Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Cold War Rearmed v0.36 released

This is great, playing Ambush again brought back all the memories of playing the OFP demo and how it made me buy the game and I'm feeling exactly the same about CWR; can't wait for the full version.

Malden looks great in ArmA, the only problem I've noticed with it is that the concrete textures used for places such as the parade square on the training island and on petrol station forecourts is extremely shiny; it goes completely white in the right light.

The new models are all great; particularly the new west pilot (an improvement on ArmA's, never mind OFP's) and the BMP, although it has red tracers for the PKT rather than green like the rest of the east kit and the missiles are impossible to hit owt with. I look forward to the current OFP imports getting the same treatment.

@andersson: That's a mission bug which will be fixed.

@wipman: I explained somewhere earlier why the 1.09 is required: The M113 otherwise won't correctly with 1.09 (if we take 1.08 as base).

@General Performance: The problem is that we had some bug with the clutter. To overcome it we had to set the "clutter view distance" from 55 to 120... the other choice would have been to take the green grass... confused_o.gif

@Malden intro bug: No idea, didn't see it happen yet, gonna check.

Gotcha! It's the LOWPLANTS GRASSFIX - not lowplants per se. Removal of the grassfix (from the addons folder of 'lowplants'wink_o.gif resolved all crashes. Thank god! Now I can play with impunity and a lot of the fps hit of the vegetation (minus the grass) is gone.

cwrnp2.jpg

A plea to Kegetys - can you do something about the Porto grass? It would solve so many worries. I happen to think it looks quite nice (it's a suitable colour).

FPS probs related to grass.

Disable grass.

Terrain detail very low.

wink_o.gif

I played it with no mods, just 1.09 and i crashed just after ambush intro, im not sure if this is known or not.

Anwyays soon to come "" STEAL THE CAR ""   tounge2.gif

But what most hurt me... is that no one or no where

says (until you get an error message) you need the ArmA 1.09

to run this Demo. Let's C ya

Let's C in the ReadMe wink_o.gif

Hi, yeah, im a sucker; it's on the readme. My bad for don't read

carefully the readme and don't have installed a Beta (v1.09) that

gives problems to many users; i've uninstalled the CWR until that

the Alpha v1.09 be released. But i've to say that unless the Ãœber

pixelated OFP imported graphics... i like the yankees BDU. Let's C ya

FYI: i was running no mods apart from 1.09 Beta, and CWR when i have the Ambush crash after he says "Get off the road..." after meeting Bravo team, my ArmA RPT is on the previous page smile_o.gif

I added setterraingrid 50 to all of the MP maps too because i lose over 40 FPS due to grass being on sad_o.gif

Could just be that map, maybe you need a new mission maker/converter.

OKay just a bit of help here.

I downloaded the hotfix and extracted it to my main ARMA folder however when I punch the desktop launch icon it still says I need version 1.09.

I also tried placing the hotfix files in the CWR folder to no avail.

What am I missing?

BTW thanks guys happy christmas indeed. smile_o.gif

Once the whole CWR mod has been released I would love to see THobson's Abondoned Armies mission ported over.

Anyway,I'm no mission making guru but how do you get OFP missions to show up with CWR in the editor? Steal the Car shows up but it loads nothing into the editor.

Once again, excellent job guys.

OKay just a bit of help here.

I downloaded the hotfix and extracted it to my main ARMA folder however when I punch the desktop launch icon it still says I need version 1.09.

I also tried placing the hotfix files in the CWR folder to no avail.

What am I missing?

BTW thanks guys happy christmas indeed. smile_o.gif

Place the cwr_on_ArmA_betapatch.bat into your ArmA root directory and doubliclick that instead of any shotcuts.

Of course you can make a shortcut to the batch file too.

I run it on 1.09Beta without the fix.

Played Skirmish and Ambush right one after the other, with NO CTD.

Ran it only once, finished both missions, no problem whatsoever  tounge2.gif

That's a really great mod you have here.

I'll have only a few suggestions:

- Drop the ArmA AK. Get a RHS one or RH's.

- Rifleman doesn't have enough mags at first, but that may be so in OFP as well. Can't remember.

- I'm french; in french briefing, you need to find the proper way to put accents, or drop them. If you directly put é, è, à, etc in the briefing file it won't print it. And then you get REALLY weird briefings wink_o.gif

- In the Ambush mission, is it normal that you necessarily fail the objective when the T72 arrives? (can't remember   huh.gif )

I destroyed all 3 of them and well, didn't change anything.

Which brings me to this:

- What's with the RPG? One rocket is enough to waste a T72.

