Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Cold War Rearmed v0.36 released

Another minor note on the m60:

You can carry an M60 and a LAW/carl gustav at the same time. Looks like the m60 doesn't restrict the secondary weapon carry.

The wiki says that the bit flag to restrict secondary weapons is 16, which is how the m60 is coded in cfgweapons in cwrrifles.pbo. However, in the BIS configs, the bit flag for 'type' is 4 to restrict secondary weapons. So "type=1+4;" works to keep the 60 user to only the primary weapon.

The config also does not have a dexerity value (like the m240, which is dexterity=.57), which would decrease the aiming and handling precision of the weapon. Since it inherits from rifle, it has perfect dexterity, making it very easy to make snap shots with the weapon. (Not sure if this intentional, to make the weapon more ofp-like, but thought I'd point it out) The lower dexterity value also makes it more of a challenge to control the weapon's low recoil when firing at long ranges.

Also, M60 fire rate is too fast. Reload time is 0.075 which is ~800rpm. The M60 is usually 600-550 rpm, which would be a reload of about .1 or .109 for 600 and 550 rpm respectively.

edit: Not sure if this is intentional, but west sniper's pants are OD in front and woodland in back.

Great stuff, guys.. having a blast playing with the goodies!

I just tried the mission again, does end with no problems here.

I did 1 teamswitch during the mission which didn't end properly. In case that has any chance to mess things up. Also only 2 of our team were alive in the end.

I will have to test it again a few times to see if I get it again...

I don't know if this is intended, but the SpecOps are equiped with time-bombs rather than regular pipe-bomb satchel charges. Not a huge problem, but it would make some of the CWC missions difficult if it's still there in the full version. Having charges detonate automatically after 2 minutes makes it hard to synchronize your attacks.

Ermm, no? The loadouts of those units are exactly the same as in OFP. I just rechecked it... smile_o.gif

im unable to get this thing going i got the hotfix and and running it on 109 beta

does this need Queens Gambit ?

im unable to get this thing going i got the hotfix and and running it on 109 beta

No. What is the problem on getting it running? CTD? Error messages?

Teamswitch... that seems to be a problem indeed. I used it too now and the chopper refused to take off at all. sad_o.gif

try this in your short cut,

G:\ArmA\beta\arma.exe -mod=beta;CWR -nosplash -world=abel

Has anyone seen this bug or would have an idea of why it would happen? Check out the pic half way down. I've never seen it or heard of something like this since day one sad_o.gif

SimHq CWR thread

Maybe related to TrackIR ? Few people use it, so it´s quite possible that this bug slipped by through the whole development process.

Either that, or Wepps uses CWR together with a worst config´ed addon ever biggrin_o.gif

Well if you read that thread he said he used no other addons or mods and used 1.09 beta. I can't see how that could happen with default ARMA/CWR/1.09.

Would TrackIR do something like that?

That's hilarious. Something must be corrupted. I've never seen, read, or heard about anything like that ever.

Well if you read that thread he said he used no other addons or mods and used 1.09 beta. I can't see how that could happen with default ARMA/CWR/1.09.

I had that happen tonight on vanilla beta and yes I use track ir.

Really? At least this is getting somewhere.

Can you duplicate it? Can anyone duplicate it?

Having problems getting CWR running with mods, mainly because of that pecular bat file start up.

Here is how I have structured my mods

"D:\Program Files\Atari\ArmA\beta\arma.exe" -mod=beta;CWR -world=abel;@SIX_Pack1;@lowplants;@NWD_TankFCS;@CSM

However this results in repeated CTDs.

Where as if I just punch the CWR_Beta_bat fix, it works fine in 1.09.

Any suggestions?

yeah! Don't tell arma that the tank ballistics mod is an island! You've got a lot after your worlds switch that has nothing to do with worlds. You don't even need to specify a world, just chop that right off.

Forget the bat file. Just make a shortcut on your desktop whose target looks some thing like:

"C:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\beta\arma.exe" -mod=beta;@TrueMods;@ArmAEffects;FDF_Sounds;lowplants -nosplash

and starts in:

"C:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA"

NWD's mods will not work with CWR, so you can cut those right out off the bat.

