Am I the only one who finds that the rotation point issue became worse with 1.54? I get stuck in door frames and I stick to to objects when turning frequently.

• Like 1

Am I the only one who finds that the rotation point issue became worse with 1.54? I get stuck in door frames and I stick to to objects when turning frequently.

Not the only one. I find it worse as well.

Can be. It's still a compromise, a different one, a combination of two worlds.

Question is whether the benefits of not having the rot. point offset when stationary (no movement when only turning, more precise positioning) outweigh the problems (more collisions when turning).

Yes the same bugs still happen but I prefer the less collision when turning that we now have. The change wasn't suppose to fix all the collision bugs because both of them have those. I don't fall that easily from balcony with the current rotation, which was my number one enemy in Arma 3. Can't count the times me or my friends have died when dropped from a balcony in multiplayer. It can still happen but not that easily. At least I need to do more effort to make that happen.

The question is, can the current implementation be improved? Right now maneuvering through houses is a pain in the *******, and I personally would prefer to fall from balconies again.

Can be. It's still a compromise, a different one, a combination of two worlds.
Question is whether the benefits of not having the rot. point offset when stationary (no movement when only turning, more precise positioning) outweigh the problems (more collisions when turning).

Anybody else experience massive fps breakdowns recently? Game slows to 1 - 2 fps, but doesn't crash, especially when entering missions through Eden editor.

• Like 4

Can elaborate on this please?

• Added: A limitation of the crater count in the scene to optimize performance

Anybody else experience massive fps breakdowns recently? Game slows to 1 - 2 fps, but doesn't crash, especially when entering missions through Eden editor.no t 

i had twice the game goes slow, on in 3d editor and in some aircrafts

Can elaborate on this please?

• Added: A limitation of the crater count in the scene to optimize performance

I'm pretty certain it pertains to explosions creating the Crater mesh on surfaces being limited in order to prevent performance deterioration over a period of time. (and no, they're not 3D craters... It's the same method for bullet holes, a texture over a surface)

there is now max ceiling limit on those :) shall help with FPS in heavy guns intensive firefights ;)

• Like 1

Anybody else experience massive fps breakdowns recently? Game slows to 1 - 2 fps, but doesn't crash, especially when entering missions through Eden editor.

Yes, but it's not in Eden.  I've had it happen (with loads of mods) on Altis in the 2D editor and it goes to a rock solid 7 FPS.  If I turn everything down to Low quality, it goes up to a rock steady 9 FPS.  That's even when paused.  I've also found that the units in my group (they're a combination of LtsThomas SEALs with RHS gear) will walk around with their uniforms in stuck in the "design" animation (all the limbs stuck out).

When I quit back to the main menu, sometimes the mission will load, but the spectator script won't fire and I'll just be looking at a civilian.  What's weird is the FPS comes right back up to normal (~85 FPS in this case).  I'm trying to figure out if it's a script that's causing the issue (UPSMON?) or something else.

• Like 2

having the same issue with the fps drops. I admit, I use tons of addons too, but they never caused such a behavior before...

it is as if the game suddenly starts to "forget" parts of it. when the drop kicks in and I go back to the editor menu, I get reports of missing definitions / animations and such stuff...weird.

I have the same problem as gatordev explained, after playing for a certain period of time (maybe 10 minutes) you'll get the first symptoms (usually my character's head starts to shake, then everything, from units to the terrain itself will look graphically horrible) + the massive fps drop and it stays that way until I exit and reboot the game.

Glad to see that it's not my computer's fault at least.

I have the same problem as gatordev explained, after playing for a certain period of time (maybe 10 minutes) you'll get the first symptoms (usually my character's head starts to shake, then everything, from units to the terrain itself will look graphically horrible) + the massive fps drop and it stays that way until I exit and reboot the game.

I'm getting the same but mine crashes.

+1

In my PC they happen everywhere and quite randomly.

They can happen with as few as 2 soldiers in the map. No matter what settings I have (I have all in ultra, and when that lag comes it stays in 5-9 fps even if I switch the settings to the lowest pre-set; and my GPU temperature doesn't go higher than 50C).

I don't use any addon. 

So it seems that somethingâ„¢ triggers an endless loop.

Yes, but it's not in Eden.  I've had it happen (with loads of mods) on Altis in the 2D editor and it goes to a rock solid 7 FPS.  If I turn everything down to Low quality, it goes up to a rock steady 9 FPS.  That's even when paused.  I've also found that the units in my group (they're a combination of LtsThomas SEALs with RHS gear) will walk around with their uniforms in stuck in the "design" animation (all the limbs stuck out).

When I quit back to the main menu, sometimes the mission will load, but the spectator script won't fire and I'll just be looking at a civilian.  What's weird is the FPS comes right back up to normal (~85 FPS in this case).  I'm trying to figure out if it's a script that's causing the issue (UPSMON?) or something else.

Mods aren't the problem. I run the game without mods, and the error persists.

Inside the game, after a while it slows down. 5 - 2 fps, no matter (!!!) the graphics settings or where the character is looking.

The same fps drop problem appeared here too. I haven't played much recently but it has occurred randomly twice in the last week.

No mods. In the campaign. Fps drops from 50-60 to 5, and doesn't recover without a game restart. Even quitting the mission doesn't help.

I'm using the (apparently) experimental SSE2 memory allocator though.

Did you encounter those issues also after Wednesday's update? There may have been a data corruption in the Altis terrain, which should since then have been fixed (but since we don't have an actual repro, we're not sure it really was).

Did you encounter those issues also after Wednesday's update? There may have been a data corruption in the Altis terrain, which should since then have been fixed (but since we don't have an actual repro, we're not sure it really was).

I've verified my files and uninstalled dev branch yesterday, and I'll reinstall it today to see what happens. Hopefully the problem will be gone.

I encountered an fps drop after thurday's update, right before my first attempt to record the video I posted above. I had to restart the game because in editor everything was fine, but after clicking preview it was still at 5 fps no matter what. And it was on Stratis. I never loaded Altis that day.

Just had the FPS drop again with todays build (133700) on Altis.

The problem persists even after cleaning up and redownloading the beta. One common thing appears to be that the fps breakdowns begin after about 10 minutes of play for the first time and after that reappear very quickly. They also seem to be connected to firing weapons, but I cannot confirm that as of now because I think I had one massive fps breakdown yesterday where I was only driving around on the Island in a car.

This is a pretty bad problem right now.

Maybe there is a common thread between all our occurances? I would suggest trying to run the game vanilla, for everybody who has the problem, and seeing under which circumstances you can reproduce it. I am going to do one or two more runs tonight and see if I can find anything.

• Like 1