Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Cold War Rearmed v0.36 released

Lolisse was never marked on the original map.

I think the place referred to in the demo as Lolisse was probably intended at the time to be Lolisse, but this must have changed by the time the full game came out.

The previously unnamed town at top left of map is Lolisse, well....according to info I got from BI and it has now been made so. xmas_o.gif

Planck

IS THAT A DEAD RUSSIAN BOY UNDER YOUR CHRISTMAS TREE???

Man, I find it so incredibly insulting to see this on Christmas. Way to go asshole...

This is symbol for me, which show killed Russian orthodox tradition of Christmas. I am from Czech Republic and SSSR want enforced to us their traditions.

Our tradition: Jesus Christ gives presents, tree (conifer), we changing presents 24. December.

Russian orthodox trad.: 7. January, they have christmas tree (jolka), their generous man have name "gradnfather Moroz" with "Snow-white".

However I don't see a problem, because I tried with both BlackOp and BlackOp (Day) and both were able to lay their satchel charges and were able to either set the time or just plant them and detonate later, in other worlds the method of detonation is selectable from the action menu just like in OFP.

Sorry, my mistake. I was refering to the AI (If you order a teammate to place a charge, it will explode after 30 seconds, whether you tell him to set a timer or not), but I've just realised the same thing happens in un-modded ArmA. I hadn't noticed it before now.

I have the 1.09beta patch, the hotfix for it and lowplants mod. When I launch my game with:

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\beta\arma.exe" -mod=beta;cwr -mod=lowplants -world=abel

I get the following message:

Addon 'KEGsaragrass' requires addon 'Sara_dbe1'

What am I doing wrong?

Are the lowplants compatible to CWR at all?

Maybe they are not, what could explain what`s wrong.

I have the 1.09beta patch, the hotfix for it and lowplants mod. When I launch my game with:

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\beta\arma.exe" -mod=beta;cwr -mod=lowplants -world=abel

I get the following message:

Addon 'KEGsaragrass' requires addon 'Sara_dbe1'

What am I doing wrong?

Dbe1 is Queens Gambit, the only thing you need to do is to read Raedor's post on page one of this thread confused_o.gif .

edit:

Actually it was on page two..

Here's the direct link to the post and here's the direct link to the file (modification of Kegetys' LowPlants by Jocko-Flocko).

Thanks! This is great!

smile_o.gif

Some problems I noticed after quick testing:

- In Skirmish mission: helicopter went some way, then stopped before a mountain. And stayed there until I exited the mission, and even though I did my part, the mission was of course left uncompleted.

- Can't rotate 3rd person view when using T-72 (at least not with the mouse).

- I noticed recoil is very low at least on PKM? Didn't do extensive testing but it caught my attention quite soon. Also the AK the same thing I think. I don't know if this is done on purpose or is it unintentional, but in a quick test it's something I found to be a bit odd. Maybe worth investigating if your recoil values are ok. Or is it because of patch 1.09? I haven't tested 1.09 other than with CWR.

Otherwise, I need to say I really like the way the Malden and its grass looks. It's very ok compared to the original OFP Malden, which I never learnt to like.

Best Regards,

Baddo.

Sounds like the outro trigger not kicking in. Have you downloaded the fixed Skirmish mission already?

We had the problem with the commander not able to rotate on some vehicles but it was supposed to be fixed. During our tests it helped when you switch shortly to 3rd person view and back.

Sounds like the outro trigger not kicking in. Have you downloaded the fixed Skirmish mission already?

We had the problem with the commander not able to rotate on some vehicles but it was supposed to be fixed. During our tests it helped when you switch shortly to 3rd person view and back.

Yes I used the "fixed" version of Skirmish, I installed it before even starting CWR for the first time.

Well good if you are already aware of the 3rd person view problem... I'll do some more testing, but I'm 100 % sure I couldn't rotate it in T-72 in a couple of different situations in my first testing session.

I just tried the mission again, does end with no problems here.

Well as far as the missions are concerned, I've played them several times with never any issue (except the ending on Skirmish, a file (image) is missing - issue previously addressed on the topic).

confused_o.gif

I noticed that only when you look at the guys talking in the ambush mission is when it gives the CTD...

He says:"wait here Corp.....CTD

Not looking at Him...No CTD

Looking at him talking to the patrol...CTD

This is with HW&EAX on and off...

I'm using a SB X-FI Fatality

Otherwise an awesome Job smile_o.gif

It's alot of fun playing ArmA missions with the OFP units biggrin_o.gif

Love the Blackops.

Just had a strange occurence while playing a very sloppy steal the car port - possibly caused by that.

arma_cwrconvertible.jpg

Upon entering i´ve got a ctd .. was so looking forward to impress some malden chicks with my new convertible sad_o.gif

edit: Other than that, the mission still kicks ass!

I know this is going to sound silly but am I the only one who restarted the game several times only to watch the splash screens and background video behind the Main Menu? For whatever reason, I just love that background video of the M113 and ensuing infantry battle. I have to say that it's simply awesome to experience it all again on an updated engine with major advances in eye candy.

I was also presently surprised to not see the BMP fly off the road, skip along the ground and knock down the tree after running over the landmine, AWESOME!!

As stupid as it sounds, the background video alone really took me back to the turn of the millennium.

If I'm not mistaken, Ambush was the mission in the demo for OFP and I'm pretty sure I played it hundreds of times back in the day. Quite honestly, Ambush is the mission that made me purchase OFP in the first place and set the precedent for my early impressions on ArmA.

While there are a few bugs present and I do agree that some of the models (such as the Jeep) need work, the overall experience of this is second to none and I applaud the work done by the CWR Team, way to go!!

