Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Cold War Rearmed v0.36 released

Quote[/b] ] * There were several problems with the included missions. You can download the fixed SP missions here, the fixed MP missions are here.

Both 'here' links to the SP missions. You might want to edit that wink_o.gif

Damn... that's what you get from copy&paste. banghead.gif

Thanks, fixed now.

welcome.gifCWR welcome.gif

Congratulations for reaching the demo stage! I <3 it! I hope we'll be seeing more soon...

I know this is still a beta so you're probably working on it, but I just thought I'd mention that in the demo the Abrams and T-72 both use a 120mm gun. M1 should have 105mm and T-72 125mm.

xmas_o.gifxmas_o.gifxmas_o.gif

edit: The jeep is surprisingly well sound-proofed, you can hardly hear its engine while driving it.

is there any way to get the map with out dl the mode? This map looks awsome would love to have it but with out the mode because some addons that i have would now work right with this mode, this is an lovely mode vary nice but would love to have the island for use of the other addons that iv got plz that would be vary lovely wink_o.gif

is there any way to get the map with out dl the mode? This map looks awsome would love to have it but with out the mode because some addons that i have would now work right with this mode, this is an lovely mode vary nice but would love to have the island for use of the other addons that iv got plz that would be vary lovely wink_o.gif

You really should´nt be posting when youre drunk ... i know that best biggrin_o.gif

But to answer your question: Downloadable, no. Playable, yes - as cwr_abel.pbo should work independetly.

You really should´nt be posting when youre drunk ... i know that best  biggrin_o.gif

But to answer your question: Downloadable, no. Playable, yes - as cwr_abel.pbo should work independetly.

so i would have to dl the mode and use the mode as for the map that is the only way? Or is there an way to just install the map?

You really should´nt be posting when youre drunk ... i know that best biggrin_o.gif

so i would have to dl the mode and use the mode as for the map that is the only way? Or is there an way to just install the map?

Install the whole mod, copy cwr_abel.pbo anywhere you like, and then delete cwr again.

You know what to do with the copied .pbo afterwards wink_o.gif

Downloadable, no. Playable, no.

Sorry, cwr_abel.pbo is dependable on other addons in the mod. Quite a few actually... sad_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

Abrams and T-72 both use a 120mm gun. M1 should have 105mm and T-72 125mm.

Negative, the original CWC had both tanks using "Gun120".

As we are porting CWC across to ArmA, we kept the same weapons as the original CWC.

"Gun125" was never used on any tank in CWC or even Res.

Planck

but when port demo OFP to ARMA you could improve some "OFP BIS mistakes"

okay - my Project'85 is "realistic"   nener.gif

but really - burst in AK-74, guided Carl Gustav, other mistakes made by developer in 2001 should be in my opinion "fixed"

but off course it is your project, not mine :P

Planck is right, the definitions on those tanks are as they were in OFP. confused_o.gif

And it is also correct that you cannot use Abel w/o CWR or at least quite some PBOs of it.

Still no 56k version ? sad_o.gif

Damn I just seen on Armedassault.info that CWR was released; I missed something for sure !

No champagne for me next christmas banghead.gif

Nice work to CWR Team & BI Team, supporting and encouraging thumbs-up.gif

Have good christmas holidays, and thank you again (and again and again.. wink_o.gif )

G'day CWR ppl, congrats on the release! xmas_o.gif

Some C&C about Malden:

- Heightmap grid detail is very low. I think adding some interpolated vertices + noise to emulate OFP:R's terrain on Normal would have been nice.

- Grass clutter objects are a bit too bright yellow/green. Some noticable lines of gap are visible in the tiling of the grass clutter objects. The mix of clutter plants is lovely.

- I think the Satellite Mask is generally very well done. I did notice a couple of places with sand where rock should be on the east coast of the big south-western peninsular. Small sand islands around JD67 are blue. Some coastal areas of the main island appear to have a blue tint.

- The rock detail texture seems too dark to match the satmask. Some of the rock surfaces use parallel lines on the normal map which seems very unnatural (rocks at FC59).

