Awesome, thanks for the info. Also, one issue i'm having, is with i think Resolution of the menu's? I can put my mouse over an icon, and it wont' highlight it. But if i put my cursor above it and to the left a little, i can then select that icon, indicating that something is wrong with the Resolution, yet, it's not visually apparent. 

Is the change log representative of the Sneak branch, or actual Dev Branch?

I suppose the dev branch will continue to be updated daily, while sneak peak and RC branch will only get the usual sporadic update for people that don't want to download 4 gigs per day :)

• Like 1

I have tested the new Vehicle-in-Vehicle-Feature (https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/140837-development-branch-changelog/page-41#entry3044283).

Cars like Hunter, Ifrit, Prowler etc. and all kind of trucks (not the big ones -> Tempest classes and HEMTT classes; except the simple HEMTT) are loadable.

BUT!!!

For now it is only possible to load one vehicle at once. It does not matter if it is a Quadbike ore Zamak Repair (glad we don't have bicycles yet).

You don't have to open the ramp for loading in and uloading the vehicles.

There is no loading in or unloading transition.

It does not matter if you are standing with the vehicles front or back at the ramp. There is only one loading position (front towards the cockpit).

I think an option to customize what appears on the three tiles in the main menu would be nice (and the ability to disable them entirely) e.g I would have buttons for the editor, server browser and a direct connect to my milsim unit's server.

The Apex PBOs are currently encrypted (EBO file type) and you can't open them as you would a PBO. Assuming BI handles Apex files the same as they did for the DLCs, they will remain encrypted until some time after the release of Apex.

Hmm, thats sad, because i wantet to create an Medicskin for Tanoa life

For now it is only possible to load one vehicle at once. It does not matter if it is a Quadbike ore Zamak Repair (glad we don't have bicycles yet).

Size matters.

PgALfe5.jpg

I really don't like the main menu in it's current form.

3 giant buttons, of which only 1 is usefull to me. All the other buttons are very small and at the top, with the logo between play and options... Not very nice to navigate.

new menu for those who have not tested yet:

20160614190047_171ut8.jpg

1) The general entries (Singleplayer, Multiplayer, Options, ...) should be in the middle and more prominent (larger!). Keep the "quickbuttons" but we don't need them in the middle... shove them up towards the top and make the entire bottom half of the screen the general menu.

2) the quickbuttons should be customizable. I will never use "quickbattle" or "Prologe campaign" buttons currently implemented. So they just waste screenspace. Also, they don't need to be THAT large... i mean seriously. This isn't a mobile game.

crappy paintover of how i think it would look/feel better:

paintoverx0uhs.png

Personally i think the general main menu options could be permanently de-collapsed (but greyed out if you don't hover over the category - i.e. all singeplayer entries un-greyed when hovering anywhere over the singeplayer category). There are so few entries in the individual subpoints, there is little reason to hide them. As someone who restarts the game very often (modding), this is important to me.

• Like 3

Size matters.

PgALfe5.jpg

Alright, there was some fault on my side. I was not able to load in more than one Quadbike then. Now it works.

Guys i heard thunfer and i tough its real - almost turned off the pc :) Great work, but about sound - 20mm cannons sound like pif-paf weapons from '98 games.
And midrange textures are more than terrible - bright terrain close to player, above 70M darker - this cannot be keeped that way, please fix this terrain bug. It really brake immersion.
https://feedback.bistudio.com/T116878

• Like 1

English please.

=> Guys I heard thunder and I tough it was real

English please.

He heard Thunder within the game, and thought it was real.. not really that difficult to understand, even though English isn't Vasily's native language.

• Like 2

Any chance you can change the square "steerable" canopy parachutes to a grey colour, as opposed to green, as they're usually Grey in real life.

• Like 1

Yeah, I saw a fish swim up the beach and head into the jungle yesterday.  I just backed away slowly.

LOL. It is the future indeed, far enough out for evolution to kick in

Question, is there a script command to get vehicle cargo, meaning, the vehicles that are loaded into the cargo hold of the Blackfish ? Any command to eject them ?

