Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Cold War Rearmed v0.36 released

Ambush Mission fixed once more (atleast I hope so).

Please get it at the usual place. No idea why at some people the same error cause a CTD while others just get an error message. mad_o.gif

Sorry and thanks for reporting the bugs.

Not sure if this has been reported, but it seems like the Jeep steering wheel has semi-transparent square corners, like the texture was square but the alpha value for the non-steering wheel places is wrong. I think it's also dependent on the light hitting it, you can see this pretty clear in the ambush mission when you are driving from the camp in lolisse to the other platoon.

The Jeep will be replaced with a better model / texture job.

Ambush Mission fixed once more (atleast I hope so).

Please get it at the usual place. No idea why at some people the same error cause a CTD while others just get an error message.  mad_o.gif

Sorry and thanks for reporting the bugs.

phew, it finally worked for me and i must say what an awesome experience it was to replay that mission in arma. great work!

some minor oddities happened though.. the truck bringing enemy soldiers came very late, after the tanks, which rolled in almost at the same second we entered the town. we were then ordered to engage the tanks although my squad leader was constantly telling me to return to formation and move to the extraction zone..  whistle.gif

everything ended up fine though..

Hi!

Got a problem when I try to run CWR 0.36 Demo.

Im using it with (normally running without problems) 1.09, and after starting it via the new icon (I added ...\beta\...) it says:

'addon CWR_vehicles_land_tracked' requires addon 'CA_hotfix'

After klick on OK it says:

No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgDifficulties/Regular/Flags.VonID'

After klick on OK it says then:

Error compiling pixel shader PSAlphaOnlyMod

After klick on OK once again all ends.

This is not satisfying.

Does anyone has a solution to this kind of error?

greetings

TOViper

Hi!

Got a problem when I try to run CWR 0.36 Demo.

Im using it with (normally running without problems) 1.09, and after starting it via the new icon (I added ...\beta\...) it says:

'addon CWR_vehicles_land_tracked' requires addon 'CA_hotfix'

After klick on OK it says:

No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgDifficulties/Regular/Flags.VonID'

After klick on OK it says then:

Error compiling pixel shader PSAlphaOnlyMod

After klick on OK once again all ends.

This is not satisfying.

Does anyone has a solution to this kind of error?

greetings

TOViper

Could you please paste in here how to what your shortcut links now?

You can also try to download this hotfix and use one of the bats instead of the shortcut then. smile_o.gif

Good morning,

thanks for replying my post quickly.

This was my icon:

Launch Arma Cold War Rearmed Demo

Application

beta

D:\spiele\armedassault\beta\arma.exe -mod=CWR -world=abel

D:\spiele\armedassault\

None

Normal window

Launch ArmA: Cold War Rearmed Demo

I changed -mod=CWR into -mod=beta;CWR and it works now correctly.

But shouldn´t there be a "Campaign" option in the upcoming main menu?? And: there is no new campaign file in the standard-campaign folder. Also in the \CWR\ folder there is no new "campaign-folder". Strange things....

My main menu looks like this:

cwr036_without_campaign.jpg

help.gif

thats becouse this version is only resembeling the old OFP beta, thare was no campaign then wink_o.gif

be sure that for CWR 1.0 there will be a campaign just as in OFP 1.0 wink_o.gif

Ohh, what a pitty. huh.gif

Played the Mission Ambush, and I think it is a real experience to play this mission in ArmA. Nice feeling being brought back to the roots. A pitty too that my computer is not fast enough for higher details.... whistle.gif

I'm curious about the release of the whole CWR.

thanks all for answers,

TOViper

I am wondering is there a way to use the malden map without CWR Unit Overrides having a issue porting MFCTI over its overriding my custom Armor Values from Binksters Converted Mission. Mainly the east tanks armor and ammunition and the RPG's Damage. But otherwise it works flawlessly

Not tested fully yet. But great job. Thanks a lot. But I would second previous posts from a first look around malden...

Malden definetly needs that coastal mediterranean look that South Sahrani has. While Everon (in a later release) needs that rural middle european touch and feel that Northern Sahrani offers.

Besides: to be honest, the sand textures with those uber-sized seashells looks rather odd. Maybe make those shells to be small rocks!?

Please skip the whole ground textures and that yellowish porto-grass for those already included? Otherwise great island. Something I missed the whole time since...

And: had a message saying something with "init-angle view BMP commander" or alike. Have to look this up again. Maybe bc. I'm trying to play this with 1.08. No problems though

@Makake

The readme clearly says that 1.09 is required in order to use CWR Demo, there is a reason for that. wink_o.gif

Why would we skip the texture work already did, have you an idea how long it takes to create the needed textures? I don't think Malden needs any changes, the look and feel represents perfectly the OFP Malden. The seashells might be a bit too big and too many but I like them. Yes the grass could be a little bit darker to fit with the ground texture.

@volkov956

There is also a reason why Malden comes with the CWR package, it can't be used outside CWR without any modifications. Also maybe read the licence that comes with CWR. wink_o.gif

@Wanderfalke:

Maybe give us more details about that "killing ArmA". I have no problems with the Sniper or Medic.

