there is no seperate 1st person animation rendering. The models/animations seen in 3d person are exactly the same as viewed in 1st person. Its not like Half-life engine etc where you have a model held by the char and seen by others, and a details model in 1st person seen only by you.

Tiscali Games were so good to sent Armaholic a reply to Maruk's statement as we added it to our news (specially since we are a very biased news site :D).

I thought you might be interested to see what they wrote in their defense.......I am to biased to care offcourse :D

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=5364

Ohh, Its ON! :D

Nah, ontopic, these screen shots are incredibly random.

Tiscali Games were so good to sent Armaholic a reply to Maruk's statement as we added it to our news (specially since we are a very biased news site :D).

I thought you might be interested to see what they wrote in their defense.......I am to biased to care offcourse :D

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=5364

Oh hell, here we go folks. (grabs a bag of doritos and watches the upcoming spectacle)