I do hope you bring Battlegrounds to this Mod though because I thought that was by far the most exciting OFP Single Player Mission ever IMHO.

LOL nice convertible anyway Burns. smile_o.gif

Yes Ambush was one of the missions included in the SP Demo and I think most of us played it countless times by now.

The Jeeps and other "not state of the art" objects are placeholders as we had to decide between releasing it at xmas or waiting until the new models are done. We gone for option one and I guess most are with us here.

All missions included in the final OFP version, including Battlefields, will of course be included in CWR 1.0. smile_o.gif

...believe me, I'm definitely not complaining.

Anyway great work and Merry Christmas to all! xmas_o.gif

LOL nice convertible anyway Burns.  smile_o.gif

Yes Ambush was one of the missions included in the SP Demo and I think most of us played it countless times by now.

The Jeeps and other "not state of the art" objects are placeholders as we had to decide between releasing it at xmas or waiting until the new models are done. We gone for option one and I guess most are with us here.

All missions included in the final OFP version, including Battlefields, will of course be included in CWR 1.0.  smile_o.gif

If for whatever reason that jeep has to stay I honestly wouldn't mind. I don't think it looks bad at all. I am also not the type of person though who really spends too long looking at jeeps or helicopters either so maybe that is why. It drives nicely.

EDIT: I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere... when I first started up the CWR version, the background cutscene was underwater. I just started it again and it was fine but when I got out of the editor it didn't load the cutscene. Just thought I would let you know. Running it with Queen's Gambit and 1.09 but that is all.

EDIT #2: Loaded up underwater again.

The underwater cutscene is a known problem. No idea why this happens actually in the release version. Some of us had it before too but I didn't until the latest release canditate. We find out some day. crazy_o.gif

@-Duke-

I never seen your post as complaining. We're glad you enjoy our work.

Ok need a little help here. Tried to unpbo a couple missions to get them into CWR'd specifically SP an MP in hope to edit. Long story short I now get aa error that closes the game to desktop when i try to host a MP game thru CWR.

Error message as File MP Mission\13 pathfinder.ABEL\description.ext, line 0;'.';' box encountered instead of '=' I just did a complete reinstall of ArmA1.09 & CWR without loading anything else. It's nowhere in MP missions/ missions ArmA other profiles, or MP Cache. Send help please, Thanx.

Disregard..fixed.

Well it's relative to the description.ext of this mission...

The syntax in this file appears to be wrong, which always results in a CTD.

Reinstalling won't help confused_o.gif

Thanks for all the hard work CWR team. Really an enjoyable mod.

You can tell somethings turn out abit different with the arma AI also, like when you attack the towns in ambush you often get enemy running in from the far away one because of the much longer engagement and detection distances. I take it thats why the objective is worded abit different than from OFP demo:)

Sadly the grass causes abit of lagg for me, but I never tried with low plants yet, so that should improves things abit. Keep up the great work CWR team and have a good christmas (if its still the 25th in your locations smile_o.gif)

The sheer magnitude of this achievement really only hit home to me relatively recently. Having played this 'demo' much as I did back in 2001, I went on a quick search for an old mission I made back in that same year, on Malden. I turned it up in filefront, of all places... Not having OFP installed, I slotted it into my CWR missions folder and started it up. The intro didn't load (god knows why) but after that... Every detail was intact! Luckily, I had only used units contained in the demo (BMP, SF etc) and it played perfectly.

It was so strange to read briefings and intros I had written upwards of five years ago. I had forgotten most of it, so I had the bizarre spectacle of playing this old mission, with the latest graphics and hardware via the ArmA engine... Skulking through the grass, watching the fire from a satcheled BMP... Very, very unique sensation of old and new. When the mission was over, and it triggered perfectly in all the right places... Well, I couldn't be more pleased with this release.

There are issues, most of which will inevitably be solved in time (such as the water intro I also get) that do not impact upon the play experience, CTDs that are merely gremlins to be slain... But for the goal of recapturing the very same sense of atmosphere and utterly unique 'OFPness' you guys have succeeded, 100%! Fantastic work.

The sheer magnitude of this achievement really only hit home to me relatively recently. Having played this 'demo' much as I did back in 2001, I went on a quick search for an old mission I made back in that same year, on Malden. I turned it up in filefront, of all places... Not having OFP installed, I slotted it into my CWR missions folder and started it up. The intro didn't load (god knows why) but after that... Every detail was intact! Luckily, I had only used units contained in the demo (BMP, SF etc) and it played perfectly.

It was so strange to read briefings and intros I had written upwards of five years ago. I had forgotten most of it, so I had the bizarre spectacle of playing this old mission, with the latest graphics and hardware via the ArmA engine... Skulking through the grass, watching the fire from a satcheled BMP... Very, very unique sensation of old and new. When the mission was over, and it triggered perfectly in all the right places... Well, I couldn't be more pleased with this release.

There are issues, most of which will inevitably be solved in time (such as the water intro I also get) that do not impact upon the play experience, CTDs that are merely gremlins to be slain... But for the goal of recapturing the very same sense of atmosphere and utterly unique 'OFPness' you guys have succeeded, 100%! Fantastic work.

Glad to read that. thumbs-up.gifsmile_o.gif

Realy like what you CWR guys have done. Great Xmas present, and the bugs are exusable as it is only a DEMO  tounge2.gif .

Something that I hope you guys fix that others may not have noticed. SLI compatability. ..........

Edit. Ignore what I said about SLI, more playing on 1.09 has revealed that although something has changed it isn't by much.