@TOViper

Don't expect to see the full CWR within the next two weeks. tounge2.gif

well damn then guess i will have to wait for someone else to release a malden with out overrides if that is ever hehe

Well, played this a bit more. All nice 'cept a few things. Not everything in CWC was great. For example, the unit mag count. If you're like me and play with the longer detection distances you see that 3 mags just won't do it. And 3 M203 grenades won't either. The M60 looks like shit, but we already know that, the sound is nice, but you don't get to hear it as often because the AI fires it like it fires silver bullets and he's watching out for a werewolf. More tweaking would be nice. More in the lines of the M249 for the AI, at least the firing rates.

I hope that a patch of sorts will be released to address some of these issues. Would be great.

no of course I don't know. your work is much appreciated. but those line were just my suggestions. I thought, maybe Malden could be a bit more mediterranean, like the original Malden actually WAS. IMHO it's way too dark. If you plan to make the grass even browner it will look like last days of autumn. No offense, but ground and grass may could need some more "sunny hues of green" maybe ? That doesn't neccessarily include to "skip" textures. Rather a paintjob?

A question besides: did you use new voice acting bc. of copyright issues with codemasters? I'm just curious

edit: btw. the old screenshots from CWR featured green grass. that looked really awesome. what happened? I suppose it did not fit to the ground texture (I read something like that)

Yes we use the sounds from the xbox version for CWR.

As for the grass, textures etc. Let's see what comes with CWR final release. wink_o.gif

maan i cant wait to get home in a few days and download cwc and try it out crazy_o.gif been waiting all christmas inlove.gif

My impression is that Malden looks like the OPF Malden from the distance and more like Arma from upclose.

The ground colour at the distance looks like Malden's dry green and the trees in the low detail lods look like original Malden trees too.

Its strange because when i look in the horizon i see the old Malden but upclose its very diferent smile_o.gif .

First, thanks to everyone for a totally sweet conversion for ArmA. I love this game, and every new addon for it.

Now, I have a bug report biggrin_o.gif Searched to the best of my ability, so here we go:

I have a fully functional 1.09 ArmA, a client and a dedicated. Here is the shortcut I am using, I have tried it both ways listed:

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\arma.exe" -mod=beta -mod=CWR -world=abel -nosplash

and

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\arma.exe" -mod=beta -mod=beta;CWR -world=abel -nosplash

and even

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\arma.exe" -mod=beta -mod=CWR;beta -world=abel -nosplash

First I get "Addon Cold_War_Rearmed requires version 1.09 of Application"

This swaps with "CA_Hotfix requires version 1.09 of Application"

when I put CWR after beta folder icon_rolleyes.gif

Now the REAL issue. After either message, I get:

"Error compiling pixel shader psnormaldxta"

and then a crash to desktop.

NO other vid issues since format and reinstall of this card. NO ArmA issues, everything is installed correctly as far as I can tell. This is the first graphics issues since I got this card over a year ago, so it is probably not card or drivers.

An odd side note, CWR works without running v 1.09.....

sweet.....well it didn't create one for me, but I made one easy enough. That did the trick, thanks!

I editing old BAS and USMC OFP-Missions to ArmA and need ArmA Wepaons for 100% update. crazy_o.gif

BAS_Sniper.sqf

Quote[/b] ]_tango = _this select 0;

removeallweapons _tango;

_tango addmagazine "5Rnd_762x51_M24";

_tango addmagazine "15Rnd_9x19_M9SD";

_tango addmagazine "handgrenade";

_tango addmagazine "handgrenade";

_tango addweapon "nvgoggles";

_tango addweapon "M24";

_tango addweapon "M9SD";

_tango selectweapon "M24";

if (true) exitWith {};

I kill ArmA with ArmA-Weapons in CWR-MOD,   banghead.gif

Quote[/b] ]weaponSlots = "1 + 16 + 2 * 4096 + 4 * 256";

bud i like the old OFP-Missions in ArmA.  inlove.gif

and i need more Addons for more gameplay

Quote[/b] ]AAtruck.pbo

GIG_Scud.pbo

RHS_hind.pbo

SD_Btr80.pbo

Ska_Rac_Mercs.pbo  (with org. ArmA Weapons)

SLX_Isl.pbo

TG_and_GF_Music.pbo (TG/FUN Music Addon)

x_misc.pbo (TG/FUN best Scripts Addon + Xeno´s Revive + FX)

ZU23.pbo

ZU23M.pbo

help.gif  whistle.gif  notworthy.gif

You can download, test and play  +Addons and CWR-Missions by

Free Germany Community

www.germany-fun.de / www.timeghost.de

welcome.gif

Hallo guys,

I don't like the idea with the graphic settings.I mean i will set everything by my self,and not like in OFP.

How can i change the graphic option menu?

I want the menu like in ArmA back.

Please help me!

greetings

DaV!d Armstrong