Sign in to follow this  
EricM

Latest ArmA2 & ArmA2:OA Press Coverage | NO discussion here!

Yes, Some BI dev said that the grass-view distance is easily configurable and that this value was recently raised. This was said in response to the april fools joke, where the Farma 2 screens had long grass-view distances.

Edited by sparks50

Hi sparks50

Yes but since in the video it is actual game play now we can access it.

Other things I noticed so far: light reflections from Glass on the gun sight. The cows as others said. The high command sytem and a much improved breifing sytem

Kind Regards walker

Did anybody notice this page before? It is developers blog article about armory in ArmaII http://www.bistudio.com/vyvojarsky-blog/calling-all-quartermasters_cs.html

Great find BoboCZ

Did you notice?

POND WITH STILL WATER!

In the Fitness track picture.

Also new vehicle Airfield Tug for towing aircraft.

Kind Regards walker

Edited by walker

Hahaha :D

Ever wondered what it’s like to be hunted like a wild boar? The Hunted challenge provides unique insight from an animal’s point of view. A ranger is on his way, but poachers are closing in on your tracks.

The Kill House is a mock-up CQB range in which both enemy and friendly targets will pop-up to test your reaction speed.

BIS must be happy with ArmA 2's CQB capability that with cheer up the CTF crowd.

Kind regards walker

Great find BoboCZ

Did you notice?

POND WITH STILL WATER!

In the Fitness track picture.

Also new vehicle Airfield Tug for towing aircraft.

Kind Regards walker

Yes I notice pond :). I don't know if it was mention in this forum, but in czech arma page http://bulvar.epj.cz/clanek/novy-obrazek-z-facebooku-s-prehradou they confirmed that in picture from forest, you can see dam. It is barely visible, you can see it in top left corner.

Edited by BoboCZ

good things have already discussed b4 so i go straight to things i dont like so much

just watched the new video, it is sad that they cant fix the alpla bug, i just hate to see that "toy gun eotech sight", and i really hope they dont just stop with the "high command" stuff and refuse to improve existing squad control, i may be the only one, but still i'd love to have a degree of freedom to creat my own fireteam(or colour team) on the field and have assigned team element sorted under their team leader while they, acting as individual small squad themself, should have the AI smart enought to handle themself without player micro-managing them(thats means fallin into their own formation etc)

good things have already discussed b4 so i go straight to things i dont like so much

just watched the new video, it is sad that they cant fix the alpla bug, i just hate to see that "toy gun eotech sight", and i really hope they dont just stop with the "high command" stuff and refuse to improve existing squad control, i may be the only one, but still i'd love to have a degree of freedom to creat my own fireteam(or colour team) on the field and have assigned team element sorted under their team leader while they, acting as individual small squad themself, should have the AI smart enought to handle themself without player micro-managing them(thats means fallin into their own formation etc)

What did you mean about the alpha bug and toy gun eotech?

Thanks for the link BoboCZ. Looking good.

Did anybody notice there's only 4 sides? I suppose the factions come under other headings.

Edited by SaBrE_UK

And real-time water reflections. And scope reflections. And some vehicle that I don't remember being in the vehicle section. And bipods being used. And a percentage of unlocked items. And points earned. :D

Indeed, it goes without saying I think ARMA2 is turning out well. You can't say I'm a miserable detractor; I'm positive about the game.

And real-time water reflections. And scope reflections. And some vehicle that I don't remember being in the vehicle section. And bipods being used. And a percentage of unlocked items. And points earned. :D

Now if yo actually deploy those bipods (non-static)...:yay:

What did you mean about the alpha bug and toy gun eotech?

I don't know about the alpha bug, but with the eotech he probably means that it doesn't work like a real one. With a real one, you could not see the red reticle/crosshair from the angle you can ingame. In RL it's a reflection (or something like that, I'm not really into the inner workings) and always points where the sight (and subsequently the gun it's mounted on) aims at, ingame it seems like it's just a transparent texture with the reticle in the middle, thus it only works when you look straight through it (which would be totally useless to actually use in RL).

oAM9VGTikT8

(you can see the behaviour in RL from about 30s and on)

This is ingame with the reticel that should not be seen:

eotechw.jpg

Edit: Just wanted to add that it's not that important to me. Mostly wanted to try to embed a video, yay ;)

Edited by psycosmos

I'm liking what I'm seeing. :) What the tug could represent, what the (realtime?) reflections and kill house could mean. I don't see the feet of the bipods, I hope they are truly being used. Good stuff!

Yes... nice Screens... with water and scope reflections the game looks much better!!!

and the cartridges which came out of the weapons have also a spin like in the ACE-Mod. Nice!

Regards -rF- Culti

The problem with the scope reflections is are you able to place your body in the way so as to cast a shadow on it so you can see through? That's pretty necessary, I think. I know in some really early videos they has self-shadowing in the first-person view but it looks like they've taken it away.

I don't know about the alpha bug, but with the eotech he probably means that it doesn't work like a real one. With a real one, you could not see the red reticle/crosshair from the angle you can ingame.

Ah right had not thought of that - Yeah I know how it works in real life, I have both Eotech and Aimpoint for my airsoft guns

In the latest Tiscali Video it looks like you can´t see something trough the Aimpoint when it reflects the light (look at min 14:29.....) mhhh...

Well, they(the community) had asked for parallax-free sights.

Sure you aren't confusing parallax with normal map? For something like that to be 3D it might as well be polygons rather then parallax, otherwise a normal map will work just fine.

I love that tiny Aircrew car:D

http://www.bistudio.com/images/stories/games/arma2armory/armory_blog2.jpg

Looks like the MG is using it bipods?

http://www.armaholic.com/pfs.php?m=view&v=4-armory_blog5.jpg

Reflective water :) And a lady, walking in the water.. With trainers?

http://www.armaholic.com/pfs.php?m=view&v=4-armory_blog6.jpg

Edited by sparks50