- LAW and Carl Gustav: optics misplaced, going to optics feels very weird.

- You need a better model for the Jeep. It looks like OFP's, however I love the swingin' antennas! But it doesn't make up for the poor quality of the model.

- A sound bug at the beginning of Ambush: when in the Jeep with the Sarge, the voice is muffled (you're in the car, normal) and then it's super clear as if he was an inch away from your ear.

- That's relative to 1.09, but the sounds in the car (engine) are too muffled.

- I don't know if that's 1.09, but the feel of the Jeep, driving it, is amazing. Never seen that before, I love it! inlove.gif

- A bug in the editor: this is what I got when I tried placing the BLUFOR Captive.

http://pix.nofrag.com/0....mg]

EDIT: I noticed you had different grenade types (as in different M203/GP25).

Can you make it so they don't explode before 30m?

IRL, 203's are armed after 30m.

I love you guys!

This is what ArmA should have been in the first place.

The experience it brought me firsthand is even better than the one OFP brought me.

the runway lights in Malden don't switch on by night , only the ones on the head of the runway , i know this is an Arma bug because i knew from this problem before, but wouldn't be better to change these lamps with the same lamps placed in the head of the runway , at least those work well (and they are more visible from the air)

Ok, with grass "on" = 16fps.

With grass "off" (setterraingrid 50) = 78fps. crazy_o.gif

There is a hotfix needed! I don't care if the grass is green or yellow.

MfG Lee xmas_o.gif

What a time to release the mod... the OFP Christmas Tree Easter Egg takes into effect!

Im having a good time with the mod... thanks CWR Team!

Did have a CTD on Ambush right after the sergeant tells me to get off the road. But otherwise been playing in the editor for an hour.

The pavement textures have some funky reflection off it... its like it's made of glass. Head over to the fuel station in La Passagne to see what I mean.

It could just be me... but the grass is really ugly. Isnt it a bit too yellow?

Otherwise... great work and thanks for the flashbacks! I love this much more than the desert-themed Sahrani... enough of sand, okay?!

Just noticed: on the French version, main page:

you get Crebits instead of Credits rofl.gif

Just my RPT file, i'm sure you have it all under control. Good quality stuff here, that's what you get when you work with BIS :P

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

Item STR_LIB_HILUX listed twice

Warning Message: Addon 'CWR_fonts' requires addon 'Cold_War_Rearmed'

Warning Message: Addon 'CWR_islands' requires addon 'Cold_War_Rearmed'

Warning Message: Addon 'cwr_islands_abel' requires addon 'Cold_War_Rearmed'

Warning Message: Addon 'CWR_sounds' requires addon 'Cold_War_Rearmed'

Warning Message: Addon 'CWR_buildings' requires addon 'Cold_War_Rearmed'

Warning Message: Addon 'CWR_statics_misc' requires addon 'Cold_War_Rearmed'

Warning Message: Addon 'CWR_statics_plants' requires addon 'Cold_War_Rearmed'

Warning Message: Addon 'CWR_statics_roads' requires addon 'Cold_War_Rearmed'

Warning Message: Addon 'CWR_statics_signs' requires addon 'Cold_War_Rearmed'

Warning Message: Addon 'CWR_UI' requires addon 'Cold_War_Rearmed'

Warning Message: Addon 'CWR_units' requires addon 'Cold_War_Rearmed'

Warning Message: Addon 'CWR_units_east' requires addon 'Cold_War_Rearmed'

Warning Message: Addon 'CWR_units_west' requires addon 'Cold_War_Rearmed'

Warning Message: Addon 'CWR_vehicles_air' requires addon 'Cold_War_Rearmed'

Warning Message: Addon 'CWR_vehicles_land_tracked' requires addon 'Cold_War_Rearmed'

Warning Message: Addon 'CWR_vehicles_land_tracked' requires addon 'CA_Hotfix'

Warning Message: Addon 'CWR_vehicles_land_wheeled' requires addon 'Cold_War_Rearmed'

Warning Message: Addon 'CWR_vehicles_water' requires addon 'Cold_War_Rearmed'

Warning Message: Addon 'CWR_Weapons' requires addon 'Cold_War_Rearmed'

Warning Message: Addon 'CWR_Cannons' requires addon 'Cold_War_Rearmed'

Warning Message: Addon 'CWR_weapons_launchers' requires addon 'Cold_War_Rearmed'

Warning Message: Addon 'CWR_weapons_rifles' requires addon 'Cold_War_Rearmed'

Updating base class ->Default, by ca\anims\characters\config.bin/CfgMovesBasic/DefaultDie/