Presuming all those will work under cwr and also presuming they are all mods apart from the -world= line, I suggest:

"D:\Program Files\Atari\ArmA\beta\arma.exe" -mod=beta;@SIX_Pack1;@lowplants;@NWD_TankFCS;@CSM;CWR -world=abel

If that doesn't work try removing the mods one at a time to see which one is the problem, I'm thinking that one or more of them are not working under 1.09.

Planck

No. What is the problem on getting it running? CTD? Error messages?

ya says it need cwr addon error upon loading then once loads i get another error ill post screens when i get web server back up sad_o.gif

was really looking forward to tryin this out...

Has anyone seen this bug or would have an idea of why it would happen? Check out the pic half way down. I've never seen it or heard of something like this since day one sad_o.gif

SimHq CWR thread

No, that bug would have been noticed by me for sure.

I have never seen an bug like that in ArmA, maybe because i don`t use TrackIR.

!!I love this mod!!

Love the feeling of the old times.. i spent about 2 hours playing with it, absolutelly awesome smile_o.gif

And now... bug time smile_o.gif

** edit **

Forget it, dowloading the skirmish fix smile_o.gif

I run the demo using 1.09 without any addon. Everything was perfect , i only found that bug.

Regards, can't waith for the campaign... smile_o.gif

Then we can assume its not related to CWR as you had that bug in vanilla beta.

I use trackIR and I have never encountered that bug, I play 1.09b and CWR.

Then we can assume its not related to CWR as you had that bug in vanilla beta.

I use trackIR and I have never encountered that bug, I play 1.09b and CWR.

To clarify this: As we don't change this model in any way, it has to be an ArmA bug. smile_o.gif

Can someone make a performance comparison betwean LOW and NORMAL shadder setting?

I have this impression that using normal or higher shadder setting improved grass performance for me.

There are a few things about Malden that i find strange:

-Over the distance the terrain is green/brown but if you look at the ground close to you its a little too yellow.

-Even with high terrain detail the terrain isnt very smooth.

-The 2 identical hangars at the airfield that werent in the original island bug me a bit.

Dont know what else to say, im aware you guys are using placeholders and the demo is beta (small bugs are obvious).

Im loving the CWR charater models, the details are sweet (boonies and backpacks) but i miss the spetsnaz with backpack and bandana.

The crashes in Ambush seem related to the npc dialogs, my workaround is to look the other way.

The beta demo makes me feel confident about CWR, its a crazy project (so much work) but its shapping up rather nicely xmas_o.gif .

Wolle, yeah I had a feeling that teamswitch could be a problem... I haven't checked how the mission looks from inside, but I have a feeling that the mission expects some certain unit to be the player (the unit which starts the mission as the player obviously) and when that unit is no more, then the mission doesn't work properly anymore. But I didn't look more into this and this is speculation only.

It seems that people often have trouble getting the command line arguments right to start ArmA.

I recommend you make your ArmA life easier and use a tool such as ArmA Launcher by Kegetys. Other similar tools exist too, but this is one I noticed does the job and is no more complicated than is required. You can get ArmA Launcher from http://www.kegetys.net/arma/

I also recommend that people arrange their various mod folders into one subfolder of the ArmA directory. On my computer this is: D:\Games\ArmA\@mods

Then in that folder I have subfolders for each mod:

@mods\FDF_Sounds\AddOns

@mods\misc\AddOns

@mods\cwr\AddOns

@mods\cwraddons\AddOns

@mods\bw_flecktarn\AddOns

@mods\SpectatingScript\AddOns

etc...

Makes it easier to enable/disable certain addons when you put them into their own folders, and tidier to have them not clutter the ArmA root folder. Then use a tool like ArmA Launcher to choose which addons you load for a particular session (for multiplayer only those which are allowed by the server you play in).

The executable installers which some mods have, such as the CWR, get slightly in the way of this kind of scheme though... smile_o.gif

Once again I updated the included missions, both SP and MP.

Please check the Wiki page for the download links.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused, I really hope they work now as intented. crazy_o.gif

Guest Ti0n3r
Quote[/b] ] * There were several problems with the included missions. You can download the fixed SP missions here, the fixed MP missions are here.

Both 'here' links to the SP missions. You might want to edit that wink_o.gif