Also not a fan of the new main menu implementation.

The top menu isn't too bad, might just need getting used to, but the big central buttons just don't work for me at all.

I guess they could work to focus new players but from my point of view as a minimalist, this just messes with the 'Feng Shui'.

Also obscuring the background tableaux.

Maybe an option to turn off the central boxes for more seasoned players would be a good compromise?

E

• Like 1

Personally i think the general main menu options could be permanently de-collapsed (but greyed out if you don't hover over the category - i.e. all singeplayer entries un-greyed when hovering anywhere over the singeplayer category). There are so few entries in the individual subpoints, there is little reason to hide them. As someone who restarts the game very often (modding), this is important to me.

+1

It's a PC game, you don't need minimalistic menus, just let me go straight to Virtual Arsenal with a single click. Or Editor. Or video options. :)

Main menu looks lovely, but indeed it's a lot of wasted space; will typically only use the Editor button from the giant center buttons. Maybe one day we can define what we want to have there :)

• Like 1

Question, is there a script command to get vehicle cargo, meaning, the vehicles that are loaded into the cargo hold of the Blackfish ? Any command to eject them ?

attachedObjects vtol

detaching should be: (driver vtol) action ["UnloadAllVehicles", vtol]; However, it doesn't seem to work.

2) the quickbuttons should be customizable. I will never use "quickbattle" or "Prologe campaign" buttons currently implemented. So they just waste screenspace. Also, they don't need to be THAT large... i mean seriously. This isn't a mobile game.

I generally like the idea of the quickbuttons, and I agree that they should be customizeable. Once one has played the campaign one doesn't need a quick select button for it anymore. It should at the very least contain things that will most likely be always used frequently. For me that would be:

Editor,

Single Missions,

Server Browser/Quickplay

attachedObjects vtol

detaching should be: (driver vtol) action ["UnloadAllVehicles", vtol]; However, it doesn't seem to work

I found some more commands via supportInfo "";

vtol setVehicleCargo cargo; - loads cargo into vtol

getVehicleCargo vtol; - Returns list of vehicles in cargo

vtol canVehicleCargo cargo; - Return whether cargo can be loaded into vtol

vtol enableVehicleCargo bool; - Enable or disable cargo capability

isVehicleCargo cargo; - Returns the vehicle cargo is loaded in

vehicleCargoEnabled vtol: - Returns whether cargo loading is enabled/disabled

• Like 2

Is the following a bug or a feature?

Clicking the right mouse button when the weapon is lowered, the ambient character animations stop. Clicking the right button again, enables them again.

Is the following a bug or a feature?

Clicking the right mouse button when the weapon is lowered, the ambient character animations stop. Clicking the right button again, enables them again.

I love doing that while idle so that it stops annoying camera movement (in first person) and that animation where the guy will wipe his brow. If it is a bug I hope it doesn't get fixed

1) In Eden editor, vehicle icons should hide when loaded and far from camera (same system as units in vehicles). Right now you can't drag the blackfish when far from it since you just grab the loaded vehicles instead. Right now you will also sometimes get the "No space in vehicle" warning when dragging around a vehicle containing vehicles. Pretty sure it's related to the other issue.

2) Vehicles are ejected in the wrong order.

I have tested the new Vehicle-in-Vehicle-Feature (https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/140837-development-branch-changelog/page-41#entry3044283).

Cars like Hunter, Ifrit, Prowler etc. and all kind of trucks (not the big ones -> Tempest classes and HEMTT classes; except the simple HEMTT) are loadable.

BUT!!!

You don't have to open the ramp for loading in and uloading the vehicles.

There is no loading in or unloading transition.

It does not matter if you are standing with the vehicles front or back at the ramp. There is only one loading position (front towards the cockpit).

additionally, when flying with multiple vehicles and using the unload all vehicles action menu command, only the first ejected vehicle deploys a parachute... ouch