Updating base class ->Default, by ca\anims\characters\config.bin/CfgMovesMaleSdr/States/Crew/

Updating base class ->MGunCore, by ca\weapons\config.bin/cfgWeapons/MGun/

Updating base class ShellBase->Sh_105_SABOT, by cwr\cwr_weapons\cwr_cannons\config.bin/CfgAmmo/Sh_120_SABOT/

Updating base class ShellBase->Sh_120_SABOT, by cwr\cwr_weapons\cwr_cannons\config.bin/CfgAmmo/Sh_125_SABOT/

Updating base class ShellBase->Sh_73_HE, by cwr\cwr_weapons\cwr_cannons\config.bin/CfgAmmo/Sh_105_HE/

Updating base class ShellBase->Sh_105_HE, by cwr\cwr_weapons\cwr_cannons\config.bin/CfgAmmo/Sh_120_HE/

Updating base class ShellBase->Sh_120_HE, by cwr\cwr_weapons\cwr_cannons\config.bin/CfgAmmo/Sh_125_HE/

Updating base class RscMap->RscStandardDisplay, by CWR\CWR_UI\config.bin/RscDisplayArcadeMap/

Updating base class controls->, by CWR\CWR_UI\config.bin/RscDisplayArcadeMap/controls/

Updating base class LoadingOne->, by CWR\CWR_UI\config.bin/RscDisplayLoading/Variants/Loading_West2/

Updating base class controls->, by CWR\CWR_UI\config.bin/RscDisplayLoading/Variants/Loading_West2/controls/

Updating base class LoadingPic->RscPicture, by CWR\CWR_UI\config.bin/RscDisplayLoading/Variants/Loading_West2/controls/LoadingPic/

Updating base class LoadingOne->, by CWR\CWR_UI\config.bin/RscDisplayLoading/Variants/Loading_East1/

Updating base class controls->, by CWR\CWR_UI\config.bin/RscDisplayLoading/Variants/Loading_East1/controls/

Updating base class LoadingPic->RscPicture, by CWR\CWR_UI\config.bin/RscDisplayLoading/Variants/Loading_East1/controls/LoadingPic/

Updating base class Table->Camera1, by ca\misc\config.bin/cfgVehicles/Computer/

Updating base class ->FlagCarrierCore, by ca\misc\config.bin/cfgVehicles/FlagCarrier/

Updating base class Face1->, by cwr\cwr_units\config.bin/CfgFaces/Man/Face10/

Updating base class Face2->, by cwr\cwr_units\config.bin/CfgFaces/Man/Face11/

Updating base class Face9->, by cwr\cwr_units\config.bin/CfgFaces/Man/Face18/

Updating base class Face6->, by cwr\cwr_units\config.bin/CfgFaces/Man/Face33/

Updating base class SoldierWCaptive->SoldierEB, by CWR\CWR_units\CWR_east\config.bin/CfgVehicles/SoldierECaptive/

Updating base class SoldierEB->SoldierELAW, by CWR\CWR_units\CWR_east\config.bin/CfgVehicles/SoldierEAT/

Updating base class SoldierEAT->SoldierELAW, by CWR\CWR_units\CWR_east\config.bin/CfgVehicles/SoldierEAA/

Updating base class SoldierWB->SoldierWLAW, by cwr\cwr_units\cwr_west\config.bin/CfgVehicles/SoldierWAT/

Updating base class SoldierWAT->SoldierWLAW, by cwr\cwr_units\cwr_west\config.bin/CfgVehicles/SoldierWAA/

Updating base class Civilian->SoldierWB, by cwr\cwr_units\cwr_west\config.bin/CfgVehicles/SoldierWCaptive/

Updating base class SoldierWSaboteurPipe->SoldierWSaboteur, by cwr\cwr_units\cwr_west\config.bin/CfgVehicles/SoldierWSaboteurPipe2/

Updating base class ->CWR_ViewOptics, by CWR\CWR_vehicles\CWR_land\CWR_tracked\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Tank/Turrets/MainTurret/Turrets/CommanderOptics/ViewOptics/

Updating base class RHIB->Boat, by CWR\CWR_vehicles\CWR_water\config.bin/CfgVehicles/RHIB2Turret/

Updating base class datsun1_civil_1_open->SkodaBase, by cwr\cwr_vehicles\CWR_land\CWR_wheeled\config.bin/CfgVehicles/datsun1_civil_2_covered/

Updating base class datsun1_civil_1_open->SkodaBase, by cwr\cwr_vehicles\CWR_land\CWR_wheeled\config.bin/CfgVehicles/datsun1_civil_3_open/

Applying controller scheme Default

Applying controller scheme Default

No more slot to add connection at Eh32 (6054.3,8611.5)

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/M1Abrams/Turrets/MainTurret/Turrets/CommanderOptics/ViewOptics.initAngleY'.

