Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Cold War Rearmed v0.36 released

"Nice" ? "Cool" ? Guys, you gonna be kidding...

yes, the island is great... awakes all the fealings from good old ofp, but it would be far better to have it as stand alone addon wink_o.gif What's the point in releasing ported ofp crap ? M60, Carl Gustav, Jeep etc.. Placeholders for future models ? Standart arma model will be better for this.

That's real disappointment to such "addons" after half a year development.

A little puzzle - try to guess what game it is ? Arma or OFP ? rofl.gif

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/3217/70631006zp9.jpg

People can't read.

Quote[/b] ]1. Release of initial Demo of Malden and two singleplayer missions (OFP Demo state).

You shouldn't comment on the development process since you do not know how it works.

You should tone down your ego as well.

Furthermore CWR is recruiting again so maybe you could join and show them your leet skillz?

As well as the fact that the M60 is severely lacking recoil, experienced in MP, and that the PBR machinegun has no dispersion at all. It's firing in straight line, like ArmA's camel.

Do people have a problem speaking English tactfully or are they just rude?

Oh and the mod is great. It's the Super OFP we've been asking for.

--Ben

Just a quick note to say that the beta 'mod' instruction should always be loaded FIRST in the mod order, before anything else (e.g. ...arma.exe" -mod=beta -mod=cwr -mod=lowplants). Doing otherwise, in my experience, introduces crashes.

Quote[/b] ]You shouldn't comment on the development process since you do not know how it works.

rofl.gif believe me i spent qiute a while modding ofp/arma and i know that it takes (at most) half an hour to make crappy port from ofp. Yep, i know that on this forums it's always "wow" whatever is released, but i really want to know what is the reason in releasing these "addons".

Quote[/b] ]You shouldn't comment on the development process since you do not know how it works.

rofl.gif believe me i spent qiute a while modding ofp/arma and i know that it takes (at most) half an hour to make crappy port from ofp. Yep, i know that on this forums it's always "wow" whatever is released, but i really want to know what is the reason in releasing these "addons".

As stated they wanted the first release to be of OFP demo state. The OFPE ports are clearly placeholders which was obvious to anyone bar you.

When I say mod process I mean this specific mod and not you. It is more than likely they have a different build process than Lib did. You also have to remember that some of these guys are already part of an addon/mod team. You also stated that the mod had been in development for 6 months which you cannot verify. It could have been a shorter period. They don't develop mods for straight months at a time. Not to mention that they have real lives since they are grown up.

I suggest you grow up as well. Your comment was just an insult. Obviously it is too much effort for you to simply ask if the ports are place holders.

Hm, am I the only one still getting CTD at the very beginning of Ambush (as the commanders starts speaking) NOT using lowplants?

Greets!

Hm, am I the only one still getting CTD at the very beginning of Ambush (as the commanders starts speaking) NOT using lowplants?

Greets!

try turning off eax. I had that issue and that fixed it.

Greets!

try turning off eax. I had that issue and that fixed it.

So we turn off EAX for CWR, and turn off Hardware Acceleration for 1.09beta patch?

What's up with the game's sound engineer? confused_o.gif

Why have you changed the voices ? Are those from OFP Elite ?

Because sometime it saturate and it seems it has been recorded with a low quality microphone.

The voices used in original OFP would fit better imo.

Now about the imported thing from OFP :

-Everybody knows that vanilla sounds of BIS games are ...a little ...weird ? (who said croaking frogs whistle.gif )

If not planed to redo it, you should use sound from FDF 1.3 or do your own sound mod

-You should also rejuvenate the editor or take armA one as a base and modify the colors.

For now the OFP one is just ugly and unpracticable compared to the Arma one.

I know I seem to critisize all the way but this is good critic, of things I think should be changed for a better game experience wink_o.gif

We all know all the willingness and efforts you have put in this and we are all very thankfull notworthy.gif

Merry Christmas everybody xmas_o.gif

I said try it, it might work. It might be a bad sound file and nothing more. Might work, might not. Just try it without bitching, how about that?

And for the rest of you smartasses crying about using old content, or bitching and moaning about how crappy or buggy the content is overall or how long it took in your opinion... a little message from me to you... go F yourselves. How about that? It's a beta, get over yourselves. Bug reports are fine, crying and moaning isn't.

Merry Christmas.

Okay go it to work right through the demo mission without issues.

I now can officially delete OPFLash from my hard drive. smile_o.gif

This one mission tops anything in ARMA BTW.

Gentlemen, thanks a million for all your hard work. It is greatly appreciated!

I too get the CTD at beginning of ambush, just after cutscene ends.

I turned off EAX, and I am not using lowplants mod. Any other ideas to fix this?

imo the Arma UI for the editor is much clearer and easier to use than the OFP one.

Also some of the menus are much better in Arma, theres no need to make some bad sections to keep with the original.

However saying that I did like the ambush mission and the new soldiers and vehicles are nice. I like the new boats especially. much better than the Arma ones

Guest Ti0n3r
Quote[/b] ]imo the Arma UI for the editor is much clearer and easier to use than the OFP one.

I agree. Same goes for the options UI IMO.

A great job on the mod. Having Flashpoint in AA improves AA immeasurably.

I loved OFP:Elite because of its improvement of the exisiting Flashpoint however having to use an Xbox controller over Keyboard and Mouse led to some frustrating times. Now there is no controller so my only gripe has disappeared.

Its great to run around Malden with the graphical and practical improvements of AA, plus it runs far smoother than normal AA. Look forward to the next version.

3 Points I noticed during my spells of uncontrollable smiling playing:

-Can shoot without problem with the M60 whilst standing (seems to be no recoil or is too accurate)

-No Handgun for Officers

-Topas' shiny concrete appears in all places with that concrete (including e.g. the south-eastern island).

not to complain but... is there a quick and easy way for me to get all the arma menues back?

i dont really like the old OFP ones....

maybe for the full version there could be an option to choose what menues you want...