Other stuff:

- I can't tell which trees are new and which are original content. This is a very good thing - assuming there are actually some new ones smile_o.gif

- Concrete apron surface (eg, JA65) reflects too much glare (specular?)

- Forests are nice and dense, just like OFP. Ah, the memories or running blindly through those forests... smile_o.gif

- I had some occasional ~1 sec freezes and a "Error during v-buffer creation: error 8876017c (D3DERR_OUTOFVIDEOMEMORY)" related CTD, presumably caused by 1.09b rather than CWR.

I think that has to do with a specular map that's not set up correctly. It seems that it's set to full white instead of trying to mimic the relative reflectivity of the surface. It should be a quick fix!

I also noticed some strange texture/geometry business happening in the boat intro animation. There seems to be a concave, triangular notch out of the coastline there that doesn't seem to receive any ocean spray, and in that area there's a grass-layer like overlay over the rocky surface that occludes the ocean. I tried looking for it to get a closer look, but I had a hard time finding that area in the time that I had to look.

I think that has to do with a specular map that's not set up correctly. It seems that it's set to full white instead of trying to mimic the relative reflectivity of the surface. It should be a quick fix!

That's fixed meanwhile, it was caused by a last minute change shortly before the release... crazy_o.gif

at the end, will there be available all classes / units in the full CWR mod? sorry if someone else asks this before. But this will help to convert ALL ofp/ofp:r missions in a proper way. currently it is a little bit kind of an adventure :-) i know that is is only a demo. i hope that the development progress will going on.

if so, i will convert ofp missions as far as i can.

thanks!

The full version will of course contain all units from the original OFP. However, it will not contain any units/vehicles which came with the Resistance addon (this will be added later).

This a really nice surprise, had no idea it was coming out. Thanks very much it's great fun and I don't feel so bad now about removing OFP smile_o.gif.

I am having a bit of a problem with the bushes and grass though. The town in the "3 Officers" is really killing my FPS. I go into a building and its fine, but step outside and my fps drops by half or more.

Yeah i have to disable grass (terrain detail very low) otherwise i lose 40 FPS. Just disable the grass and all should be fine smile_o.gif Problems develop online though, cause most servers arent set to grass off sad_o.gif

The grass seems to hit performance more than the default ArmA grass.

I've had no obvious bugs or CTD with CWR and 1.09

Playing Ambush and Battlefields again is awesome. I can't explain why these missions feel so much more fun than the default ArmA missions. smile_o.gif

Yep on 1.09b in campaign. One of my AI soldiers who was manning a field gun in a defensive battle took a hit and ended up in suspended hover animation just like that screen shot.

Got the updated missions, Ambush didnt crash at the start but the cutscene after the officer asks you to pull over to have a chat with bravo squad didnt kick in and the mission got stuck.

Retrieved this from my lenghty RPT.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Error in expression <_camera = "camera" camCreate [-89784.>

Error position: <_camera = "camera" camCreate [-89784.>

Only tried the updated missions once yet though smile_o.gif .

the more i play on Malden the more i like the island , it's Damn beautiful inlove.gif and in my opinion much more suitable as a combat enviroment than Sahrani , that is very well done and detailed , but let's face it , it's just a place to go on vacation with all those sunny places and tropical beaches biggrin_o.gif

I love Sahrani, I really do. Its the most beautiful island ever.

BUT I missed the CWC islands, they are ment for cold war! The whole purpose of them is to be bombed and have tanks roll over them. So my taste of blood came back with Malden. I'm looking forward to eden and cain!

Thank you!

Couldn't agree more andersson.

But... i have some problems:

First: I have very low FPS in the editor (i have more in the game), i don't know why, but if i play the game, and then i go to the editor i have the same FPS.

Second: Why i see uber-waxed floors?

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441....MG]

They affect gameplay too, look:

http://img172.imageshack.us/img172....MG]

The normal day, as it should (ignore the ultra-clear sky that the 1.09 gave me)

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441....MG]

And here is when the light reflected in the floor blinds me.

Just that, every other whing is greate, i just want to see the new Hind, i'm waiting just that :P (but you could use the RHS-Hind, the are OFP imported and are awesome)