Warning Message: '/' is not a value

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/M1Abrams/Turrets/MainTurret/Turrets/CommanderOptics/ViewOptics.minAngleY'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/M1Abrams/Turrets/MainTurret/Turrets/CommanderOptics/ViewOptics.maxAngleY'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/M1Abrams/Turrets/MainTurret/Turrets/CommanderOptics/ViewOptics.initAngleX'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/M1Abrams/Turrets/MainTurret/Turrets/CommanderOptics/ViewOptics.minAngleX'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/M1Abrams/Turrets/MainTurret/Turrets/CommanderOptics/ViewOptics.maxAngleX'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/BMP1/Turrets/CommanderOptics/ViewGunner.initAngleY'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/BMP1/Turrets/CommanderOptics/ViewGunner.minAngleY'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/BMP1/Turrets/CommanderOptics/ViewGunner.maxAngleY'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/BMP1/Turrets/CommanderOptics/ViewGunner.initAngleX'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/BMP1/Turrets/CommanderOptics/ViewGunner.minAngleX'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/BMP1/Turrets/CommanderOptics/ViewGunner.maxAngleX'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/BMP1/Turrets/CommanderOptics/ViewGunner.initFov'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/BMP1/Turrets/CommanderOptics/ViewGunner.minFov'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/BMP1/Turrets/CommanderOptics/ViewGunner.maxFov'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/BMP1/Turrets/CommanderOptics/ViewOptics.initAngleY'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/BMP1/Turrets/CommanderOptics/ViewOptics.minAngleY'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/BMP1/Turrets/CommanderOptics/ViewOptics.maxAngleY'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/BMP1/Turrets/CommanderOptics/ViewOptics.initAngleX'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/BMP1/Turrets/CommanderOptics/ViewOptics.minAngleX'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/BMP1/Turrets/CommanderOptics/ViewOptics.maxAngleX'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/BMP1/Turrets/CommanderOptics/ViewOptics.initFov'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/BMP1/Turrets/CommanderOptics/ViewOptics.minFov'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/BMP1/Turrets/CommanderOptics/ViewOptics.maxFov'.

Is there a way we can get just the island malden seperatly to use with the orginal arma or XAM?

Ok, with grass "on" = 16fps.

With grass "off" (setterraingrid 50) = 78fps. crazy_o.gif

All you low FPS people must be doing something utterly wrong huh.gif

CWR runs as smooth as diarrhea on my ancient rig, fps very rarely drop belo 25

Wouah wow_o.gif Great gift for Christmas ! It recall me a lot of good things ! smile_o.gif

Big thanks to the CWR Team for this demo smile_o.gif

One little question, I've got the french version of the game, but I'm playing it in english and I was quite surprised to see every name on Malden in french (i.e. Foret des chouettes, Baie des dauphins, ...), so I just wanted to know if this is normal ?

Keep up the great work ! smile_o.gif

-the American soldiers all have russian grenades in their inventory.

-the pilots and crewmembers still carry M-4 carbines. i hope you guys are working on an XM-177 (i guess you could use the BIS M-16A2 as a basis).

-it would be nice to eventually get an M-21 instead of the M-24, but i'm sure you've already thought of that.   xmas_o.gif

-the old OFPE models (M60, LAW, Carl Gustav, Jeep) look surprisingly good, but it would be nice to get new models that are up to the standard set in ArmA.

-what happened to the Special Forces character in woodland BDUs wearing a black watch cap? i'd love to see that in addition to the models already in-game.

-why don't the other ArmA vehicles show in the editor? the A-10, the AH-6, the hummer, the Mi-8, etc would all be fine in a 1985 scenario.

those are just a few observations. needless to say, i love CWR. it's the first time i've played ArmA in several months.  xmas_o.gif i can't wait for more content, especially imported OFP missions.

I think that "loadout compatibility" idea is wrong... I don't want to feel "yeah, the same funky magazines and ammos as in OFP! I'm back in 2001!". 500Rnd mags, 30mm hyper-Hind, I was really bored with them in Flashpoint. Why won't you use vanilla ArmA loadout configs for vehicles? Do we really need EXACT gameplay as in OFP, that means - exchanging inaccurate ArmA data with worse OFP...

One step forward, two steps back.

pistols.gif