Why would the bullet graze the face if I'm shooting into his face and it happens consistently.

It's hard to tell from your video where the bullet hits. At least a couple of them looked like you hit the helmet or side of the face or neck.

But like I said, it may indeed be a bug. I just can't reproduce it.

• Like 1

Why would the bullet graze the face if I'm shooting into his face and it happens consistently.

The failed hits do look questionable. It is possible that they might have caused 0.999 damage, which is not enough to trigger "kill" event. If you are interested to investigate this further, there are plenty of community made utilities and scripts to see exactly why it failed. 

Don't mean to sound like a douche, but from your video it's quite tricky to see where you actually hit, if you hit.

After playing Arma quite long time today I realized how annoying that sound of distant gunfire played during the opening screen. They have the nice music score and the gunfight sounds ruins all. Anyone else has this feeling or I am just a frustrated a bit?

Any chance to remove or reduce the volume at least?

Don't want to do any advertising or so , but I agree. That's why I made this mod.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=517701906

Don't mean to sound like a douche, but from your video it's quite tricky to see where you actually hit, if you hit.

The blood splatter comes out of his head, so I hit something without a doubt.

The failed hits do look questionable. It is possible that they might have caused 0.999 damage, which is not enough to trigger "kill" event. If you are interested to investigate this further, there are plenty of community made utilities and scripts to see exactly why it failed.

Yeah if you can point me to any I'd give them a go. I'm still interested to test this in a multi-player environment, since that map I use is quite dated and I have no idea what configs and such are really being used.

Yeah if you can point me to any I'd give them a go. I'm still interested to test this in a multi-player environment, since that map I use is quite dated and I have no idea what configs and such are really being used.

Sorry I dont have any specific tools in mind, just google arma bullet tracing/tracking. Can also try my bullet cam http://killzonekid.com/arma-scripting-tutorials-a-simple-bullet-cam/ :) 

Awesome job with the implementation of the description.ext into 3den.

I've already created a ticket with further settings I'd like to see.

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=26522

My concern is, that we end up having to use the description.ext for things like the garbage collector settings and other less commonly used settings. That would be a bummer in my opinion.

Probably not suitable for MP, but here's my simple damage test script: https://www.dropbox.com/s/u5ceb5wle66vhrl/Damage-test.VR.zip?dl=0

It's the one I used in above videos.

Features: shows damage to different hitpoints, tracers, marks the point of impact, change target gear and pose, messy code, no sway, no stamina, etc.

Installation: extract to your editor missions folder, and play through editor.

Requirements: dev branch or the next main build v1.54

Guarantee: none

And now back to the topic ...mmm, I've got nothing... Keep up the good work, people! :thumbs-up:

• Like 1

0x00000001 – UNABLE_TO_INIT_DXGI error

Has anyone got this error? I've had that happen for couple months now at least on the dev branch. Can't now remember was it dev issue only. It sometimes do that. Sometimes I even need to launch the launcher again and sometimes just launching the game again helps.

The game launches in a resolution of a forum avatar. Taking picture in steam and the picture is 8x8 pixels :D It's the pink and black thing on top of the task manager. It's like taking two pixels from the top left corner and having that as a resolution. The pink is there because of MSI afterburner but the problem doesn't have anything to do with it, I've tested. When I close the game I get that error. So if you know what D3D11 text in the MSI Afterburner looks you can understand the resolution.

I found out that I'm not the only one with the same error issue.

Seems like the wiki gives these kind of options how to maybe deal with it. I've the latest Nvidia drivers so maybe it's an issue with many of the newest drivers (I mean maybe even before 353 and we're currently in 358). I've GTX 970 and this is the only game I've had that kind of issue.

Steam overlay issue? Well that's a freaking important part of Steam and if that's the problem then it should be fixed. Tested and it's not the problem.

GPU and CPU temps aren't problem.

I haven't yet tried much to see what's causing the issue. I installed the Windows again because I changed my Motherboard and the same issue is still here. I can live with it because I only need to launch the game couple of times but it's still very annoying. I'll make a ticket later when I've tried to look more about the issue. It's a common random issue so it's not fun try to repro and eliminate what's causing it and that's why I haven't yet even tried that.

Will there be a way to implement recoil to static weapons in the future?

Has anyone got this error? I've had that happen for couple months now at least on the dev branch. Can't now remember was it dev issue only. It sometimes do that. Sometimes I even need to launch the launcher again and sometimes just launching the game again helps.

The game launches in a resolution of a forum avatar. Taking picture in steam and the picture is 8x8 pixels :D It's the pink and black thing on top of the task manager. It's like taking two pixels from the top left corner and having that as a resolution. The pink is there because of MSI afterburner but the problem doesn't have anything to do with it, I've tested. When I close the game I get that error. So if you know what D3D11 text in the MSI Afterburner looks you can understand the resolution.

Seems like the wiki gives these kind of options how to maybe deal with it. I've the latest Nvidia drivers so maybe it's an issue with many of the newest drivers (I mean maybe even before 353 and we're currently in 358). I've GTX 970 and this is the only game I've had that kind of issue.

Steam overlay issue? Well that's a freaking important part of Steam and if that's the problem then it should be fixed.

I haven't yet tried much to see what's causing the issue. I installed the Windows again because I changed my Motherboard and the same issue is still here. I can live with it because I only need to launch the game couple of times but it's still very annoying. I'll make a ticket later when I've tried to look more about the issue. It's a common random issue so it's not fun try to repro and eliminate what's causing it and that's why I haven't yet even tried that.

Had similar, played around with the "post process " settings. changed the type. Have not seen it since.

Had similar, played around with the "post process " settings. changed the type. Have not seen it since.

Post Process type like SMAA/FXAA/CMAA?

Post Process type like SMAA/FXAA/CMAA?

Correct. I only started having the problem recently. Was thinking it might be connected to my GTX 970 but read some amd cards having the same.

Any way mess around with the settings gp from 8 to 4

Steam overlay issue? Well that's a freaking important part of Steam and if that's the problem then it should be fixed. Tested and it's not the problem.

im getting this as well. every time. gtx970 in common.

edit - it seems that this crash happens in missions that have a heavy load when loading up. not sure if thats useful to know.

edit 2 - seems fixed in latest dev branch! nice.

Czech national holiday.

yesterday not today, i download something this morning

16-11-2015

• Added: Support for nested classes in CfgVehicles >> (vehicleclass) >> EventHandlers (allowing stacking)

Could a developer please provide a bit more info on this?  :)

Could a developer please provide a bit more info on this?  :)

Basically you can do:

class cfgVehicles {
    class CAManBase {
        class EventHandlers {
            class MyAddon {
                init = " doStuff ";
            };

class OtherAddon {
                init = " doOtherStuff ";
            }; 

};
    };
};

Whereas previously you'd have to put `init=` directly into the EventHandlers class - meaning addons would overwrite one another's changes

• Like 1

More info about event handler improvements added to the Community Wiki. Basically you no longer need to use third party addons to safely configure your event handlers.

• Like 1

After today dev-update my steam freezing when i try start arma. I try verify integrity of game cache but not help.